[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

I wonder, is there a way to get automatically delete all the notifications / records / world's first messages that happen while in a KRASH sim?

When exiting the sim and starting the launch properly, everything reverts back to normal, but the messages in the notification window stay and thus one often needs to delete a couple of "Heaviest Launch achieved!" messages, especially early on in the career.

I haven't seen this mentioned before in this thread, but could it be possible that completing contracts in KRASH breaks them for the main game, @linuxgurugamer?

I have had issues with parts and altitudes in contracts not being recognized and was trying to narrow it down, when this session I noticed something:

Constructed vessel in editor, started KRASH and fulfilled a contract(in this case: achieved altitude 290.000 - 300.000), stopped simulation, went back to the editor, built vessel in KCT, launched it, but suddenly the very same contract seems broken (i.d. altitude 290.000 - 300.000 is not being recognized anymore).

Maybe my log helps to narrow down that issue. Has anyone ever reported something like this before?

• 1 month later...

Problem: a lander, that got connection from its baseship, has no commnet connection and no control on testing separately.
Solution: go to Settings/Basic and disable "Enable Comm Network". After reverting to VAB, the changed setting reverts to normal.

Feature request: have this option on KRASH GUI in VAB or in the settings, so there would be no need to change the settings on every test launch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
On 2/8/2024 at 11:02 AM, Ker Ball One said:

Anyone else missing the RESTART SIMULATION button option in the ESC menu?  I've got the other buttons, but just missing that one.  I'm running in Career Mode.

Log file, please

On 2/10/2024 at 4:45 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Log file, please

Log Files:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/yviwmfgad2ec429vlzlfs/KSP_Ker_Ball_One_Logs.zip?rlkey=x5nl59lqtvv6hzayxk9og0aco&dl=0

MCacbEs.png

While you're looking, I thought I'd also mention a frequent, but not always bug.  Might be related to previous bugs regarding warp causing issues with orbits.
If I launch to an orbit instead of KSC launchpad, after some time and multiple switching vessels... the switched to vessel will cause it to teleport to a different orbit, such as the orbit from the simulation start.

Edited by Ker Ball One

On 2/8/2024 at 11:02 AM, Ker Ball One said:

Anyone else missing the RESTART SIMULATION button option in the ESC menu?  I've got the other buttons, but just missing that one.  I'm running in Career Mode.

There are some instances when the simulation can't be restarted, I'm wondering if you are running into one of those

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There are some instances when the simulation can't be restarted, I'm wondering if you are running into one of those

I can sometimes get the Restart Simulation button after the vessel is destroyed.

What are the conditions that I should expect?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 8:27 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I can see line: 877 of KRASH's FlightModule.cs
if (FlightDriver.CanRevertToPostInit) ... GUILayout.Button(LocalizationCache.Button_RestartSimulation/*, _guiSkin.button*/)) // "<color=orange>Restart Simulation</color>"

So this button/option is dependent on KSP's built in FlightDriver, which makes the determination if I can revert or not.  I guess this would be the equivalent of the greyed out "Revert Flight" button in a non-sim flight.

I have my Game Difficulty settings to allow flight revert.  And when my craft is fully built and rolled out (KCT), and I launch from KSC LaunchPad.... I CAN REVERT just fine.   But something about launching a test flight in KRASH Sim maybe changes my initial conditions (like being out of atmo, having switched unloaded vessels from the Map, etc.)

Does KRASH do anything when starting that the FlightDriver might consider unrevertable?  Even when I don't touch the settings to launch somewhere other than the KSC Launchpad?

Edited by Ker Ball One

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 8:27 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I was able to track this down.  It wasn't the vessel's state in FlightDriver that told KRASH that it was ineligible for reverting.  I confirmed by changing line 877 of KRASH's FlightModule.cs to always be "true", but it didn't change the pause menu.

It was some kind of conflict with a mod called, "SOS (Save Our Settings)".  I think SOS makes changes to the pause menu that is messing with KRASH's changes.

19 minutes ago, Ker Ball One said:

I was able to track this down.  It wasn't the vessel's state in FlightDriver that told KRASH that it was ineligible for reverting.  I confirmed by changing line 877 of KRASH's FlightModule.cs to always be "true", but it didn't change the pause menu.

It was some kind of conflict with a mod called, "SOS (Save Our Settings)".  I think SOS makes changes to the pause menu that is messing with KRASH's changes.

Could be, at the level that both those mods work, conflicts can very easily arise

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Could be, at the level that both those mods work, conflicts can very easily arise

Hmm... well SOS source code shows that there are a few files and references to KRASH. 
https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SOS/blob/master/SOS/KRASHWrapper.cs

It also has a REFERENCE Include for the KRASH.dll so it appears SOS is meant to be aware of KRASH and probably not interfere.  But it does interfere so I'm looking if its an easy fix.

UPDATE:

Looks to be an easy fix.  Appears that although there are several checks to ensure that reverting a flight is only available if the game engine allows it... There was a check for KRASH simulation that simply ignored the further checks and created it's own pause menu without the revert button or checks.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SOS/issues/2 / https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SOS/pull/3

Edited by Ker Ball One