[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 hour ago, Lvdovicvs said:

M270 MLRS chasis.

Hi, as mentioned I'm sure there's already one out there, but even if there isn't I can't say i find any of the designs appealing enough to want to add one, at best they're generally fugly and at worst they look so wrong. I'm always open to the right kind of persuasion, Though it would have to be considerably better looking than anything i've seen so far.

45 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, as mentioned I'm sure there's already one out there, but even if there isn't I can't say i find any of the designs appealing enough to want to add one, at best they're generally fugly and at worst they look so wrong. I'm always open to the right kind of persuasion, Though it would have to be considerably better looking than anything i've seen so far.

I've found you can make a more-than-halfway decent M270 by using the HEMTT cab, short chassis piece, KF tracks, and the NKD MLRS launcher. 

Edited by XOC2008

2 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Especially since there is an MLRS launcher in.. uh.. NKD I think.

I was talking only about the m270 chassis without the launcher. The M270 is based on the M993 Carrier Vehicle witch btw is a derivative of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle chassis.

Edited by Lvdovicvs

1 minute ago, Lvdovicvs said:

I was talking only about the m270 chassis without the launcher. The M270 is based on the M993 Carrier Vehicle witch btw is a derivative of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle chassis.

See my most recent reply about HEMTT cab, short chassis, and KF tracks.

I'm having this issue with the Humvee. There is a "wall" arround the humvee's doors that make impossible to board it.

Spoiler

giLlWbg.pngnGVNrLX.png

Edited by Riurik

Many thanks. I'll let you know if I encounter any other bugs. I love your mods, I have not leave the atmosphere for a while.

Edited by Riurik

I know you said the MLRS look ugly But it was something that I worked on in the army and would REALLY love to see a model of it made. I know they are fugly But they bring back so many memories. Like the time i got to program and fire off a full 12 pack of rockets at White sands new mexico during a live fire. Now that might not sound like a lot BUUUT for a MLRS Repairmen that doesn't drive or fire one it was a LOT!  

15 minutes ago, Damaske said:

I know they are fugly But they bring back so many memories.

In reality the fulgy i could live with, I love the HRV and that's about as fugly as it gets.  I will say that the vehicle in question has moved from the  NFW list to the possibly maybe, as the turret is quite interesting form a mod makers point of view,

Customer service announcement.

1.3 is upon us, and as I suspected it's not going to be plain sailing for many many mods.  I have already acquainted myself with the mods that are required for  ALL my mods to function correctly and completely,  and if they will run in 1.3 and so far it is a complete fail by everything.  

With that in mind you should not be  overly surprised then, that for the next few weeks at least, if you want to use SM products, you will have no option but to stick with 1.2 .

I will NOT be making any updates for 1.3 until at least the core mods/plugins  are available, and as mods become updated and compatible i will start to update all the SM mods

I'm sorry for any disappointment this may cause but ultimately it is a better option the broken mods and buggy gameplay.

On a more positive note as I cant see that  5% of the core plugins will be ready next week,  so  there will continue to be enhancements updates and fixes to SM AFV's there's a couple of new items and  lots of cfg changes  in SM Armory etc etc, and we've not even mentioned the aviation side to AFV's , so for us at least plenty of life left in 1.22

Cheers

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Hi all  in preparation for upgrading every turret, not just the few already done, to the latest BDA spec I am creating a go to ammo mod for all SM products,(1)  UniversalAmmunition.    This work was intended to go into a CAL version,  however that particular collaboration isn't working.   It is quite important to get this done asap.

The purpose of the changes is to allow SM products to interact and utilize all BDA features to the fullest(2) .  The changes also allow for similar caliber shells to perform very differently,  so a 30x152 will behave differently than a 30x176 , it is also  possible to configure (with care) HE and AP types by creating an appropriate penetration curve,

The mod will consist of ammo definitions and bullet penetration curves, the bullet types derived from this will then be fed into all SM turrets in the form of BulletType = XXXXXBullet . 

