[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

2 hours ago, Keilroy said:

Or could you add any or the MAZ missile erector trucks or any other TEL'S ?

There are two very long term projects,  relating,  but given what I can do with BDA etc, you'll have to believe me when i say they are likely the most tricky things to get right I've done to date. Especially if it needs to be fully functional which like everything in the mod has to be.

IF i add anymore vehicles and the items you mentioned feature as OEM or an option there's a better than even chance that some may arrive, and ultimately it hinges on how much info and decent ref's I find, as some things are not very well documented and research takes a good while,

2 hours ago, EnderTheMimi said:

Thank to every one who is working on these mods and keep up the good work lads  :D

Cheers it's appreciated

and in the true tradition of SM you can look but you can't touch :P a quick demo of what can be built very easily, and all of the vehicles can be mixed and matched and as XOC kindly illustrated look bleepin fantastic

Spoiler

kKiMhgI.gif

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

There are two very long term projects,  relating,  but given what I can do with BDA etc, you'll have to believe me when i say they are likely the most tricky things to get right I've done to date. Especially if it needs to be fully functional which like everything in the mod has to be.

IF i add anymore vehicles and the items you mentioned feature as OEM or an option there's a better than even chance that some may arrive, and ultimately it hinges on how much info and decent ref's I find, as some things are not very well documented and research takes a good while,

Cheers it's appreciated

and in the true tradition of SM you can look but you can't touch :P a quick demo of what can be built very easily, and all of the vehicles can be mixed and matched and as XOC kindly illustrated look bleepin fantastic

Reveal hidden contents

kKiMhgI.gif

So again when can we get our hands on the vehicles your building. Even if it's unfinished and buggy as hell I'd love to use them. Or are you not planning on releasing sm afv until it's finished?

On 5/5/2017 at 8:52 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Cheers it's appreciated

Reveal hidden contents

kKiMhgI.gif

Mimi is exited to "touch" the new mod 

Edited by EnderTheMimi

18 minutes ago, Keilroy said:

So again when

It's very dependent on how things go in the world of Kerbal and BDA 

I haven't actually mentioned it here but on the SM Marine thread, that I'm not going to be doing the 1.29 shuffle.    And  until all the correct I's are dotted and T's are crossed  for the mods 158 parts.  which should start this weekend .  I really can't justify these days knowingly putting buggy, troublesome, glitchy stuff out.  It looks crap and really causes no end of grief to me and the user. 

Which is why pretty much nothing is  released  until the testers, at least two of them pronounce it good.  In case you're wondering without exception the testers are all players who have shown a more than casual interest in how my mods developed and contributed  good, sensible ideas based on the known boundaries or at least what may be possible. ( at the beginning of the year afv's was 3 neglected tanks and junk with no real home, most of whats present is purely due to them asking if it could be ) (and I still have no clue what to do with the airborne afv's )

SO I can't really for sure say, when,  I know when I'd like it to be, it doesn't need to be finished,  It took 3 years to turn Boomsticks into SM Armory, so there's no rush to finish,  but it does need to be as far as possible ready to play.

so in the words of Squad  SOON

Seems like a good time as I have your attention to mention dependencies!!!  that is things you will need installed to get the best out of SM AFV's  . I've avoided this forever but there's just too many things that fit  in the mod  that can't without the other plugins.  

So for the cranes, all of them, and all similar parts forks grabs etc are all without exception powered by Infernal Robotics .   

The winches require KAS and KAS parts connect to them as per a normal KAS winch       The texture switch on most vehicles is done via firespitter and module manager,  so if you don't have firespitter installed it simply will not apply the patch       And it goes without saying, the latest BDA version you can get as my military modding evolves as fast or slowly as BDA does, and some things will simply not function as expected in earlier versions

Cheers

5 hours ago, "Landed.at.Jool" said:

I have a question though. The chassis in this new mod... Is it one or multiple pieces? Does it contain tracks? Is the armour OP? Enlighten us....

Most hulls are one piece, then a one piece turret. Tracks are from kerbal foundries but have a texture @SpannerMonkey(smce)made to look more natural. In the case of the M1A2, the armor pieces are separate, one left and one right.

In the case of the HEMTTs, there are 2 versions. One is a full cab/chassis/bed in one piece. The other has separate parts to build it how you want.

