[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

On 4/24/2017 at 3:33 PM, Slainte Maith said:

Career mode?  I'm not seeing them either.

Yeah, im in career mode and there is everything but OMS engines and i think there is no booster decouplers... So in sandbox mode, there is OMS engines?

2 minutes ago, Knezz said:

Yeah, im in career mode and there is everything but OMS engines and i think there is no booster decouplers... So in sandbox mode, there is OMS engines?

I do not know whether he is connected to a career or not...)

16 hours ago, Alex38 said:

Hi guys, 

i've been trying out this amazing mod and i want to thanks the authors for their job (those reflections are just..Woow :o! ) 

However, i got some issues, i'm playing with RO+RSS (and FAR ) and the delta V isn't right, i can lift this baby up to about 20K but not much more. In the VAB i got around 1,300 m/s of delta v.. 

An other issue is when trying to launch with a payload, the all thing just go straight horizontal and then.. ka-boom while i'm crying for the windows reflections to get slammed into the beautiful grass of earth :) 

Anyway !

If someone have the answer, please let me know :) 

I would love to get it to work properly ! I don't even know if it's compatible with RO (i assume it is but i can't find the answer in the first pages ) 

Look at page 19 above @Rigel Kerman link.

On 23.04.2017 at 4:26 PM, Alcentar said:

I got into orbit, just see how a real shuttle does it.

The real shuttle definitely gets higher than 7000m .... And that's my issue... it also is very unstable when launching (I tried to set up mechjeb with RCS on and off, with different settings, and also launch manually, nothing helps....). 7000m is max. AT around 5000m boosters go off, than it just increases altitude slowly, but at ca. 7000m i just can't get it pointed up, it flies horizontal and eventually starts to descend...

So the question is, is there anything special I need to set up to get it into orbit?

Hello all, 

I've updated the RealismOverhaul patch to modify the maxTemps as well. So now the flaming brick does not burn immediately upon re-entry. It still may need some tweaks, as it gets very close to blowing up before the temps slowly start to drop. 

https://github.com/alpharigel/RealismOverhaul/releases/tag/v11.5-pre3

Also, this integrates the TacLS, RemoteTech and MechJeb configs from @Marcelo Silveira, as these are used in RealismOverhaul. Thanks for permission Marcelo!

Space Shuttle System Configs v3

@alpharigel alpharigel released this 11 minutes ago

Pre-release testing of the Realism Overhaul / Real Fuels configs for Space Shuttle Systems.

Please unzip the following directory and place into GameData\RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods\

Let me know how it works for you!

My re-entry procedure still needs a bit of refinement as I'm having difficulty keeping the nose from flipping backwards once it drops below 55km or so, from my re-entry pitch of 33 degrees.

Edited by Rigel Kerman
adding better link, thanking Marcelo

6 hours ago, RevengerXXL said:

I maybe missing something but I just DL this and I can not for the life of me find a way to get fuel to the engines and there are no booster decouplers! any help would be appreciated!

Have a conscience to look for the right detail before writing nonsense ...

Wow, I'm back after about a year and what you have done with the shuttle is very impressive!! all the little details such as a working hatch and the RCS covers make this shuttle so much better!! The only thing I can think of now is a working Canadarm!

I maybe missing something but, I just DL (Downloaded) this. I can not find a way to get fuel to the engines and there are no booster decouplers! Any help would be appreciated! P.S. It would seem your translator did not translate my English well.

Edit: Found I was using the wrong engines. But I still am not able to find a usable booster decoupling device!

Edited by RevengerXXL

46 minutes ago, Voyager1Fan5213 said:

Do you use stock decouplers to detach the two solid boosters? 

I am not using anything to decouple. I can't find the decouplers for this mod. Are there any made for this mod? I will not attempt to launch, until i have an answer to my question! I just like to build proper before I launch. But if there are work around's I am willing to try them.

Edited by RevengerXXL

1 minute ago, RevengerXXL said:

I am not using anything to decouple. I can't find the decouplers for this mod. Are there any made for this mod? I will not attempt to launch, until i have an answer to my question! I just like to build proper before I launch. But if there are work around's I am willing to try them.

I found the decouplers. in the search bar in the part select type in "thiokol" without the quotes and then you should find what looks like a ring with a stick on it

Just now, Voyager1Fan5213 said:

I found the decouplers. in the search bar in the part select type in "thiokol" without the quotes and then you should find what looks like a ring with a stick on it

Thanks, I have tried that and for some reason they are not there. Your answer confirmed that the mod did not install correctly. Cause the part should be there if it did. I will reinstall and let you know! Thanks again!

4 hours ago, RevengerXXL said:

Thanks, I have tried that and for some reason they are not there. Your answer confirmed that the mod did not install correctly. Cause the part should be there if it did. I will reinstall and let you know! Thanks again!

np bro

I've been having a very strange problem. After I downloaded and installed the mod, I went in to see the parts, but only some of the parts would show up. Several parts, such as the command capsules and decouplers, would not show up, while others, like the engines, fuel tanks, and wings, did appear. I have installed and reinstalled it manually and I am using KSP version 1.2.2.1622 64 bit for Windows. If anyone could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I looked at the mod file within the GameData folder and all the necessary items for the missing parts appear to be present, though I'm not sure at this point.

On 5/10/2017 at 3:24 PM, Commander223323 said:

What's op

Nothin' much man...       What's op wit' you?

/hadtosorry

Also - 

Aside from how awesome this mod is in most respects - I have very much trouble controlling the STS during launch.  I have tried with Mechjeb, manual, SAS, and kRPC auto_pilot scripting, and cannot seem to get the shuttle to keep a steady course.  

She appears to over-correct with the shuttle engines, and limiting them only makes the wobble worse.  

Has anyone encountered this and solved it?

Edited by Bosun

Following NASA's descent profile for the Shuttle just leads it to point Retrograde and is uncontrollable or recoverable after that. 

Perhaps the Center of Mass needs to be adjusted?  Currently, it is difficult to fly to orbit 'cleanly' without a lot of heavy manual steering to keep it oriented, and I have not found a descent profile that works to keep the ship oriented correctly in the reentry phase without aerodynamic forces either overheating the hull, or causing it to spin around against the flow.   

Anyone else have success?  I'd love some pointers.   I should mention I'm using RSS for this.

I've had some success using Mechjeb to fix the Pitch at 33 deg (and Yaw, Roll at 0) during the descent down to Mach 10, and then reduce the pitch down as the craft slows. According to this link, the window to pitch it down from 30 deg to 10 deg is relatively short, and I've had trouble hitting it. I'm using my Realism Overhaul patch with the rest of RO/RSS. I've now taken to trying to use Atmospheric Autopilot for dynamic control as the AoA envelope changes.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/pdf/584730main_Wings-ch4d-pgs226-241.pdf

aoa.png

5 hours ago, Rigel Kerman said:

I've had some success using Mechjeb to fix the Pitch at 33 deg (and Yaw, Roll at 0) during the descent down to Mach 10, and then reduce the pitch down as the craft slows. According to this link, the window to pitch it down from 30 deg to 10 deg is relatively short, and I've had trouble hitting it. I'm using my Realism Overhaul patch with the rest of RO/RSS. I've now taken to trying to use Atmospheric Autopilot for dynamic control as the AoA envelope changes.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/pdf/584730main_Wings-ch4d-pgs226-241.pdf

aoa.png

give me the window and ill KOS it