[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't see any NAN errors, but I see a large number of NullReferenceExceptions (NRE), starting at line 36101

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SpaceCenterBuildingCollider.OnMouseExit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>: 
UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
UnityEngine.HitInfo:SendMessage(String)
UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:SendEvents(Int32, HitInfo)
UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:DoSendMouseEvents(Int32)

the flight scene wasn't even entered the first time until line 38173

I'll take a look, but frankly, you have too many mods (>100) installed for me to get anything worthwhile out of the log file.

If you feel it's RSS, please create a new install, and only install RSS and KRASH and see if it happens.  If it doesn't, then you may have a problem with another mod interacting with everything.

Let me know the results of your tests

LGG

OK, this will be very helpful in figuring this out.

Thanks

LGG

This (and rest of logs) are completely irrelevant, see my last edit in all capslock - I found bug in Unity.

Teleporting to any coords, that isn't 0 latitude or 0 longtitude works fine - simulation goes forward.

When teleport destination of longtitude is 0 or latitude is 0, then simulation freezes.

These NRE's going around don't harm gameplay - these are coming from outdated mods one on 1.0.5, that doesn't work at all, and several ones from 1.1

Also I installed and then removed scansat from game - it could be cause of some more NRE's

Edited by raxo2222

59 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

EDIT: I FOUND CAUSE OF BUG!!!!!!!!!

APPARENTLY ONE SIMPLY DOESN'T USE DEFAULT 0 LONGITUDE 0 LATITUDE COORDINATES IN LANDED SIMULATION - THAT MEANS YOU SHOULD FORBID TELEPORT ON THESE COORDS OR AT LEAST USE SOMETHING LIKE 0.001, 0,001 >.>

It seems like Unity melts down, when teleporting into 0 latitude or 0 longitude.

Wow!

Thank you for finding this.  I'll put in a fix and release it later this evening.

One question:  What if one was 0, and the other non-zero, would that work?

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Wow!

Thank you for finding this.  I'll put in a fix and release it later this evening.

One question:  What if one was 0, and the other non-zero, would that work?

If one is 0 and other is not, then game still bugs out.

26 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

OK, this will be very helpful in figuring this out.  But when I looked at the file, I saw more than 200 mods there.  Any chance you could do that minimal install again?

Thanks

LGG

Sure, might be a few though.

3 hours ago, SpacedInvader said:

Sure, might be a few though.

When you do, please do NOT have SETI installed.  The craft file you sent me is using some SETI parts, and from what I read in the SETI thread, while the mods "should" work in 1.1.2, he did not recompile for 1.1.2.

17 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

When you do, please do NOT have SETI installed.  The craft file you sent me is using some SETI parts, and from what I read in the SETI thread, while the mods "should" work in 1.1.2, he did not recompile for 1.1.2.

I will have just TST and KRASH in for that install. I will say though that I use SETI parts (specifically the procedural probe core, but others as well) on literally every probe I launch and don't have the problem with SETI parts.

Well... similar to your experience, an ultra minimal install with just KRASH, TST, and MM, worked just fine. I guess this means its a mod conflict somewhere, but it will take me some time to go through my mod list to figure out exactly what, or combination of whats, is causing it. That said, I know its not solely SETI, as the first thing I did after testing bare-bones was to add SETI back in and test again, and its still working just fine, so the problem is elsewhere.

53 minutes ago, SpacedInvader said:

Well... similar to your experience, an ultra minimal install with just KRASH, TST, and MM, worked just fine. I guess this means its a mod conflict somewhere, but it will take me some time to go through my mod list to figure out exactly what, or combination of whats, is causing it. That said, I know its not solely SETI, as the first thing I did after testing bare-bones was to add SETI back in and test again, and its still working just fine, so the problem is elsewhere.

Ok, thanks.

Once you can get me a list of stuff which fails, i can try to figure it out.

When you do, please zip up your entire GameData and saves directory and upload them for me, this way I'll be able to test using the same install you are using.

Thanks

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, thanks.

Once you can get me a list of stuff which fails, i can try to figure it out.

When you do, please zip up your entire GameData and saves directory and upload them for me, this way I'll be able to test using the same install you are using.

Thanks

Not sure that's going to be feasible... GameData alone is almost 8GB, and I'm not sure how much I'll be able to compress it.

2 minutes ago, SpacedInvader said:

Not sure that's going to be feasible... GameData alone is almost 8GB, and I'm not sure how much I'll be able to compress it.

Well, it may compress more than you think.  Use 7zip to do the compression

But, that is your complete game, all I want is the test install which should have the minimal number of mods needed to cause the error.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, it may compress more than you think.  Use 7zip to do the compression

But, that is your complete game, all I want is the test install which should have the minimal number of mods needed to cause the error.

Ah, I see what you're asking now. Yeah, I can do that, though I doubt I'll get it figured out for at least a day or so. Will keep you posted.

7koJwyM.jpg?1

Minor issue: Remote Tech likes to sit on top of your SIM COSTS display. Problem is the RT display portion doesn't scale with the UI either, or stick to the MET/Warp Meter, it just sits there dumbly and won't move.

Maybe MOD+Click and drag to relocate or something? Better to let the user pick the location in my opinion than to continually have to guess about unused real estate, as I have a number of other HUDs taking up space. (Although not sure how hard that is from a coding perspective.) My .02 cents.

Cheers.

edit: and sim costs don't disappear on hiding the UI.

edit 2: anyway to have it not immediately terminate on vessel destruction? It doesn't respect option to revert to launch, although maybe that's intentional. Because I crash a lot in sims!

