[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, No need for any confusion the LBP is all this thread is concerned about.  The other mod mentioned is an entirely separate entity and not yet available ( some bits from it have featured in the screenshots posted here recently)  ( @njmksr now look what you've done  :P )

Oh. Is that what that awesome Bridge you use comes from? Do want! lol.

7 minutes ago, volcanicshrimp said:

Holding alt while placing disables surface attachment, which is useful for things like the VLS parts.

I've been playing this game since 2012 and i didn't know that cheers.

On 24/06/2016 at 5:25 PM, volcanicshrimp said:

What missiles are those and where can I get them/other ones to put in the VLS parts?

The missiles are now available, see link in my signature

Confirmed ballast tanks working great now, thanks very much.

VLS Nodes work better with your ASM Antiship missile - the PEW missiles haven't been updated in awhile so it makes sense its not detecting the launcher.

I have a few problems with the ASM not detecting my "fire missile" command from action group. I'll pop a question in your Boomstick thread if you prefer to track there.

26 minutes ago, gomker said:

I have a few problems with the ASM not detecting my "fire missile" command from action group. I'll pop a question in your Boomstick thread if you prefer to track there.

Yeas thanks if you could, that would be helpful, it's tricky enough doing my modding dance to not need all the support spreading throughout  all the threads I'm involved with.  Glad the ballast fits your present requirements, its another thing on the to be visited list.  Do not be alarmed if I don't get to it right away I'm i the process of my third update/release today so a little taxed right now.  Thanks for the feedback.

Hi all, I'm doing some work on the carrier parts, hangar elevator etc maybe, and I'd like an idea of the size of aircraft you'd be likely to want to store or park in the hangar? (that is if i can work out a reliable way to keep them still while in there otherwise it's a pointless exercise) . Also how do you feel about something like below ( not the sub but the hull section )

Spoiler

1RhYLwV.png

brdTkne.png

RfVMlD7.png

i3rMBlR.png

Hi, so I am using this along with BD Armory, but the nodes on the VLS are upside down. Missiles with bottom nodes will not attach right side up, only upside down. Is this exclusive to me? Below is a mod list.

iO0BsWn.png

4 hours ago, MrJobe said:

Hi, so I am using this along with BD Armory, but the nodes on the VLS are upside down. Missiles with bottom nodes will not attach right side up, only upside down. Is this exclusive to me? Below is a mod list

Just use the rotate tool then offset it so it's aligned well.

10 hours ago, MrJobe said:

snip

Hi, the issue with the VLS nodes has been brought up before, the models use transform defined nodes, meaning there is an empty game object in the model that is referenced in the cfg, this works well with missiles that are set up in a similar way but not so well with free hand placed nodes, in the examples i have looked at the tail nodes of various missiles are at various rotations depending on how the modder intended them to be used. It seems that tail mount is very low on the mounting considerations, that said it should still possible to surface mount the missiles in the tubes, at least it seemed that way in my testing.  Due to the amount of missiles available it's not possible to make a set of nodes that work for every case. I'll recheck compatibility as i did use both BD and PEW cruise missiles in tests  so I'd expect those to work without issue.

In other news arriving at a download near you soon will be hull stern hangars for the medium modern hull in 20 and 40mtr sizes and another propeller drive unit

On 6/29/2016 at 7:46 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all, I'm doing some work on the carrier parts, hangar elevator etc maybe, and I'd like an idea of the size of aircraft you'd be likely to want to store or park in the hangar? (that is if i can work out a reliable way to keep them still while in there otherwise it's a pointless exercise) . Also how do you feel about something like below ( not the sub but the hull section )

Hide contents

1RhYLwV.png

brdTkne.png

RfVMlD7.png

i3rMBlR.png

Finally, something I beet @SpannerMonkey(smce) to!

i made the hanger as big as possible because, well, it's kerbal and i want to put B 52's in there( hangar is from under the deck overhang to about a few meters above water level).

texture program is currently flagging up the anti-virus and just generally disagreeing with windows 10 so i can send it to you for finishing if you want.

