[Kopernicus] [1.2.1] Xen's Planet Collection (5 mods, 11 bodies)

Xenonclave

17 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

It does? That's good to know. That being said, have you tried landing on all of the celestial bodies that it adds? I've experienced some strange bugs in the past with other Kopernicus mods (back in 1.0 I think) after a Kopernicus update but without the planet pack being updated. Even so, I'll have to try out XPC myself, I want it for my next playthrough.

Good point, I actually haven't. But I have noticed Nyke and Aden working grand. The rest are there in the tracking menu, but I don't know if they are actually functional yet.

20 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Good point, I actually haven't. But I have noticed Nyke and Aden working grand. The rest are there in the tracking menu, but I don't know if they are actually functional yet.

If there's no official update in the next couple of days, I'll test them out by hyperediting vehicles to all of the planets and moons.

1 hour ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

I have the Moons of Eeloo and OPM and everything works great.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have been super inactive for the longest time because of university and stuff BUT I just updated it (kinda).

Changelog:
v0.3 [KSP 1.2.1] [Kopernicus v1.2.1-1]
- Added Setting.cfg file
- Added configs for DOE and Planet Shine
- Changes to Eve system

I'll make an actual update with actual new content and more mod support soon (I hope, midterms just ended so I MIGHT have more spare time)

9 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

I'm glad to see this mod come back, thank you. Also, what "changes" to the Eve system do you mean exactly?

I think I rearranged the orbits but honestly they could've already been the way they are. I have been meaning to go back and change more stuff for Eve and Duna but I just wanted to release something (plus I had already made a settings.cfg where you can select which mods you want active like months ago) So tbh that was the only real substantial change. 

I'd like to point out a minor bug: when using XPC with OPM in 1.2.1 (I am aware that OPM is not yet officially released, but the 1.1.2 release is still functional) Eeloo lacks its atmosphere. It's not overly significant though, especially compared to what happened when I first installed both planet packs in 1.1 (when Eeloo's moons were still orbiting around Eeloo instead of Plock).

I was doing some testing of Kopernicus mods at the time, so other than the required mods for having both OPM and XPC function, the other mods installed were Sigma Binary and Duna Restoration Project, neither of which seem likely to affect Eeloo's atmosphere.

Edited by eloquentJane

On 11/13/2016 at 9:07 AM, eloquentJane said:

I'd like to point out a minor bug: when using XPC with OPM in 1.2.1 (I am aware that OPM is not yet officially released, but the 1.1.2 release is still functional) Eeloo lacks its atmosphere. It's not overly significant though, especially compared to what happened when I first installed both planet packs in 1.1 (when Eeloo's moons were still orbiting around Eeloo instead of Plock).

I was doing some testing of Kopernicus mods at the time, so other than the required mods for having both OPM and XPC function, the other mods installed were Sigma Binary and Duna Restoration Project, neither of which seem likely to affect Eeloo's atmosphere.

I did that on purpose actually, since OPM already changes Eeloo I decided to simply leave it with their changes rather than applying my own to it. If OPM is installed XPC makes no changes to Eeloo, doesn't add Alu, and only adds Kyx and Beros in orbit around Plock.

5 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

@Xenonclave I know about the moons, it was the lack of an atmosphere that seemed odd to me.

Hmm, to be honest I can't think of an easy way to re-add the atmosphere with OPM. If you go into GameData/XPC/PlanetConfigs/EelooAlt, open the Eeloo.cfg file and get rid of :NEEDS[!OPM] at the top it might re-add the atmosphere without messing up Eeloo's place around Sarnus, but it also might not.

In any case, the next time I update the mod I can make probably make it so that Eeloo keeps it's atmosphere even around Sarnus. It's just that OPM doesn't just move Eeloo, it also changes its surface. I'll have to think about what the best way to handle it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's another screenshot from the same career.  My first science rover to Richell finally arrived and landed safely.  As you can see from the rings, I am near the equator.  I am probably going to go on a trip southeast to take a dip in the ocean.

STX38Zg.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've noticed that XPC Revived hijacks the contract system in career mode. In addition to supplying contracts to the new bodies in Mission Control, it also changes the target body of previously accepted and even past archived contracts. I guess I'm going to Aden now instead of Minmus :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.