Edited by Deimos Rast

3 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

7koJwyM.jpg?1

Minor issue: Remote Tech likes to sit on top of your SIM COSTS display. Problem is the RT display portion doesn't scale with the UI either, or stick to the MET/Warp Meter, it just sits there dumbly and won't move.

Maybe MOD+Click and drag to relocate or something? Better to let the user pick the location in my opinion than to continually have to guess about unused real estate, as I have a number of other HUDs taking up space. (Although not sure how hard that is from a coding perspective.) My .02 cents.

Click and drag is not simple, which is why I provide the ability to position it in the config.  I realize it's not convenient, but have other things to do.  

edit: and sim costs don't disappear on hiding the UI

I'll fix that, easy to do, thanks.

edit 2: anyway to have it not immediately terminate on vessel destruction? It doesn't respect option to revert to launch, although maybe that's intentional. Because I crash a lot in sims!

You must be in career mode, because it doesn't work that way in sandbox.  It shouldn't be doing that, I'll get it fixed as well.

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's fine, I have other stuff to work on.

LGG

I just released a new version which may fix your problem.  Get it from Github and try it.

There are two releases:  0.5.5 and 0.5.6

0.5.5 does NOT have the fix for this, 0.5.6 does.  So, use the 0.5.5 to replicate the problem, then use 0.5.6 to see if that fixes it.

Thanks to @JPLRepo for taking a look and identifying an area of interest;  he is looking into his mod because apparently there might be a problem with that which this exposed.

LGG

Edited by linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just released a new version which may fix your problem.  Get it from Github and try it.

There are two releases:  0.5.5 and 0.5.6

0.5.5 does NOT have the fix for this, 0.5.6 does.  So, use the 0.5.5 to replicate the problem, then use 0.5.6 to see if that fixes it.

Thanks to @JPLRepo for taking a look and identifying an area of interest;  he is looking into his mod because apparently there might be a problem with that which this exposed.

LGG

0.5.6 did indeed fix the issue and I was able to sim without issue after installing TST into my main install. Do you still want me to try to isolate the mod conflict?

10 minutes ago, SpacedInvader said:

0.5.6 did indeed fix the issue and I was able to sim without issue after installing TST into my main install. Do you still want me to try to isolate the mod conflict?

It would be nice, but not urgent anymore.  If it was the TST causing the problem, I'd like to tell @JPLRepo about it.

Glad 0.5.6 fixed it.

Hey, got a slight issue with the latest build throwing constant exceptions.

I've tested it on a clean install of KSP with only MM,Krash and exception detector installed.

Just build a craft with a mk one pod and hit the simulation, once it loads up the exceptions start.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26687/output_logKRash.txt

Thanks

about a billion of these errors in ksp.log:

[EXC 17:24:33.477] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KRASH.Hyperedit.OrbitEditor.Simple (.OrbitDriver currentlyEditing, Double altitude, .CelestialBody body)
	KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.DrawGUI ()
	KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.OnGUI ()
[EXC 17:24:33.526] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KSP.UI.Screens.AltimeterSliderButtons.LateUpdate ()

In addition, the most recent version got me stuck in simulation mode even though I'd built the craft through KCT and launched it, not simulated. I was unable to quicksave /  load and upon landing, was unable to recover. The escape menu was KRASH's and I had to revert back to the VAB to get out of the situation. As usual I will have to see if this is a mod conflict or something specifically related to KRASH... will report as soon as I have more info.

Edited by SpacedInvader

2 hours ago, SpacedInvader said:

In addition, the most recent version got me stuck in simulation mode even though I'd built the craft through KCT and launched it, not simulated. I was unable to quicksave /  load and upon landing, was unable to recover. The escape menu was KRASH's and I had to revert back to the VAB to get out of the situation. As usual I will have to see if this is a mod conflict or something specifically related to KRASH... will report as soon as I have more info.

I suspect you had a leftover from an earlier instance. 

Edit your save file, look for something like this:

SCENARIO
	{
		name = KRASHPersistent
		scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
		shelterSimulationActive = True
		selectedCostsCfg = * Normal

and delete it.

The following dll fixes the exceptions seen by @Torih:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/y77x1zfhpzrq4l3/krashdll.zip?dl=0

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I suspect you had a leftover from an earlier instance. 

Edit your save file, look for something like this:

SCENARIO
	{
		name = KRASHPersistent
		scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
		shelterSimulationActive = True
		selectedCostsCfg = * Normal

and delete it.

The following dll fixes the exceptions seen by @Torih:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/y77x1zfhpzrq4l3/krashdll.zip?dl=0

Also  @speedwaystar's issue will be fixed as well, it's the same thing

3 hours ago, speedwaystar said:

about a billion of these errors in ksp.log:

[EXC 17:24:33.477] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KRASH.Hyperedit.OrbitEditor.Simple (.OrbitDriver currentlyEditing, Double altitude, .CelestialBody body)
	KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.DrawGUI ()
	KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.OnGUI ()
[EXC 17:24:33.526] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KSP.UI.Screens.AltimeterSliderButtons.LateUpdate ()

The dll I posted will fix the second issue, but I'm not sure about the first.  Please let me know

@linuxgurugamer, testing the DLL now on my regular install. I did change shelterSimulationActive from false to true in my persistent file, what does that do exactly?

The changes are apparently working, as I was able to sim and exit as well as launch and exit normally. I'm also not seeing any NRE's related to KRASH (they were there last night, but I was frustrated from my experience and didn't think to upload them). Curious if you can suggest any specific action that might have caused the issue previously so that I can test it out.