I need help accessing my account

thereaverofdarkness2

I can't find the appropriate forum for this topic, in fact it does not seem to exist. So I am posting here.

I need help accessing my account: thereaverofdarkness

I tried entering the correct password multiple times but it won't accept it. I assumed maybe the password was changed, so I tried to use the reset option but it said my email isn't on file. I tried all 3 emails I have ever used, and none of them are recognized by the system.

I know my account still exists because my username is taken, and I can search for my posts on Google. Please help me access my account!

No, it hasn't changed.

I can provide you with the password it SHOULD be, and the three email addresses of which one SHOULD be the correct email address. I'll put the emails here:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected] - this is the one I used for this secondary account

I've reset the password, and tried to email it, but the email address that was associated with the account no longer exists. Without a proper way to verify that the account truly belongs to you I can't give you access to it I'm afraid.

• 1 month later...

The email address associated with the account is from Hushmail. When I tried emailing the new password to that email address it was refused. I won't send out a password for an account to any other email address than the one associated with the account for obvious security reasons.

Hushmail? Oh yes, I did have a Hushmail account once, but I switched it back to my Yahoo account a long time ago. I lost access to my Hushmail account about a month after creating it. They said I have to pay money to get it back.

There is no way I can access [email protected] without paying them money. What should I do?

What if a person lost access to their email, how would they verify their account? There has to be some other way to verify their identity.

I am quite certain that I entered the correct password for the account, because I had it stored in autocomplete and it was working no more than a couple months ago, right before I sent this message. The only way it could be the wrong password is if it was changed after I logged out in late February or early March, and before I tried to log back in in early April. Did you guys change my password when you put out the new forums? Please investigate, because I lost access to the forums account at the same time as the forums were switched to the new system.

11 hours ago, thereaverofdarkness2 said:

What if a person lost access to their email, how would they verify their account? There has to be some other way to verify their identity.

Unfortunately there is no way of sufficiently verifying they are the owners of the account in that case. I suggest you register a new account (or change the name on this one to something more desirable). Send me a PM if you want your current username changed.

On 8.5.2016 at 5:40 AM, thereaverofdarkness2 said:

Then can you at least link me to somewhere I can look up all the forum posts I haven't got a chance to reply to?

Do the following:

Hover with your mouse over the following, which I assume is your old account: @thereaverofdarkness

When you do this, a small window should pop up after a moment, giving info on the user. It has three buttons at the bottom, one labeled "find content".
That will show you every post you have ever made with that account. Accordingly, you will be able to see the threads you posted in before you lost access. Then you can reply to them using your new account.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.