[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

@astroranger189, 1.2.x was such a heavy game- and code-changing update. That the RO patches had a lot of work. Also, they had to wait until their depence mods where updated to. For instance, FAR is still not released yet, just a beta.

And with 1.2.9 ans 1.3 around the corner, I think it will take a little while longer. But at least that update is not a complete overhaul of the game and it's mechanic. So it won't be months. :)

On 3/28/2017 at 5:31 PM, astroranger189 said:

i just hope compatibility with RSS and RO is realized

Here's my work in progress for the RO/RSS patch. I've tried to pull real world data where I could find it, and still testing/refining a few things, but could be worth a test run. Thanks @DrLicor for the initial configurations for fuels. 

https://github.com/alpharigel/RealismOverhaul/tree/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/Space_Shuttle_System

I'll post a release of just this directory when I get home later today,

Edited by Rigel Kerman
Thanking Drlicor

8 hours ago, DrLicor said:

@Rigel Kerman, you didn't resize anything did you? Or am I totally missing something haha

Lol, yes I haven't looked into the sizes yet, as I am concerned that may throw off the node attachment points and so should be done a single shot. My goal is to get the power and mass good first, then length and width. 

The pre-release tag has been updated with a Zip containing just the folder to be placed into RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods.

https://github.com/alpharigel/RealismOverhaul/releases/tag/v11.5-pre

Edited by Rigel Kerman
clarification

12 hours ago, Rigel Kerman said:

Here's my work in progress for the RO/RSS patch. I've tried to pull real world data where I could find it, and still testing/refining a few things, but could be worth a test run. Thanks @DrLicor for the initial configurations for fuels. 

https://github.com/alpharigel/RealismOverhaul/tree/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/Space_Shuttle_System

I'll post a release of just this directory when I get home later today,

simple question, how do i download it into my computer, cant seem to see the download button or clone button

i also want to test it out, so i can get my colombia back to space

in my knowledge, the shuttle srb should survive and flameout after 2 minutes. in ksp most of em survive for one minute, so when seperated your shuttle could accelerate so slow that you reenter and crash or you accelerate shallow to the atmostphere

oops, i just realized i had to redownload the whole RO file, keep me updated, i am Realism Enthusiast

Edited by astroranger189
mistaken

@Rigel Kerman , scaling won't have any effects on the nodes of a Part. Normally, the only time it will affect a part file is when it's welded with one or more parts. 
So you can scale them all to 1, since the original scale is 0.64 I believe? However, it will affect the ship file too.. So you have to build yourself a new shuttle, but that not the worst thing.

The problem now is that with a down-scaled shuttle, it's even more a flying brig.. The orginal shuttle has a force of 436,1 kg per m2 when taking of and 274,4 kg per m2 when landing. Which is the upper limit for a plane. Normally it's around the 100-150kg/m2 I believe. When you don't scale everything up to real sizes, the weight also has to be reduced, otherwise the whole balance is gone of the shuttle. 

Hope this helped a bit. :) 

Edited by DrLicor
Oops tagged the wrong person, sorry astroranger :)

25 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

@Rigel Kerman , scaling won't have any effects on the nodes of a Part. Normally, the only time it will affect a part file is when it's welded with one or more parts. 
So you can scale them all to 1, since the original scale is 0.64 I believe? However, it will affect the ship file too..

Depends on how they are scaled...

IIRC:
Using "scale = " INSIDE the MODEL def, scales ONLY the model itself...

Using "rescaleFactor = " OUTSIDE the MODEL def, scales EVERYTHING... (both the model, AND appropriately rescales the attachment nodes)

Using "scale = " OUSTIDE the MODEL def, is only a definition of the metric units used for scaling... ie 1m, 1decimeter, 1centimeter, etc...
Usually, this is used to set the proper scale for what the model ITSELF was scaled in, during its creation in a 3D modelling progarm...So, usually doesnt need to be used, since Squad and most modders use the same 1 unit = 1.25m when modelling parts...

I think i got that all basically correct... :P

Thanks @Stone Blue, looks like a rescale factor of 1/0.64 worked well for the node attachment points as well as bringing the model in-line with real world dimensions.