AS far as is possible all data included is based from official data on the ammo type,  this data usually comprises a maximum penetration at X distance , however to write a penetration curve we need to extrapolate penetration values from zero to max range. Currently I'm using the mumech float curve editor  in order to develop the rest of the curve, and plotting the values there to cfg.  While not perfect it has worked out quite well so far .

The next update for AFV's will be tied to the UA (UniversalAmmunition) and all turrets will have tested and defined bullet types and penetration curves. 

Work on converting the 100 or so turrets in SMA has also started and I would like to push that to 1.3 as soon as BDAc is 1.3 ready ( which it was not last night)

Cheers

(1) not just SM btw,  curves will eventually be developed for every available ammo type,  UA already carries every known to KSP ammo type . SO can replace CAL completely should you have it installed.

(2) primarily bullet  penetration and type, though newly developed missiles are currently fully exploiting new BDA advances

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, AtleSt said:

the  palm trees in your pictures, how?

I'm a big fan and user of KK and prolific maker of unreleased mods and parts ,  and the trees and a lot of the stuff in my pics are just that, things made over quite a long modding career that have nowhere to go except my games.

2 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'm a big fan and user of KK and prolific maker of unreleased mods and parts ,  and the trees and a lot of the stuff in my pics are just that, things made over quite a long modding career that have nowhere to go except my games.

why not release some of it?

4 minutes ago, AtleSt said:

why not release some of it?

A question of practicality and how much can one person do in X amount of time, given that almost everything released will at some time need some kind of support .

Right now I'm looking at, if you include the under management mods also, well in excess of a 1000 parts, I know this because we are trying to get our respective heads around how to localize that lot.

I have no idea how many parts in the static pack linked in my sig below but that's likely over 100 models too.  Add to that the long list of things in development it's simply just too much work. 

I've given in on some things, like the AFV's i shared them with my testers as dev toys,  and been cajoled into making a proper mod out of them, at the beginning of the year it was a few mismatched vehicles with no real home and now it's over 100 parts. But enough is enough, I'm happy with things the way they are (mostly) and I'd need a lot more bodies to even consider adding more , even it is only two dozen trees

jiTfTvL.png

Hey Spanner I want to thank you for all the great mods you've made and the updating you've done for the many other mods I use but I'm a bit confused with OST. It says that OST has a tiger haul and sherman turret and haul but when I downloaded it and looked at the parts I saw no sheman haul and turret and a slight lack of a tiger haul. Keep up with the great work!

3 hours ago, coyotepunk05 said:

Hey Spanner I want to thank you for all the great mods you've made and the updating you've done for the many other mods I use but I'm a bit confused with OST. It says that OST has a tiger haul and sherman turret and haul but when I downloaded it and looked at the parts I saw no sheman haul and turret and a slight lack of a tiger haul. Keep up with the great work!

HI the OST and T overhaul for Old school turrets is a little  long way behind schedule, so at present he mod still only contains the original parts.  The recent compatability update was nothing more than a version bump as noted on the SpaceDock page, as all weapon mods (that don't use extra dlls) work just fine in 1.3

The Tiger hull and Sherman hull and turret and the IS122 hull and turret are definitely being added though.  have no fear on that score.  

We''re currently working on a very annoying BDA bug that potentially affects every vessel carrying BDA modules, and for obvious reasons this has slowed the whole update and overhaul process for all the weapon based mods.

Thanks for your interest and I do hope to get this all sorted soon.

jh1EP0Q.png?1

45 minutes ago, JediRangerkendor said:

oh my god, PLEASE get the link for the 1.2.2 version of the AFV Beta working again! I have never wanted to try a mod so bad then i do right now. 

HI, i very much appreciate your enthusiasm, given the amount of behind the scenes effort that's going on right now.  With luck, and some semblance of sanity remaining the team and I will be releasing almost everything sometime very soon. I hope it's soon i really do, can't do anything else till 8 updates are done, so just like buses they'll all turn up around the same time

Random militaristic image

o4kpzlj.png