[1.0.5] DraggableMenu - no more menu hiding off-screen, ever! Now automated. (v1.1) Mar 03/16

KvaNTy

GMfBq7T.png

You play with low resolution?
You have heavily modded KSP?
You often hit the wrong button during EVA because part's menu is constantly moving?
You often get in trouble in the most inappropriate moment when you right-click on part but most portion of its menu hides off-screen so you have to zoom out and rotate camera to actually see it's bottom and all of buttons?

If yes then worry no more because Troiden Industries are proud to present you DraggableMenu.

With this small mod you won't ever have such problems.

Features:

1. Automatically rises menu if it gets off-screen.
  2. Freezes menu position when mouse is over it.
  3. Allows you to move any menu around your screen by Alt+Click, both in Flight and Editor.

How to move menu:

1. Press your ModifierKey(Alt by default) and drag the menu anywhere on your screen and it will stay there(regardless of what buttons you press after) until you close it.
  2. Then you can close it the same way you usually close any other menu: either by right-clicking(without Alt pressed) on any part or by right-clicking on empty space between your ship and other windows.

This mod is based on famous lifesaving MenuStabilizer written by comrade Alexander Gavrilov aka @a.g. and includes all of its features.

Compatibility: It is not recommended to install both MenuStabilizer and DraggableMenu because they will fight for control of same things what can lead to fitful menu movements.

Download:
    SpaceDock
    Curse
    GitHub //Coming soon.

Installation: Extract the .zip into your KSP directory and overwrite if asked.

License: MIT

Changelog:

Spoiler

1.1 - 03.03.16:    Added automated menu lifting.
                                  Added KSP-AVC support(including MiniAVC).
                                  Couple of small optimizations.

1.0 - 29.02.16:    Initial release.

Feel free to post your comments, suggestions and of couse bug reports, but don't forget to include your KSP.log.

Edited by KvaNTy
Changelog

And god was kind and gave his people drag.

Resulting in a few pained backs, some missing women clothes and a lot less frustration while playing KSP.

Edit: Thought KSP was done loading in the background, so no harm in dropping this mod in, unfortunately that was not true, ended up with ModManager crashing and saving a corrupted cache, that it then loaded and promptly resulted in all my ships getting erased as I loaded my save. Draggable Menu now with world destroying powers.

Edited by Miravlix

5 hours ago, Miravlix said:

And god was kind and gave his people drag.

Resulting in a few pained backs, some missing women clothes and a lot less frustration while playing KSP.

Edit: Thought KSP was done loading in the background, so no harm in dropping this mod in, unfortunately that was not true, ended up with ModManager crashing and saving a corrupted cache, that it then loaded and promptly resulted in all my ships getting erased as I loaded my save. Draggable Menu now with world destroying powers.

DraggableMenu does not depend on ModuleManange or any other mod and is loaded only when you enter flight/editor scene.
Are you sure you haven't done anything else world-braking with you install while watching oscar awards in background(probably)? :)
If this can be reproduced then I would like to take a look on your logs.

16 minutes ago, KvaNTy said:

DraggableMenu does not depend on ModuleManange or any other mod and is loaded only when you enter flight/editor scene.
Are you sure you haven't done anything else world-braking with you install while watching oscar awards in background(probably)? :)
If this can be reproduced then I would like to take a look on your logs.

It's a series of coincidences used together to create a false logic joke.

1: You created a great new mod.

2: I found out about it just as I was loading KSP in the background, falsely assuming it was done so it would be okay to drop a new mod into the game folder.

3: Unfortunately KSP wasn't done and for whatever reason that lead to KSP crashing and ModuleManager creating a corrupted cache.

4: When I restarted KSP MM loaded the corrupt cache, resulting in all my vessels in game getting erased (Missing stuff, because mods wasn't loaded correctly).

So my game world was destroyed, due to you creating a mod. False Logic Joke...

8 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

It's a series of coincidences used together to create a false logic joke.

1: You created a great new mod.

2: I found out about it just as I was loading KSP in the background, falsely assuming it was done so it would be okay to drop a new mod into the game folder.

3: Unfortunately KSP wasn't done and for whatever reason that lead to KSP crashing and ModuleManager creating a corrupted cache.

4: When I restarted KSP MM loaded the corrupt cache, resulting in all my vessels in game getting erased (Missing stuff, because mods wasn't loaded correctly).

So my game world was destroyed, due to you creating a mod. False Logic Joke...

Well, you shoulda check this one, a least as soon as @Nereid upload it on SpaceDock.

16 minutes ago, hab136 said:

Looks awesome, can't wait to try it.

How do you close the pinned menus?  The "Usage" section doesn't say.

The same way you usually close any menu: either by right-clicking(without Alt pressed) on any part or by right-clicking on empty space(between your ship and other windows).

Update time!
From now on Draggable Menu will automatically lift any menu which goes off-screen. You don't even have to press anything.
Can't figure out why I didn't come up to this idea earlier. It had to be obvious.
Also added KSP-AVC support(including MiniAVC).

SpaceDock
    Curse
    GitHub //still have some issues with it.

I have a strange issue in VAB with this mod enabled. If the context menu in VAB was dragged or pushed by the screen's edge the contents of the menu freeze and become unclickable. The issue is not present in flight.

Edited by Enceos

20 hours ago, Enceos said:

I have a strange issue in VAB with this mod enabled. If the context menu in VAB was dragged or pushed by the screen's edge the contents of the menu freeze and become unclickable. The issue is not present in flight.

Just dragged? This happens every time?
I can't reproduce it. Show your logs.

On 10.03.2016 at 6:38 AM, KvaNTy said:

Just dragged? This happens every time?
I can't reproduce it. Show your logs.

I tested it without other mods, the problem is not present. Looks like a wierd mod interaction causes this.

Here's the output_log

Edited by Enceos

On 12.03.2016 at 3:21 PM, Enceos said:

I tested it without other mods, the problem is not present. Looks like a wierd mod interaction causes this.

Here's the output_log

I've tested most of your mods. Here are some I had no time to touch yet:

Spoiler

AquilaEnterprises\Bulb\Plugin\Bulb.dll
BahaSP\Parts\critterCrawler\CritterCrawler.dll
CameraTools
CryoEngines
DefaultActionGroups
DeployableEngines
EngineerLevelFixer
FlagRotate
FreeEVA
HaystackContinued
HyperEdit
OLDD\DockingCam\KSPCamera.dll
PartCommander
RKE_Joystick
StockClamshellFairings
WildBlueIndustries Pathfinder

If you can check if this issue appear without them it will help.

@KvaNTy I tested your list of mods but the problem didn't appear. Took some time to sift out the culprit. Damn, took me 10 KSP reloads because the mod with cockroach inside was near the end of the alphabet. The culprit turned out to be the WASD Editor Camera. When WASD is installed the freezing context menu issue appears even if the WASD is off, in default "orbit" mode.

WASD is kinda crucial for me, I got used to building rockets in "free move" mode. It's unfortunate that it breaks the functionality of your mod.

Edited by Enceos

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.