I cut a new version with this update:

https://github.com/alpharigel/RealismOverhaul/releases

Direct download of the new cfgs. Place in GameData\RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods\ to use.

https://github.com/alpharigel/RealismOverhaul/releases/download/v11.5-pre1/Space_Shuttle_System.zip

Updated:

• Rescale model back to real size
  • Real fuel configs for tanks and engine
  • Thrust and ISP for engines adjusted
  • Mass adjustments for many parts (WIP)

Still have a number of aspects to test, but I was able to get my shuttle to low earth orbit right as the external tank emptied tonight, which was cool.

Edited by Rigel Kerman

On 4/7/2017 at 0:31 PM, Rigel Kerman said:

Thanks @Stone Blue, looks like a rescale factor of 1/0.64 worked well for the node attachment points as well as bringing the model in-line with real world dimensions.

I cut a new version with this update:

https://github.com/alpharigel/RealismOverhaul/releases

Direct download of the new cfgs. Place in GameData\RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods\ to use.

https://github.com/alpharigel/RealismOverhaul/releases/download/v11.5-pre1/Space_Shuttle_System.zip

Updated:

• Rescale model back to real size
  • Real fuel configs for tanks and engine
  • Thrust and ISP for engines adjusted
  • Mass adjustments for many parts (WIP)

Still have a number of aspects to test, but I was able to get my shuttle to low earth orbit right as the external tank emptied tonight, which was cool.

your configs works astounding, i was able to get to space but cant get the RCS to work, so once engines cut out, the crew is officially dead

19 hours ago, Uaessuor said:

Hello, I have a problem with your mod. I do not have the cockpits. They are however in the tree technology but I do not have them in the VAB.

This add-on works only in the sandbox.

21 hours ago, DECQ said:

not true but i believe  something like Communty Tech Tree needs to be installed - for me it works in Career Mode

(or maybe edit of cfg was needed to change TechRequired but i am not sure)

On 4/11/2017 at 9:23 PM, DECQ said:

from my experience, i played in career mode with any type of tech tree, the cockpit are in the VAB list and working fine

DECQ, i suggest you ask Uaesseuor its KSP version and what tech tree he's using, or you can refer to this thread that encourage people to explain problems in more detail -- link:

Hi, I am using rss and ro and ro only works on 1.1.3, is there any chance someone has a link to the 1.1.3 version of this mod. It does not show up on the spacedock changelog page. EDIT: I have managed to update my rss and ro to 1.2.2

Edited by Seanksp

Okay, everything on this shuttle works except for the WINGS. The gear on the wings works fine and the shuttle looks normal, but when I bring up the "aerodynamic overlay, the only thing that shows lift is the Vertical Stabiliser, Meaning the wings don't generate lift! so when I reenter into the atmosphere I flip over and face retrograde in the atmosphere and cant regain control.

The craft file you provided doesn't have enough DV to get into orbit. I mean it has enough, but the three engines don't have enough power have boosters separate. A payload with any weight would be impossible. I'm playing in stock mode. ?

19 hours ago, smckamey19 said:

The craft file you provided doesn't have enough DV to get into orbit. I mean it has enough, but the three engines don't have enough power have boosters separate. A payload with any weight would be impossible. I'm playing in stock mode. ?

Strange, what ascent profile are you using ?

I am able to get this easily into a 150km Pe orbit with some payload, dont know the numbers though

Ok, for dummys like me!

How can i play this shuttle! I downloaded the .zip from the first page and unpack this in my GameData Folder! I only can find the shuttle parts in my game. 

1zuue8.jpg2slu96.jpg

How can i find the craft file for this shuttle? Do i need any other addons? Whats with the RealismOverhaul from Rigel KermanDo i need this? 

Or do i need this from LMRaptor:

Iam very confused with so much information here...

How can i play this shuttle!

Build and fly it.

How can i find the craft file for this shuttle?

There is no craft-file included. You must build it yourself. But it is easy to build.

Do i need any other addons?

No.

Whats with the RealismOverhaul from Rigel KermanDo i need this?

Only when your are using RO.

Or do i need this from LMRaptor:

Only when you use the mentioned Mods and need his patch.