[WIP] adsii1970's Custom Image Repository

adsii1970

THIS THREAD IS A WORK IN PROGRESS

Since the early days of .22, I have enjoyed making importable art for use as flags. Since 2013, I have been asked by various forum members to make flags, I have offered my talents to create artwork for various projects, and have even started my own mission report thread ripe with custom artwork.

About two weeks ago, I was asked by a forum member if I could create a thread that would have ALL of my artwork featured. After careful consideration, some advice from @Dman979, consulting with @Red Iron Crown, and a few others, I have decided to begin this thread - and as you can tell by the title, as I do artwork for any project or artwork at the request of forum users and the various KSP related Facebook pages to which I belong (Kerbal Space Program, Kerbal Space Program - Public Group, and KerbalStuff Reborn), I will post copies of the artwork for you to enjoy.

Before I forget, the below Creative Commons licensing applies to the images on this thread and images created by me located on other threads.

Creative Commons License
This work by adsii1970 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/132488-wip-adsii1970s-custom-image-repository/.

In other words, Please feel free to use, copy, redistribute, or even edit the images contained on this thread or on others; all I ask is that when you repost it, you give acknowledgment to the original artwork and that you do not use my original artwork to create revenue as I have spent the time and effort to create the artwork to be used free of charge.

Quick links to the image posts on this thread
Beta Tester Images Custom Artwork Collection (requested items)
Kerbal Space Program 1.1 pre-release images Images created for the Real Space Program [AMR Successor]
  MOD RSP Flag and Final Frontier Add-on Graphics Pack
Kerbal Space Program 1.3 pre-release images Images created for the Space-Y Program
    Images created for the Saturn Shuttle Program
  MOD Custom Final Frontier ribbons ( @Lo Var Lachland )

Generic Images for Fun 
  Profile header images (free to use)
  Generic Kerbalnaut Qualification and Flight Wings

General Forum Images (non-requested) Thread of the Month Images
Images created for the Rep Grand Group 2017 Thread of the Month Images
Images created for the Light Green Group 2018 Thread of the Month Images
Image created for the Positive Forum Movement 2019 Thread of the Month Images
  2020 Thread of the Month Images
  2021 Thread of the Month Images

Mod Related Images/Final Frontier Ribbons  
MOD add on pack: Merit awards  
MOD add-on pack: Officer Ranks for Kerbal Space Program  

IMAGES CREATED FOR THE LIGHT GREEN GROUP

When the rumors and plans were released for the change in forum hosting software, many of us "old timers" were very concerned in how the new forum would represent our hard-earned reputation points. These images were created to look identical to the old forum reputation point system - except I added the Kerbal Space Program logo AND the text below (PRE-NOVEMBER 2015 FORUM UPDATE) the image.

In all fairness, these images are free to use, but if you didn't earn the rep points under the old forum, then out of the virtue of integrity, do not use an image that you didn't earn in the old forum. No, I'm not going to spam your inbox, nor is @Endersmens going to haunt you until you remove the image, but with his excellent record keeping, we will all know if you are truly a member of the Light Green Group.

0Ht6sJF.png?1 Us7usdo.png?1 ammCToh.png?1 zvMTfLv.png?1

1 white bar -
For those who didn't
share their rep points

For 1 to 99 rep points 100 to 199 rep point 200 to 299 rep points
mzKUH20.png?1 RVrvpOB.png?1 pNBkvjv.png?1 L5NqjgX.png?1
300 to 399 rep points 400 - 499 rep points 500 - 699 rep points 700 - 899 rep points
4HFbpA1.png?1 LqISbvj.png?1 P2TCgaK.png?1 l3qsOKi.png?1
900 - 1,099 rep points 1,100 - 1,299 rep points 1,300 - 1,499 rep points 1,500 and greater rep points

IMAGES CREATED FOR THE REP GRAND GROUP

This is actually the newest image (as of today's date 20160219) of the ones I have done. Yesterday, during my office hours, I began piddling with the idea of creating an image for this group to commemorate this achievement - which it truly is! Anyhow, after numerous instant messages between myself and @Endersmens, we created an image that is suitable for using as a signature badge.

lIupNa0.png?1 e3U8SRB.png?1
Image with text outlined in white. Image with text outlined in black.

I am sure that as thread is developed more, there will be more images in the future. It seems the new reputation system is allowing many to get a lot of rep in a relatively short time. Who knows, maybe @Endersmens will have to start a new thread: The 10K Group!

