Planetary Annihilation Poll - Revisisted

Souper

The poll  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts and statistics related to PA?

• I like it.
    • Meh (Don't care, mixed feelings, neutral feelings or just one game to play when bored with others.)
    • I dislike it.
    • I own it.
    • I own TITANS.
    • I backed it.
    • I kickstarted it.

As we all know, this game has been discussed before. But with the addition of TITANS, and a longer deadline for this poll, I hope to obtain a more conclusive and detailed outcome by re-igniting this discussion with a few facts presented at the front page, where we may decide where this game's place in the afterlife will be.

PLANETARY ANNIHILATION: SINS VS. VIRTUES

VIRTUOUS FEATURES

Interplanetary gameplay across spheres.

Awesome ways to win.

Spirit of Total Annihilation and SupCom.

Streaming economy based on efficiency.

NEUTRAL FEATURES

Cartoony graphics.

Macro gameplay.

SINS:

Glitchy.

Unpolished / unoptimized.

That whole debacle with Kickstarter and people not getting back what they wanted.

TITANS costs money.

Summing it all up, and feel free to add anything i may have missed, what would you, KSP community, make of this game? I personally give it a 9/10 just because the interplanetary aspect of it is enough to bring out my passion for space and win me over, but of course your thoughts may differ.

Whoops! Forgot to change the deadline and make it longer.

My thoughts:

I like the graphics, they are crisp, fast and original.

Spherical maps are cool.

My issue with it: aside from the spherical maps its a bit "by the numbers". Its a competent game, but its suffers from what a lot of designed-for-multiplayer games suffer from - Firstly there's the afterthought of a singleplayer campaign, but it just feels generic and undifferentiated - for example the units, you've got the obligatory range of fast/lightly armed and slow/heavily armed and all sides not only have the same units but are identical. The interplanetary aspect and superweapons don't do much to change my mind.

So, aside from the maps, there isn't much originality in the gameplay. Its very hard, for example, to compare it to Supreme Commander and come out with anything positive. What I can say is that I cant think of anything I particularly *dislike* about it.

Its a fairly competent, fairly pretty, average RTS with one or two fancy gimmicks.

I really like RTS games, but.. I'm terrible at them. I'm too slow. I like building infrastructure and defenses ( I believe the rts term would be turtleing ) and taking my time.

PA, SC... It's just rush, rush, rush. Build, build, multitask, multitask. Lol... I Cant stand it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.