[Kopernicus] [1.2.1] Xen's Planet Collection (5 mods, 11 bodies)

Xenonclave

4 minutes ago, TheJewelOfJool said:

Can I copy the orbits of Beros and Kyx and put them around Plock/Karen from Outer Planets Mod without any changes to the orbit size?

Yep, pretty sure there wouldn't be a problem. Actually, when I have time I'll make it so they automatically orbit around Plock if OPM is installed. :)

18 hours ago, Xenonclave said:

Updated the OP, added support for PlanetShine, Distant Object Enhancement and Outer Planets Mod. And other minor things

OPM moves Eeloo into an orbit around Sarnus, but I don't see a config for changing Eeloo's orbit in your mod.

7 hours ago, TheJewelOfJool said:

OPM moves Eeloo into an orbit around Sarnus, but I don't see a config for changing Eeloo's orbit in your mod.

In my mod I left Eeloo where it was, just put some moons around it. With OPM installed, only Beros and Kyx are added and they're put around Plock

10 hours ago, Xenonclave said:

In my mod I left Eeloo where it was, just put some moons around it. With OPM installed, only Beros and Kyx are added and they're put around Plock

OK. But it seems like Eeloo doesn't have an atmosphere and it's size hasn't changed.

2 minutes ago, TheJewelOfJool said:

OK. But it seems like Eeloo doesn't have an atmosphere and it's size hasn't changed.

With OPM installed or not? Because it should be if OPM isn't but I think I made it not happen if OPM was.

Made a Iapetus analogue (equatorial ridge) and a random rocky moon. Gave the first one rings because I had a ring texture lying around that I wasn't using yet.

xZutzbj.jpg

iMGDYVS.jpg

Don't really know what to do with them, maybe I'll make a planet pack. I'm tempted to make a gas giant with a moon system but I feel like everyone does that.

I'm either thinking a procedurally generated analogue of the real solar system, with all planets replaced, or replacing the Kerbol system with an entirely different set of planets.

EDIT: Made two more

BefRsEK.jpg

JfmtfJm.jpg

Edited by Xenonclave

These planets are awesome, In my opinion Mios is unique and helps make the Kerbol system less like the Sol system for people like me who don't want the Kerbol system to just be a slightly different scaled down version of our own. And the moons of Eeloo makes Eeloo a more interesting destination, and both of them feel stock-ish. overall good work.

Some suggestions though, first could you make this mod compatible with EVE and scatterer? It'd be nice to see clouds over the oceans of Mios. And could you improve the texture of Alu? Right now it seems a little featureless when seen from Space, although I have yet to view it from the surface, as I've only seen these planets from the tracking station so far. Lastly could you make Eeloo's atmosphere more visible? Right now it's pretty much invisible from space.

As I said before, these are great, thanks for your work developing these mods, looking forward to any other mods you may make.

-Dolphin.

Edited by DolphinDude3

On 3/30/2016 at 6:21 AM, DolphinDude3 said:

These planets are awesome, In my opinion Mios is unique and helps make the Kerbol system less like the Sol system for people like me who don't want the Kerbol system to just be a slightly different scaled down version of our own. And the moons of Eeloo makes Eeloo a more interesting destination, and both of them feel stock-ish. overall good work.

Some suggestions though, first could you make this mod compatible with EVE and scatterer? It'd be nice to see clouds over the oceans of Mios. And could you improve the texture of Alu? Right now it seems a little featureless when seen from Space, although I have yet to view it from the surface, as I've only seen these planets from the tracking station so far. Lastly could you make Eeloo's atmosphere more visible? Right now it's pretty much invisible from space.

As I said before, these are great, thanks for your work developing these mods, looking forward to any other mods you may make.

-Dolphin.

Thanks a lot for the comment!

I'll certainly look into compatibility with EVE and scatterer. Right now I'm sort of updating the textures for all the bodies, starting with Mios, and when I get to Alu I'll certainly try to improve it's surface features. I've been thinking of making Eeloo's atmosphere thicker and more visible. 

On 4/3/2016 at 4:55 PM, Xenonclave said:

One of the first suggestions made for Mios was islands in the oceans, which I've now done (ignore the blue tint I was messing around with the sun)

137EERh.jpg

And here's some gas giants from an upcoming project:

9Po9FXU.jpg

qxW00mj.jpg

yZcxEJZ.jpg

ertDAmB.jpg

ppjS0TP.jpg

fkA0AZr.jpg

Those are really cool. Just a few questions:

1. Is this going to be a new solar system mod?
  2. How did you create the gas giant textures? I want to make better ones for Interstellar Adventure Revived.
  3. What are the codes and PQSMods you used for that greenish, Erin-like moon? 
  4. Is the third planet a gas giant, a gas dwarf, or a titan-like planet?
  5. Will the pink gas giant have moons?
  6. What are the names of the objects?