Edited by XOC2008

5 hours ago, "Landed.at.Jool" said:

I have a question though

As XOC has already filled in some of the gaps, i wont repeat.  I will add stuff though,  The M1 has removable add on armor skirts,  the bradley also has variants of skirt armor,  these will fit the other vehicles too. The cage armor is fairly generic and seems quite happy to fit anything, the plate armor can be scaled, and while not truly as happy anywhere as the cage it will protect anything under it . 

Most of the turrets include working smoke dischargers and  a working target scope with pan and tilt

The hulls themselves all come with a basic IVA for two to 4 Kerbs and some also carry a small coax gun.  The later vehicles derive EC power from Internal APU's the tracks use a lot of EC, so you have to start the engine before you can move, no EC no move no defense :)  which does mean that the tanks also carry fuel as well as ammo .  All air intakes etc are already in place, in it's simplest form all tank will work with 4 parts, hull turret and 2x tracks.

The hulls are fully equipped with the BDA controls and no weapon manager is needed, any gun fitted will fall under control of internal WM.  Anti air vehicles air also equipped with radar. 

There are wheels for the trucks in large and small and dual for the trailers,  and spares for them,  there's a good variety of greeble stuff too, extra fuel tanks, steps, Jerry cans, camo packs,  tool sets, exhaust stacks, air intakes , bumpers, a coupe of 5th wheels,

And of course the IR powered robot arm, and the bridge placing set and the IR bridge , there is a purely animated bridge but it can only be placed and picked up from one side.

I don't think there's anything OP about the mod at all , I'd say it's very restrained really, there are a couple of real nasties in the anti air department but only because they are in reality and as weapon mods go i reckon the balance is good 

A KAS winch that looks like it belongs on a truck

DzpKQqk.png

exxHEQS.png

Hi all,

Pleased to announce that SM AFVs beta is here, finally I have enough good info to release this test version.  The purpose of the Beta is simply play testing and perhaps finding the bugs we all missed.

There are a couple of known  issue to tell you about. The Brad turret, the missile deploy phase is critical, a bad AI setting choice can cause the missile to be fired before the missile launcher has properly deployed , which causes the missile to veer off it's intended course and on occasion can destroy the turret.   The Shiika turret has a built in radar with an animated deployment, the AI will trigger the radar regardless of the deploy position, which simply results in the folded radar rotating and clipping through the turret,it does not harm, but does look bad. The hammerhead AT missile which fits on the KUB launcher can encounter clearance issues if mounted to far back, in this case it is safe , unless the missile is visible clipping into the launcher, to disable the clearance check In BDA settings

SO a run down of the major parts,anything marked with kit is 1 folder containing all the parts to that vehicle, and this list does not include the many deco items, such as jerry cans and similar

SM AFV's major  parts list as of May 11 2017

8x8 comprising
1 complete Hemitt truck less wheels and 15 individual parts to construct your own

AFvalpha3rev16_1
A large single part fantasy tank less tracks, with large IVA, dual barreled tank turrets, cameras, crew hatches, and cargo hold engine space

AFVarmorPanels
5 differently sized and shaped BDA Armor panels. Tweakscale fitted

AFVcraneParts
 This is the bridge laying arm unit and is powered by InfernalRobotics, Consisting of an upper and lower arm

AFVutilityARM
 A Robot Arm style crane ,powered by InfernalRobotics, comprising 5 main parts and two styles of tool holder

AmmoBox
 As yet standard military style ammo box. To become universal ammo using tank content switcher

AnimBridgeSecB
 The bridge for the bridge layer. In two formats, animated and IR. Due to engine limitations the animated bridge can only be picked up and placed from one end not both. The IR version can be picked up either end

ArtilleryTurret
 G6 style 155mm Artillery turret

BDFPS
 Contains two Kerbal FPS rocket launchers, effective against small vehicles, an appropriate helmet, and a Kerb held smoke grenade CM . Needs KIS

BradleyIFV
The fully activated Bradley turret with working TOW launcher and Gun turret , smoke CM and camera system, hull with IVA and four parts of self assemble BDA Armor

Challenger2XTurret
A reworked version of the NED challenger with smoke CM and camera

ChallengerHullX
A reworked version of the NED challenger hull, with IVA and mounted coaxial gun

CoDTankHull and Turret
A game inspired tank with large caliber dual cannon turretEland90 Kit
A small armored car carrying a cannon turret