Edited by adsii1970

GENERIC KERBALNAUT QUALIFICATION AND FLIGHT WINGS

In the early days of my love affair with KSP, I thought it would be really neat to have a set of qualification wings available for my Kerbals, believing that I could somehow import them into the game and have them appear under the silhouette of the Kerbalnauts while in the flight screen. Well, after trying unsuccessfully to create the mod, I kept the image files. When I offered my services to the Apollo Mission Recreation program, I dusted them off, revived them, and had offered them to those participating in the flights.

Original non-mission role specific qualification wings:

3RBbZfP.png?1 Kerbalnaut Qualification Wings: Awarded once basic Kerbalnaut training has been completed as determined by the flight director (non-specific flight crew assignment.)
gEfjKuZ.png?1 Senior Kerbalnaut Wings: Awarded for participation in three missions as a member of the flight crew (non-specific flight crew assignment and supersedes Kerbalnaut Qualification Wings)
CbfXrbt.png?1 Master Kerbalnaut Wings: Awarded for participation in five missions as a member of the flight crew (non-specific flight crew assignment and supersedes Kerbalnaut Qualification Wings and Senior Kerbalnaut Wings)

Before I am contacted or others comment on why did I make the gold star inferior to the silver star, I would be amiss if I did not explain the reality that space programs and militaries have always been tied together since the days of the second World War. Within NASA, even civilian astronauts were awarded qualification badges that were based on the military's insignia. In the case of Astronaut Neil Armstrong, his astronaut wings were nothing more than the naval qualification badge worn by astronauts that were officers in the United States Navy.

So, in the tradition of military insignia used by both the United States and Great Britain, I designed these images with a simple formula that gold is always the inferior position when used to indicate rank. Within the American military, for example, this is obvious in the first two officer ranks:

U.S. Army/Air Force/Marines U.S. Navy/Coast Guard

O-1_Large.png

Second Lieutenant Ensign

O-2_Large.png

First Lieutenant

Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Edited by adsii1970

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

When the rumors and plans were released for the change in forum hosting software, many of us "old timers" were very concerned in how the new forum would represent our hard-earned reputation points. These images were created to look identical to the old forum reputation point system - except I added the Kerbal Space Program logo AND the text below (PRE-NOVEMBER 2015 FORUM UPDATE) the image.

In all fairness, these images are free to use, but if you didn't earn the rep points under the old forum, then out of the virtue of integrity, do not use an image that you didn't earn in the old forum. No, I'm not going to spam your inbox, nor is @Endersmens going to haunt you until you remove the image, but with his excellent record keeping, we will all know if you are truly a member of the Light Green Group.

In all fairness, I don't remember how many bars I had back in the day :( maybe 5 dark, but most likely 4.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

0Ht6sJF.png?1 Us7usdo.png?1 ammCToh.png?1 zvMTfLv.png?1

1 white bar -
For those who didn't
share their rep points

For 1 to 99 rep points 100 to 199 rep point 200 to 299 rep points
mzKUH20.png?1 RVrvpOB.png?1 pNBkvjv.png?1 L5NqjgX.png?1
300 to 399 rep points 400 - 499 rep points 500 - 699 rep points 700 - 899 rep points
4HFbpA1.png?1 LqISbvj.png?1 P2TCgaK.png?1 l3qsOKi.png?1
900 - 1,099 rep points 1,100 - 1,299 rep points 1,300 - 1,499 rep points 1,500 and greater rep points

I did share my points, I just didn't get any! 

45 minutes ago, the_pazter said:

I did share my points, I just didn't get any! 

I do not think anyone would complain too loudly if you used the one dark green bar... :) If you notice, I still use the image for my three dark green bars although my new number is significantly higher than that now!

IMAGES CREATED FOR REAL SPACE PROGRAM [AMR SUCCESSOR]
[This project no longer requires my support. No additional images will be created]

This is the latest efforts of the former Apollo Mission Recreation team ( @ZooNamedGames, @Dman979, @CliftonM, @NathanKell, and many others); I am happy to report that they have had their first successful launch. In fact, it was this current project that led me to the decision to place all the images I have created for various Kerbal Space Program (KSP) projects.

