TOTM March!

sal_vager

Helloo everyone!

It's the start of March, so it's time to sticky some new threads from around the forums and bring your attention to some great stuff in our community you may have missed.

It's an eclectic mix this month, with some old threads thrown in that I have wanted to feature for ages.

So without further ado we're starting this TOTM in General Discussion with @Panichio's thread on people who joined in 2011, where we learn what some of our earliest members think of KSP.

Next we have a tutorial on the importance of the center of mass and center of lift from @Val, this is sure to help some people with their spaceplanes, as it's still common for players to have issues re-entering due to neglecting to take their CoM shift into account.

This. Is. Awesome!

@Azimech is know around the forums for his amazing mechanical creations, but sometimes he lets himself indulge in more whimsical craft design, and this time he geeks out with an all-stock, flying Starship Enterprise, joined by the Reliant, with a guest appearance by the Klingons!

Our challenge this month comes from @SpaceplaneAddict, he asks us to show the loneliest celestial body some love, so get out there and show Dres how much you appreciate her clearing up those asteroids!

Unless, of course, you know that Dres does not exist...

I can't remember if I linked this next TOTM before, looking back I was not able to find it, so I'm doing it anyway!

Witness @Space Scumbag's amazing recreation of Mad Max, Mad Jeb Fury Road!

It's just like the movie!

From Mission Reports comes the harrowing saga of Emiko Station, penned by @Just Jim, "Is This The End?".

We have @lobe to thank for the Science thread this month, with his discussion on what my be the only real way we'll reach the stars, oh and it involves huge explosions so it's a win win!

Late addition!

@Exclipse, is working on a great little 2D KSP-esque game called Asteroid Initiative, where you can build rockets from parts, fly to (and crash on) other planets.

Take a look, and maybe give him a vote on Steam!

And finally, how could I not feature the biggest thread in recent weeks?, give a big hand everyone to @inigma and the Spacedock dev thread!

That's all for now, see you next time on the Kerbal Space Program forum Threads of the Munth!

See Januaries TOTM here !

See Februaries TOTM here!

On February 2, 2016 at 4:15 PM, sal_vager said:
On February 2, 2016 at 4:15 PM, sal_vager said:

And if you see something you think should be pinned, tell me, it doesn't matter if it's from a new member or from someone who has been here since the early days, as long as it's a great thread.

Raargh! I can't get out of this quote box!

Anyway, the answer to your question, Dman, is yes.

I was busy most of the first week in march, and then I spent the last two days catching up on my story, and only now really went back and looked at the other TOTM threads, and I realized I'm even more honored to be sharing this with some other really awesome threads!

And honestly, I'm not sure if I'm even worthy of being in the same category as that Fury Road video....  that was epic!
So accurate to the movie, and still so Kerbal!  Outstanding work!  I haven't laughed so hard in ages!!!

23 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I was busy most of the first week in march, and then I spent the last two days catching up on my story, and only now really went back and looked at the other TOTM threads, and I realized I'm even more honored to be sharing this with some other really awesome threads!

And honestly, I'm not sure if I'm even worthy of being in the same category as that Fury Road video....  that was epic!
So accurate to the movie, and still so Kerbal!  Outstanding work!  I haven't laughed so hard in ages!!!

Thank you! I just love the movie and had to make a proper KSP version. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.