FV510 warrior
 Small IFV hull and turret, IVA, Smoke,Camera

G6SMA
 Wheeled tractor unit for the G6 style artillery turret

GenericTurret
 Allows for the surface mount of any gun and resembles a turret, to enable rotation use IR parts, this turret does not rotate

HDtractorTrailer Kit
 A large vehicle transporter style truck and trailer kit. With an open and closed cab option, works with other truck parts

HRV1 Kit
 Heavy recovery vehicle complete with IR crane, use with KAS winches and equipment

Humvee Kit
 Humvee with grenade turret

KUB2K12 Kit
 Missile transporter launcher  Hull launcher and missiles    Missile3M9  and HammerheadAT

Leopard2A6 Kit
 Tank hull and turret, all the usuall equipment

M1SM1 Tusk Kit
 Tank Hull turret and removable BDA Armor skirts, all features present

M113
 Armored personel carrier,  with room for 8 Kerbs in the rear on cmd seats

M577SMRevE
 The Aliens APC

MilitaryWheel
 Military style vehicle wheels in single and dual trailer type

MilSpecDieselAPU
 A KerbalFoundries powered APU styled as a turbocharged diesel, and used for providing power for those vehicles not already fitted with an APU system (many are)

MissileErektor kit
 A  vertical animated missile launcher assembly for carrying the large included scud style missile, this  missile is capable of following a ballistic trajectory to hit target at test max of 37KM  

OShCab Kit
 A kit of many varied truck parts to build many different trucks, include 2 cabs with IVA's

RecoveryBullBar
 A truck style bumper with a calw function, great for towing broken vehicles
 RecoveryKlawTest
 A large recovery claw in testing

ShilkaZSU Kit
  Tank hull and  very efficient air defense turret, with built in radar

SmartTruckBed
  A universal truck bed with six layout and cover options using a mesh switch

StrikB
 Small APC in three hull formats

T80turret
 although not a kit there are two hulls available for this turret

T90turret
 Tank turret fits T80 hull and others

TunguskaAAMT
 Evil anti air tank turret, fully activated, fires missiles, 2 included 9M120ATmissile  57E6BGM  and quad cannon

M577 wheel
 wheel for aliens apc

WInchPack2Kas
 The KAS truck winch, a winch that does not look like something you would send into space

WInchPaxkBasic
 Not really a winch but a way to add extra adjustable ballast when lifting with the HRV crane

The link which for now is in thread only, later when it is fully released it will be on SpaceDock

Link

j0qOZ8N.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
updted link

AHHH finally .

Dammn dis look's good even it's still in beta :D

But there 2 things that i noticed :

Leopard shots go slow when u shoot low and the Shilka makes too much smoke when it shoot the ground.

Plus the game crashed for me when i first installed the mod which got fixed after i removed NED OST and SM armory .

49 minutes ago, EnderTheMimi said:

AHHH finally .

Hi .  I'll deal with things in order of importance

1 The alleged crash caused by SM NED , in the entire development of the mod, the contents never caused a crash, I find it highly suspect that it should as if by magic, just because it was uploaded,  start to cause crashes. The mod has been tested on 8 very different machines and 2 laptops and not a single crash. With that in mind I have a very real suspicion that you did in fact install both mods incorrectly,  ALL SM mods use the MODEL node method and as such should the mod be installed incorrectly, it could very well cause a crash.

For SM_AFVs the filepath should be KSP/GameData/SM_AFVs   , and for NED it should be KSP/GameData/NED  For OST it should be KSP/GameData/OldSchoolTurrets  , if it's anything else it is wrong.

And that is about the max of support I'm willing to give given the nature of your bug report. For future ref please see the how to get support link in my signature and at least attempt to supply the information as described there.

2 Leopard shots,  not been able to detect any slowdown of shots on two different installs of KSP, with very different mod sets

3 Shiika, and yet when used correctly , for shooting down aircraft and attacking light armored vehicles, it works just fine, FX are a very subjective thing, and the test group found no issue with them, so I think that will stay just as it is  I have to ask why are you shooting the ground?

21 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi .  I'll deal with things in order of importance

1 The alleged crash caused by SM NED , in the entire development of the mod, the contents never caused a crash, I find it highly suspect that it should as if by magic, just because it was uploaded,  start to cause crashes. The mod has been tested on 8 very different machines and 2 laptops and not a single crash. With that in mind I have a very real suspicion that you did in fact install both mods incorrectly,  ALL SM mods use the MODEL node method and as such should the mod be installed incorrectly, it could very well cause a crash.