Within this posting, I will share the original set of images as they were created but they will be in one of those "hidden content" or "spoiler" sections. Updated artwork that indicates positions for use as signature images are listed here. Please note that these are the CORRECTED position images that reflect the NASA defined positions as @ZooNamedGames has directed to be used on the thread. So, since he is the thread manager, I have revised the graphics, where needed, to indicate proper NASA designation.

SIGNATURE IMAGES FOR NEW MEMBERS - NEW AND CORRECTED (NASA DESIGNATIONS)

DYS78lV.png?1 0hmOjMu.png?1 z5vM7GO.png?1 3N8a7t5.png?1
Booster Engineer

Electrical, Environmental, and
Consumables Manager (EEOC)

Flight Activities Officer Flight Director
E77fTUA.png?1 dy0FcMZ.png?1 nGjDHE8.png?1 zPm7Rxu.png?1
Guidance Officer * Public Affairs Officer Range Safety Officer ** Recovery Officer***
USXTmam.png?1 U9sLiIa.png?1 SNaSFQx.png?1 Wi7QbLm.png?1

Tracking Officer +

Payloads Officer Launch Operations Director++ Capsule Communications
(CAPCOM)+++
53pgyRf.png?1 ss6wn74.png?1 k7bSY7t.png?1 NPz7qZ2.png?1
Spacecraft Communications
(CAPCOM)+++
Kerbalnaut Mission Control
Director
Booster Lead Developer

SIGNATURE IMAGES FOR VETERAN MEMBERS - NEW AND CORRECTED (NASA DESIGNATIONS)
For the purpose of signature recognition, a "veteran" of the Real Space Program is defined as any member of the official KSP forum who has participated in one successful mission as defined by @ZooNamedGames.

JxYnHH6.png?1 moSyuIH.png?1 tisejU3.png?1 L9S95Qc.png?1
Booster Engineer

Electrical, Environmental, and
Consumables Manager (EEOC)

Flight Activities Officer Flight Director
WbxdVaP.png?1 JzKDmrC.png?1 7LTvuG9.png?1 2HBJ2Ly.png?1
Guidance Officer * Public Affairs Officer Range Safety Officer ** Recovery Officer ***
M5I7Tvn.png?1 dCsSKzw.png?1 jm0rmPr.png?1 BbNfspu.png?1
Tracking Officer + Payloads Officer Launch Operations Director ++ Capsule Communications
(CAPCOM) +++
IsMYGpe.png?1 KDsh2eq.png?1 3dgh6rO.png?1 bZIqPza.png?1
Spacecraft Communications
(CAPCOM) +++
Kerbalnaut Booster Lead Developer Mission Control Director

mDFvZkt.png?1

Flight Dynamics Officer

Please click the spoiler for descriptions of designations that are not standard NASA designations.

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION OF NON-NASA DESIGNATIONS OR CONFUSING TITLES

* The Guidance Officer is NOT an official NASA designation, but for the sake of this project, is actually a combination of two NASA positions. These positions are:

• Guidance, Navigation and Controls System Engineer (GNC): Monitors vehicle guidance and navigation systems.
  • Guidance Procedures Officer (GPO): Monitors onboard navigation and guidance computer software.

** Range Safety Officer (RSO): Oversees the protection of people and assets on both the rocket range and downrange in cases when a launch vehicle might endanger them. Activates protocols to order the launch vehicle to shut-down the propulsion system or by something as sophisticated as an independent Flight Termination System (FTS) that has redundant transceivers in the launch vehicle that can receive a command to self-destruct then set off charges in the launch vehicle to combust the rocket propellants at altitude.

*** Recovery Officer is NOT an official NASA designation, but for the sake of this project, is actually a combination of three NASA positions. These positions are:

• Flight Crew Recovery Supervisor (FCRS): Coordinates with military counterpart and flight surgeon to oversee the recovery of the flight crew, to include medical assistance, pre and post mission quarantine, crew retrieval (both living and deceased Astronauts), and normal gravity acclimatization.
  • Capsule Recovery Officer (CRS): Coordinates with military and Coast Guard counterparts to oversee the recovery of space capsules (phased out with the introduction of the Space Shuttle, superceeded by STS Recovery and Transportation Supervisor) (reintroduced in 2012 with the approval of the Orion reusable Space Capsule Program).
  • STS Recovery and Transportation Supervisor (SRTS): Oversees the return of the STS reusable launch vehicle (space shuttle, in plain lingo) to the NASA facilities at John C. Stennis or Johnson Space Center for refurbishment, engine testing, etc. (phased out with the last shuttle mission).

