Build and Kill a Space fighter

Vote  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should the ships be pitted against each other to prove they can do what thier role requires?

The point of this thread.... Build it then 'splode it. Build a fighter, put up a DL, and give a little info on it. Entries must meet the main criteria (must have docking ports, re loadable weapons, RCS, LEGIT launch, and made in 1.0.5 or up.) and each Specific Criteria

[SSTO]- Uses no external disposable fuel to get to Orbit.

[SPACEPLANE/UNIQUE]- Spaceplane with a unique launch stage

[STAGED (STANDARD)]- Standard rocket launched fighter

. SN-Drift-MK3

.Ugly fighter mk.1

Ships also Will be grouped by role, those being: Fighter, Attacker, and Interceptor

Pictures would also be appreciated, but are not required. 

EDIT: poll results are looking towards epic battle

Edited by Ogcorp CEO

2 hours ago, Ogcorp CEO said:

Yes, Space fighters bro. Isn't that kinda Obvious tho?

Your name says otherwise.

Re-name it to something more catchy, and that reveals it goes to space.

On 3/3/2016 at 10:08 PM, selfish_meme said:

This should probably be in challenges, also what does reloadable mean? Most weapons are not reloadable without a trip to the hangar.

It's also traditional to provide an example craft so people understand better what you mean.

Reloadable WITHOUT REVERTING AND W/ DOCKING PORTs

I give you the SN-Drift-MK3, a heavy fighter armed with 6 guided torpedoes. Decouple torpedoes before use.

Download here{craft file}

JLxNnmn.jpg

117 parts when armed

A mass of 15.6t when armed

Use the 1 key to toggle LV-909 engine.

Use the 2 key to toggle solar panels and ion engines.

Edited by iamonfire

3 minutes ago, iamonfire said:

I give you the SN-Drift-MK3, a heavy fighter armed with 6 guided torpedoes. Decouple torpedoes before use.

Download here{http://www.This website cannot be used on these forums/download/od4jtg9c4a2dau2/SN-Drift-MK3_LS.craft}

117 parts when armed

A mass of 15.6t when armed

Use the 1 key to toggle LV-909 engine.

Use the 2 key to toggle solar panels and ion engines.

Again, no MediaFire. A kid can go on the website and see some bad things even without the hyperlink.

Believe it or not, this heavy fighter is a SSTO rocket powered space plane that manages to get into orbit.  Its main tactic is to overwhelm the enemy with a barrage of 12 rockets which are able to destroy capital ships.  It can be re-armed as it uses 3 columns of docking port jrs in a stacked configuration.

Takeoff is critical as it's initially unbalanced when clearing the runway and going vertical.  Basically it needs to take off vertically like a rocket.

Edited by evader
Added video

All of my Star Wars craft are capable of getting into space in the stock game without any cheats or mods.  I haven't actually shot anything down in space but it's on my list.  I'm currently working on an X-wing, Y-wing, Tie bomber and N-1 that will do the same thing...

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

On 3/19/2016 at 10:17 AM, Jolly_Roger said:

All of my Star Wars craft are capable of getting into space in the stock game without any cheats or mods.  I haven't actually shot anything down in space but it's on my list.  I'm currently working on an X-wing, Y-wing, Tie bomber and N-1 that will do the same thing...

JR

I WANT!!!!

DL PLEASE!!!???!

5 minutes ago, Jolly_Roger said:

Links to all my craft files are on my showcase thread in the Spacecraft Exchange section of the forum - Click HERE to get there.

JR

found It, Got the Tie but the falcon exceeds my slow little HP Compaq de7700 Hackintosh's Limit on parts (But i still decided to name the tiny little machine Midget :D )

edit: Tell me when that N1 comes out

Edited by Ogcorp CEO

6 minutes ago, Jolly_Roger said:

I'm working on an X-Wing.  I'm hoping to be able to release it this week. :D

JR

OOOOOHHHHHH much want

hope to see It on the thread :)

School's up soon but my break starts the 25th, and VUDU is gonna have Star wars on April 1st so might be off then, canne wait tho

edit: SPRING BREAK DERP

Edited by Ogcorp CEO

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.