[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

29 minutes ago, DECQ said:

Read the previous pages, there was already a similar problem, only before the shuttle was darkened. Perhaps there you will find the answer.

Not know, I'm not good at making patches for RealSolarSystem.

awe well ok, right now ill be grounding my space shuttle fleet until patches are possible including compatibility with real fuels because im using it right now to play in RSS system. 

btw, its still impressive and iva view is legendary, too much buttons to press

8 hours ago, Rigel Kerman said:

Hi @astroranger189, I'm working on an RSS patch right now as the mod is awesome and my 1.2 KSP is built on top of RSS. Still working on it, but got the shuttle into space last night with better thurst and fuel configured. Hoping to get some more time tonight and I can send you a draft.

if yes i appreciate this, if you can get the patches ready i can use the soyuz mod and space shuttle mod all together for a more real game experience

i almost forgot, be sure the patches is also compatible with real fuels, i am using it right now and when the ssme engine requires oxygen, i cant change the load of external tank

@Rigel Kerman You can use my old patches (1.1.3) for the fuel if you like, that was before I used MM patches so I only adjusted the config. 
Those configs where made for hellblazer, the one for the video, he wanted the stock scale of them, so I didn't rescale them.

Al the fuel values are for as far as I know correct. :) 

RSS RO configs DOWNLOAD LINK

Yep, thats possible since the patches where made for 1.1.3 :)

I'm currently running my RSS/RO install on 1.1.3 and haven't downloaded the prerelease from RO for 1.2.2

The way they work if you have a 1.1.3 install and the 1.1.3 files of the mod. If that's the case, you have to overwrite the orginal files. Otherwise you'll create part dubbles.

When RO is updated to the current ksp version. I think I will make another patch for them. This time with MM-files. This mod is to beautiful to not include in RSS/RO.

Thanks to @DECQ!

Edited by DrLicor

39 minutes ago, DECQ said:

It would be nice if you did RO cfg On the current version and included it in the RO list.

i dont know why but RO for 1.2.2 isnt out yet, it would be best some extra thrust and lower fuel consumption so i can reach orbit in real solar system

@astroranger189, RO is in pre-release you can look it up in the github. 

RO also doesn't aim for more thrust etc. It's about the real life stats. The SSME from the shuttle have their correct trusts, ISP, consumption, etc. 

In my old configs the stats are as far as I know the correct fuel amounts and the SSME's have the right thrust. Currently I'm quite busy with another mod. But I think I won't make the MM-files until the new ksp version and RO is updated.. In the progess with Hellblazer, I've done quite some research on the real shuttle, it amounts and balancing. So making the RO-configs won't take long. Pre-release a few days, final balancing a week at most. Depends how busy I'm in real life haha.

If you play RSS without RO, I recommend you just change the thurst vallues and lower the ISP just in the config. :)

@DECQ, yep indeed, if I finish the MM-files, I'll contact someone from the RO group. So they can be added. :)

3 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

RO is in pre-release you can look it up in the github. 

RO also doesn't aim for more thrust etc. It's about the real life stats. The SSME from the shuttle have their correct trusts, ISP, consumption, etc. 

In my old configs the stats are as far as I know the correct fuel amounts and the SSME's have the right thrust. Currently I'm quite busy with another mod. But I think I won't make the MM-files until the new ksp version and RO is updated.. In the progess with Hellblazer, I've done quite some research on the real shuttle, it amounts and balancing. So making the RO-configs won't take long. Pre-release a few days, final balancing a week at most. Depends how busy I'm in real life haha.

If you play RSS without RO, I recommend you just change the thurst vallues and lower the ISP just in the config. :)

thanks for the info though, i just downloaded and installed the pre release, in fact at this time ive been opening KSP and i keep getting new interesting mods so i had no chance to play the game for real.. (aka. anytime i find a mod, the game is loading and i keep closing it)

On 3/28/2017 at 7:43 AM, Slainte Maith said:

Is there a reentry profile for this, or something I'm not building/configuring properly in the hangar?  I'm getting some serious 'wanna-fly-backwards' in the thin upper air upon reentry.

you wanna get your shuttle oriented to prograde or aerodynamic forces pushes your nose up and backwards, but the "wanna-fly-backwards" issue should end within 36000ft or 10000m and you could continue gliding to ksc

On 3/28/2017 at 0:50 AM, slavajda02 said:

Can you upload a newer version of those .craft files? please... the mod is AWESOME tho!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6t15rtnenr2e6k/Space Shuttle Colombia.craft?dl=0

i dont know if DECQ is active right now, but i assembled the space shuttle in ksp -- download the .craft file

MINOR DETAIL: IF YOU USED MY CRAFT FILE INSTALL LATEST VERSION OF SPACEY EXPANDED OR SPACEY HEAVY LIFT AND REMOTE TECH (I BELIEVE PAYLOAD IS INSIDE) TO ENSURE THAT THE BOOSTERS ARE ATTACHED AND NO ERRORS OCCUR, THE ATTACHMENT FOR BOOSTERS USES SPACEY TECH AND THE ANTENNA FOR PAYLOAD MAY CAME FROM REMOTE TECH 

if youre reading this, you've been warned. any errors when loading craft file ensure you HAVE the following mods installed following space shuttle system. if still not working then ask me for help with craft files. thank you for your attention

Edited by astroranger189
Mod dependencies untold

6 hours ago, astroranger189 said:

you wanna get your shuttle oriented to prograde or aerodynamic forces pushes your nose up and backwards, but the "wanna-fly-backwards" issue should end within 36000ft or 10000m and you could continue gliding to ksc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6t15rtnenr2e6k/Space Shuttle Colombia.craft?dl=0

i dont know if DECQ is active right now, but i assembled the space shuttle in ksp -- download the .craft file

Thank you a lot :) I had a problem with the attachers for the boosters ... you know what I mean right? :P

2 hours ago, slavajda02 said:

Why is it so hard to re-enter? my shuttle always starts spinning and falls tail down :(

1. i dont know, perhaps ksp's stock aerodynamics is kinda primitive *no offense*

2. if ferram aerospace research is updated to 1.2.2 you can install that and an easier experience in reentry.

3. from my experience it looks like the reentry flame was so intense on the nose of shuttle so yea, it flip over

4. you know that most command capsules has theyre underside always pointed towards the flames and has different aerodynamics than the shuttle?

It was mentioned somewhere in the thread earlier, but using auto-struts fixes the booster-detachment-at-launch issue.

I did have better luck doing a prograde reentry, although it's not very realistic;  it should be able to handle 40-45 degrees pitch.  Where do you start your burn?  Typically 'The Crater' is a good reentry point, but going straight prograde results in blowing past KSC by many, many km...