+ Tracking Officer is NOT an official NASA designation, but for the sake of this project, is a simplification of the description and duties of the Ground Controller (GC): Responsible for telemetry and command in the MCC and directs maintenance and operation activities.

++ Launch Operations Director is NOT an official NASA designation, but for the sake of this project, oversees the pre-flight checklist and launch countdown.

* The Capsule Communications (CAPCOM) is (was) an official NASA designation but was changed to Spacecraft Communications (CAPCOM) with the arrival of the Space Transportation System (the space shuttle) program. Both titles are presented in this collection for the sake of my sanity and strict adherence to historical accuracy and the needs of the Real Space Program missions (and to satisfy the demands of @ZooNamedGames).

Edited by adsii1970
Added the rest of the graphics for the veteran crew!

Separate thread - separate project. I will be posting all those images in due time, but those do not carry over into the Real Space Missions image gallery.  :cool:

It's why I entered the title of it  - to reserve it in the correct order, but I did not have the time today to upload the images yet.

• 1 month later...

Kerbal Space Program 1.1 pre-release images

I never expected anything other than just poking fun at a request made by @cubinator, I created a flag to commemorate the 1.1 pre-release. Since then, the suggestion was made by @HebaruSan to create a set that could be used in signatures and that could be divided into levels of participation. He asked, "Maybe a few tiers to signify that you tested, reported a bug, had a bug you reported fixed, multiple fixes?" So, my response is - sure, why not?

So for your signatures and tongue-in-cheek fun, here's what I have to offer...

NOTE: They are on a white background...

JkbpPF6.png?1 BP0xvjh.png?1 MbsnCFq.png?1  
Basic Bug Badge
For those in the hunt, haven't found a unique one yet.
Bug Spotter Badge
For those who have found between one and four bugs.
Bug Killer Badge
For those who have between one and four bugs found, reported, and addressed by Squad

CkZKtdl.png?1 hABjZIi.png?1 X46RsiU.png?1  
Pre-Release Survivor Badge
For those who want to celebrate their survival of the pre-release version before the official release!
Bug Hunter Badge
For those who have found between five and ten unique bugs.

Bug Exterminator Badge
For those who have between five and ten bugs found, reported, and addressed by Squad.

Edited by adsii1970
pre-release badge added

• 1 month later...

REAL SPACE PROGRAM FLAG AND FINAL FRONTIER ADD ON GRAPHICS MOD PACK

Over the last few months I have been approached by a number of people who have asked if I could create everything from ribbons to flags for Kerbal Space Program. Instead of creating a new thread and since the mod work is all graphics-related, the mods will be shared here.

As a side note, I am still trying to figure out how to get the mod on CKAN; I've opened an issue as stated in their thread's OP. Until I figure out what I am doing wrong, the best bet to getting the most recent version is to check back here.

Download from GITHUB

Click spoiler for release notes.

Spoiler

Release notes:

Release 0.002: Fixed issues and added image

• Fixed ribbon description errors
  • Added new ribbon - CubeSat

Release 0.001: Initial Release

• Contains 5 flag images based off the Apollo Missions Recreation Program thread.
  • Contains 1 flag image based off the Real Space Program thread.
  • Contains 1 ribbon image based off the Apollo Missions Recreation Program thread.
  • Contains 2 ribbon images based off the Real Space Program thread.

REAL SPACE PROGRAM GRAPHICS MOD

This mod contains both flags and ribbons containing images created for the Real Space Program and a few images from the Apollo Missions Recreation Program (now retired). As this thread is still active and the program is still doing missions, this mod pack will be considered as a work in progress.

(Nereid's Final Frontier mod is required to make the ribbons work)

Flags included in this pack:

9HypCmX.png?1 RYVJraY.png?1 YkNvsEs.png?1 Wtfp6A8.png?1 bIPTpRc.png?1
AMR
(yellow background)
AMR
(dark red background)
AMR
(blue background)

AMR
(green background)

AMR
(transparent background)
Lfq4tyn.png?1        
RSP
("official" logo)

Ribbons included in this pack:
Please note: As the members of the Real Space Program team achieves new milestones, ribbons will be added to this pack.

