Jupiter Star SSTO 45 Ton Payload

Vaos Human

Pretty cool bird! I am glad that my TWR comments (and those of others, by the sound of it) sunk in. :)

I haven't tried it myself, but it does look quite similar to my heaviest bird (and workhorse of the fleet), the Claymore. Same powerplant, same payload, slightly bigger bay and a few crewmembers bolted on top (I'm usually volume-limited, and an engineer on hand to help with KAS-related stuff is useful). So I can very comfortably say: "it's almost exactly what I would have done". Ok, maybe the wings have low temp. rating, but other than that...

Rune.  BTW, that is totally intended as a compliment.

Edited by Rune

Welcome to the forums! :)

Nice to see you posting here, Vaos.

The latest iteration of your Jupiter Star is truly amazing. Awesome looking craft that are efficient too are not seen often. Well done!

@Vaos Human I am incredibly impressed at not only the Jupiter Star, but that video as well.  The camera shots were well crafted, the music was great (the new Star Trek :)), and the voice-over description was really interesting of how the evolution of this spaceplane has progressed.  At the risk of repeating some of the previous replies, you should post in the forums more often.

Ever since 0.90, I've struggled several times to resurrect my "Pegasus" Mk3 SSTO with little success, but you've motivated me to try again.  As someone that appreciates craft that manage functionality and aesthetics, I gotta say that Jupiter Star Mk17 is very cool-looking. :cool:

@Vaos Human, and anyone else who was wondering... Yes, it can survive a water landing.

I completely overshot the runway coming down. I should have made my descent a bit steeper, like lowering my periapsis to 55km instead of just 60km. I tried for the island to the northwest of KSC, but it looked to quite hilly from what I could see. So I figured "F(*truck horn*) it, emergency water landing it is."

Needless to say, it "boats" quite well.12674875_10153846135486815_1663051416_o.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.