11 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Those are really cool. Just a few questions:

1. Is this going to be a new solar system mod?
  2. How did you create the gas giant textures? I want to make better ones for Interstellar Adventure Revived.
  3. What are the codes and PQSMods you used for that greenish, Erin-like moon? 
  4. Is the third planet a gas giant, a gas dwarf, or a titan-like planet?
  5. Will the pink gas giant have moons?
  6. What are the names of the objects?

1) Right now it replaces the stock solar system

2) I used Gimp, made a lot of use of the blend tool and the clouds filter. I also used a drawing tablet with it.

3) 

Spoiler

PQS
        {
            Mods
			{
				HeightColorMap
				{
					blend = 1
					order = 3000
					enabled = True
					LandClasses
					{
						Class
						{
							name = Bottom
							color = 0.19,0.14,0.15,1
							altitudeStart = -0.5
							altitudeEnd = 0.5
							lerpToNext = True
							delete = False
						}
						Class
						{
							name = Low1
							color = 0.4780897,0.3033708,0.2078652,1
							altitudeStart = 0.5
							altitudeEnd = 0.85
							lerpToNext = True
							delete = False
						}
						Class
						{
							name = Mid1
							color = 0.7583145,0.6179776,0.3504496,1
							altitudeStart = 0.85
							altitudeEnd = 1.1
							lerpToNext = True
							delete = False
						}
						Class
						{
							name = High1
							color = 1,0.8876405,0.3465168,1
							altitudeStart = 1.1
							altitudeEnd = 1.5
							lerpToNext = False
							delete = False
						}
					}
				}
				VertexSimplexNoiseColor
				{
					blend = 0.5
					colorStart = 0.6606742,0.4269665,0.2977528,0.6348314
					colorEnd = 0.4325843,0.4943819,0.3764045,0.6606742
					frequency = 22
					octaves = 2
					persistence = 0
					seed = 211222
					order = 3001
					enabled = True
				}
				VertexHeightNoise
				{
					deformity = 2200
					frequency = 12
					octaves = 4
					persistence = 2
					seed = 111222
					noiseType = RiggedMultifractal
					mode = Low
					lacunarity = 2.5
					order = 1
					enabled = True
				}
				VertexVoronoi
				{
					deformation = 400
					displacement = 0.01
					enableDistance = True
					frequency = 22
					seed = 21
					order = 100
					enabled = True
				}
				VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute
				{
					name = shape
					deformity = 1500
					frequency = 7
					octaves = 3
					persistence = 1
					seed = 222222
					order = 15
					enabled = True
				}
				VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute
				{
					name = bumps
					deformity = 200
					frequency = 15
					octaves = 3
					persistence = 1
					seed = 666222
					order = 20
					enabled = True
				}
				VertexHeightOffset
				{
					offset = -300
					order = 100
					enabled = True
				}
			}
		}

4) Gas dwarf

5) Yeah, I'm thinking around two. So far I've made five moons for the Saturn-like one and one for the gas dwarf

6) Pink is Bellero, brown is Aruna and yellow is Nurr. The moons are Calli and Illo

Edit:

Added a new mod, adds one planet (Richell) with it's moon (Iber)

Edited by Xenonclave

On 3/28/2016 at 3:07 PM, Xenonclave said:

Made a Iapetus analogue (equatorial ridge) and a random rocky moon. Gave the first one rings because I had a ring texture lying around that I wasn't using yet.

xZutzbj.jpg

iMGDYVS.jpg

I'm going to need to ask your permission for something. See, I was planing a moon for Quijote in Interstellar Revived named Dorotea. It would have ravines, canyons, mountains, a walnut-bulge, dark coloring, and a ring system due to imploding. That first planet is nearly what I wanted Dorotea to look like. Since I don't want to get in trouble with copyright issues*, is it still okay if I use that idea for a moon of Quijote?

*Okay, I'm a bit paranoid,. Deal with it:cool:

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I'm going to need to ask your permission for something. See, I was planing a moon for Quijote in Interstellar Revived named Dorotea. It would have ravines, canyons, mountains, a walnut-bulge, dark coloring, and a ring system due to imploding. That first planet is nearly what I wanted Dorotea to look like. Since I don't want to get in trouble with copyright issues*, is it still okay if I use that idea for a moon of Quijote?

*Okay, I'm a bit paranoid,. Deal with it:cool:

No sweat, go for it!

1 hour ago, NotAgain said:

Does MoE remove or do anything to Gilly?

Nope, Gilly stays as is.

9 hours ago, RA3236 said:

Looking at your mod pages, I am surprised that you don't have more downloads/follows on them. These are truly great!!!

Thank you! :)

21 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Also, what are you going to do with the texture for that walnut-planet-that-looks-like-Dorotea?

Making a pack that replaces all Kerbol bodies with new planets and moons, still needs a few more moons though. As of right now it's a dwarf planet, like Dres.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.