For SM_AFVs the filepath should be KSP/GameData/SM_AFVs   , and for NED it should be KSP/GameData/NED  For OST it should be KSP/GameData/OldSchoolTurrets  , if it's anything else it is wrong.

And that is about the max of support I'm willing to give given the nature of your bug report. For future ref please see the how to get support link in my signature and at least attempt to supply the information as described there.

2 Leopard shots,  not been able to detect any slowdown of shots on two different installs of KSP, with very different mod sets

3 Shiika, and yet when used correctly , for shooting down aircraft and attacking light armored vehicles, it works just fine, FX are a very subjective thing, and the test group found no issue with them, so I think that will stay just as it is  I have to ask why are you shooting the ground?

1 I think the crash could have being caused by other mods (the GameData folder is full xD)  TOO MUCH MODS I DUNNO WHO DID IT

2 HMM. i think my eyes are damaged , but i try to record that if this toaster laptop can handle it ...NOPE

3 Well who doesn't want to lunch his Shilka from a plane and shoot a plane the chasing him and ending up side down in the mountains .

Edited by EnderTheMimi

7 hours ago, EnderTheMimi said:

1 I think the crash could have being caused by other mods (the GameData folder is full xD)

2 HMM. i think my eyes are damaged , but i try to record that if this toaster laptop can handle it ...

3 Well who doesn't want to lunch his Shilka from a plane and shoot a plane the chasing him and ending up side down in the mountains .

1. Other mods and possible incorrect installation as @SpannerMonkey(smce)said.

2. As one of the testers I've never experienced a slowdown of shots from the Leopard, and I've had these bits for quite some time now, putting them through their paces.

3. I don't want to launch my Shilka from a plane and shoot a chase plane and end upside down in the mountains. I'd rather position my SPAAGs strategically around on the ground and let them shoot at aircraft they detect on radar. Anything else is just uncivilized!

1 hour ago, EnderTheMimi said:

But if die will shooting a plane from the sky using SPAAG you will place your name in history of Kerbin !!

That's fine but if you aren't using it as intended then you can't really call it a bug. :)

1 hour ago, EnderTheMimi said:

you will place your name in history of Kerbin !!

I doubt that,  though it's more than likely however that you'd feature on Kerbin TV's version of "great engineering blunders" or perhaps "the science of stupid":lol:

And more seriously improper use will indeed produce undesirable effects, and it is my wish that these undesirable effects continue to cause inconvenience  and destruction, as over time, this may encourage you to explore the real potential of the supplied parts.

5 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

That's fine but if you aren't using it as intended then you can't really call it a bug. :)

Sounds fair .

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I doubt that,  though it's more than likely however that you'd feature on Kerbin TV's version of "great engineering blunders" or perhaps "the science of stupid":lol:

And more seriously improper use will indeed produce undesirable effects, and it is my wish that these undesirable effects continue to cause inconvenience  and destruction, as over time, this may encourage you to explore the real potential of the supplied parts.

Well , at least i will see my self in the TV.

And as long as theres guns in KSP ,u will never see me using them properly !!!

Edited by EnderTheMimi

Hi all  little fixes for AFV's available below

LINK

Changelog
Fix copypaste errors  parts in wrong categories
Remove OX from jerry cans
Tweak colors on some deco parts
Added parabolic locking radar, the missing part for the AA

@EnderTheMimi The reason for all the smoke in your image is that you are firing 800 explosive rounds per minute at the ground which results in surprisingly enough 800 explosions, which in turn results in a lot of smoke.  I wouldn't have expected any other behavior

ps the almost Ferdinand made me chuckle

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

you are firing 800 explosive rounds per minute

Ahh that why, i was thinking that they were API-T and the smoke was a bug. Oh well , thanks for the information .

(i dunno if its jagdpather or ferdinand or a hetzer, but atleast it bounces shots (explodes of over heating))

HI all, little tweaks for SM AFV's , mainly to solve the chaos caused by having several dozen irons in too few fires.  This small update deals mainly with armor and bullet values, and paves the way for some other improvements.   Apologies to those who suffered the phantom shell syndrome, this update should fix that issue

LINK

PS almost forgot, there's this