----- Ribbon description
CyTYJYY.png   This is the only ribbon created for the AMR program. There are no plans to create more ribbons for this program.
BTywIAZ.png?1   This is the basic ribbon for the Real Space Program. 
btFtcgy.png?1   This ribbon is to celebrate the first successful satellite launch of the Real Space Program, the CubeSat mission.
kki9fSb.png   This ribbon is to celebrate the first successful Kerbaled orbital mission with @Ethan3369 as the Kerbalnaut.

Edited by adsii1970

Dear @adsii1970,

We have noticed of your artistic resources. We would like bigger decals for our rockets. We can currently only have small decals.

We need something like a vertical version of our logo. Example:

S
P
A
C
E

Y

Our Raptor 1 rocket is 1.25m diameter. It would also be nice to have "Raptor" and "Komodo" decals for those respective vehicles.

Thanks in advance,

- Elon Kerman, SpaceY CEO, and co-founder of KPal

Edited by Kerbiter

• 1 month later...

IMAGES CREATED FOR THE SATURN SHUTTLE PROGRAM
(as requested by @ZooNamedGames)

hOeiQLU.png

The main graphic for the
Saturn Shuttle Program

@ZooNamedGames is no stranger to me. He has a variety of projects in progress, to include the Real Space Program, the retired Apollo Missions Recreation, and a handful of smaller projects. About three months ago, he asked me to come up with logos, in the style of what NASA and other space agencies would, to represent the various missions he has done with his Saturn Shuttles. This image repository contains images designed to represent the various missions he has (and will) conduct in this space program.

The mission images are in order with the corresponding number to the mission being included below the image. To see what the mission actually was, please visit the Saturn Space Program thread. Please note the first seven images are for specific shuttles.

3g5Gaye.png m85uHSv.png RjXUPKf.png BYgKBHy.png zcgCQ0O.png
SOV-001 SOV-002 SOV-003 SOV-004 SOV-005

Gd9Pufn.png   U8oJq94.png  
  SOV-006   SOV-007  

fbUQGqS.png m9GKiW2.png      
SSM - 1 SSM - 2      

Edited by adsii1970
Vehicle images added

6 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Was there supposed to be images there?

There will be. I always create a page, then post it, then add the images after I have the page formatting set. It makes it easier to save progress this way. Otherwise, nothing sucks more than to spend thirty minutes working on a post to have the Internet fart on you...

4 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

There will be. I always create a page, then post it, then add the images after I have the page formatting set. It makes it easier to save progress this way. Otherwise, nothing sucks more than to spend thirty minutes working on a post to have the Internet fart on you...

Makes sense :) . Please quote me again when you finish!

IMAGES CREATED FOR THE SPACE-Y Program
(as requested by
@Kerbiter)

Here is a photo gallery that contains the images you requested. Please note that IMGUR sometimes will show two versions of the image if the background color is set as "clear" as I do for images created to be used as logos or ship insignia. As a side note, the first picture of the SRB with the various logos was taken before I added the final touches to the logos. And if you look at the image close enough, you will notice there are three distinct separate images on the SRB vehicle.

(To use the images, you will need to download them from Dropbox. Copy the entire Space-Y folder into your GameData folder. Do not rename the folder where the decal images are. This folder must be named "Flags" for KSP to treat them as such.)

(Please continue to read the post for the EXACT instructions you will need to follow to achieve the same type of results).

You will need two mods to use the flag images as decals. The first mod you'll need is "Flag Decals". Simply install it according to the instructions on Curse. This will allow you to have decals of various sizes and in any location on your craft you choose. The vehicle editors (VAB and SPH) treat them as any other non-physics part and you can change the rotation, set mirroring, or radial attachment. I have used this mod since its first release for .90 and it remains a staple for me.

The second mod is "In Flight Flag Switcher" and to achieve what you are wanting to do, simply select your main mission flag in the SPH or VAB before you launch. Once you have sent the vehicle to either the runway or launch pad, right click on the decal you want to change, then select the "change flag" option (note: DO NOT select the option to change the flag of the entire craft). A box will show up, similar to the flag selection box you get when changing the flag in the VAB or SPH. Simply select the image you want and then press the button. Your decal has been changed without changing the remaining decals on your craft or the main mission flag.

Here is one of my craft with three distinct images used as flags on the same craft:

SmrlpO2.jpg  1oTIKEO.jpg

If you have any issues, let me know... and as always, as you use this mod, please take a few screenshots of the artwork in action and post on this thread so others may see it! 

Edited by adsii1970
Added drop box link

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.