[WIP] Radioactivity - test release 0.1.1 (Sept 7, 2016)

Nertea

Looks very nice. Pretty much exactly what Structural Disks was made for. 

Edit: I looked at the part modules documentation but I am a bit confused. Is there a module that would allow you to make a part good at shielding radiation without lots of mass? 

Edited by Benji13

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Nertea said:

It doesn't currently work in 1.2, mind you. I am trying to finish off some of my other mods so I have time to come back to this, hopefully around 1.3.

Having recently got some stuff to work that hasn't since 0.8, I don't think I'm in a position to criticise any delays. And I needed help for that too. 

Seriously, take your time, no-one's got deadlines for mods 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/29/2017 at 6:50 PM, Nertea said:

It doesn't currently work in 1.2, mind you. I am trying to finish off some of my other mods so I have time to come back to this, hopefully around 1.3.

Hate to revive this thread @Nertea but I wanted to ask if this was still the plan. There still isn't a dedicated mod for simulating radiation in KSP and I honestly think this is one of the few remaining pillars of spaceflight that KSP mods do not model yet to any significant degree.

Edited by ThatOneBritishGuy...

5 hours ago, ThatOneBritishGuy... said:

Hate to revive this thread @Nertea but I wanted to ask if this was still the plan. There still isn't a dedicated mod for simulating radiation in KSP and I honestly think this is one of the few remaining pillars of spaceflight that KSP mods do not model yet to any significant degree.

I have no time to work on any projects at the moment.

6 hours ago, ThatOneBritishGuy... said:

That`s not correct. Kerbalism has radiation with magnetosphere, solar storms...

• 4 months later...

Hey Nert, been poking around in some cfg stuff and stumbled across this "Mods\Kerbal_Atomics-0.4.10\GameData\KerbalAtomics\Patches\KerbalAtomicsRadioactivity" before a search that led me to this lovely older idea and thread.  Buddy I know you have been busy working on other projects but I think this guy has a strong point here.

On 9/14/2017 at 5:19 PM, ThatOneBritishGuy... said:

Now I am going to assume this isn't a simple task and would take tons of additions and alterations to a Sh!t ton of subsystems, but its an Awesome idea for the guys/girls that love the survivability builds. I understand if this isn't something you plan on pursuing now, or maybe ever, but I cant find anymore posts explaining your plan with it.  

Thx Nertea, without your Mods I probably wouldn't keep returning to KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.