@ckirky Yup i can take a look at finishing the texturing.  I am going down a different avenue, the hangar size is pretty much governed by the dubious waterline,  the size requirement is for the elevator/s, my plan is to not give up the whole flight deck, rather just a small part of it, and not B52 sized either(rofl)  with the elevators being mounted off to the outer edges of the deck.

Oh btw did you split the deck into a separate mesh? If not could you? if it doesn't interfere with your layout that is, the existing hull/deck combined mesh does not give a very nice collider, being a good distance away from the hull in some places, this is a pet hate of mine (horrible awkward collider layouts being a specialty of mine) and all the colliders throughout the range are being redone, this does require every part (those that i don't have the original assets for) to be reprocessed through 3ds so it's a slow process

16 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@ckirky Yup i can take a look at finishing the texturing.  I am going down a different avenue, the hangar size is pretty much governed by the dubious waterline,  the size requirement is for the elevator/s, my plan is to not give up the whole flight deck, rather just a small part of it, and not B52 sized either(rofl)  with the elevators being mounted off to the outer edges of the deck.

Oh btw did you split the deck into a separate mesh? If not could you? if it doesn't interfere with your layout that is, the existing hull/deck combined mesh does not give a very nice collider, being a good distance away from the hull in some places, this is a pet hate of mine (horrible awkward collider layouts being a specialty of mine) and all the colliders throughout the range are being redone, this does require every part (those that i don't have the original assets for) to be reprocessed through 3ds so it's a slow process

the separating of the deck? don't think i did anything fancy, just worked on one part until the part i needed was in the other mesh, then moved to the other mesh to fix it.

i'm on a camp till next saturday so will not be able to do much until then so....

here it is, the lift has a small attached ramp that i couldn't seperate: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3k5lA8dug_AT0VDR2E3RTZMekk (Blender file)

Edited by ckirky

Sorry about all the images rather than albums, but until imgur fixes the album issue chopped off pics, it'll be this way .

And a new medium bow, I noticed on sea trials that the current medium bow was less than optimal, there are good cases for a surface piercing bow, but KSP isn't one of them, a good bow offers low drag while moving forward, ok the current did that ok, but really really important is that it has enough dynamic buoyancy to not except in extreme circumstances be pushed under the water, and in this department the current medium bow is a big fail (no reflection on Laythe here, he doesn't know what i know) the perfectly flat sides offer no resistance other than the parts innate buoyancy. The new medium bow has a fairly gentle but obvious flare which resists being pushed down into the water,  plus much larger useful deck space , oh and added some Water powered RCs for bow thruster purposes.

Delivery expected soon.

NbNHat2.png

UNTKmLU.png

Ok, did the hull part for my VLS on the medium hull for testing purposes. Seems to work well. Now you don't need to clip the VLS inside the hull anymore. It can hold up to 8 VLS containers, either the short or the long one.

34tJjk2.png

gLbI93X.png

If you want to try it by yourself:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74618963/VLS-Hull.zip

Have fun :wink:

Themorris

11 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

so what does the water pump in the 1.1.3 update do?

The water pump adds and removes water from the ballast part, Useful in situations in which the ballast tank part (which has a built in pump) is placed in an awkward or difficult to select position, such as below the waterline or externally mounted on the hull bottom. 

Started experimentals with crew quarters, a 4 cabin module with 3 normal pod type IVa;s and 1 Ucab an EVA explorable cabin, hopefully with cmd seat

(and there will be an update today)

Hv6Xv8m.png

rzNdqLu.png

nZzq0aS.png

sf1R63n.png

9 hours ago, Themorris said:

Nice work really like that, sent you a pm.

The Update

Large Boat Parts 3.5

Version 3.5
New long medium hull amphibious hangar
New short medium hull amphibious hangar
New medium bridge
New large bridge
New prop and shaft drive unit
NEW (requires BD armory)  new medium VLS hull section by TheMorris
New Medium Bow and (why cant i just get one line shift? )Ballast keel

I've shuffled a few parts into the parts required folder, so that the ancillary items, drives, pumps etc are all located together, this works out better for those only using the modern or the ww2 parts. The drive units are rated identically differing only in appearance and hopefully I've got something that will work whatever scale you need it in without either orbiting small craft of being under powered for large craft

Special thanks go to TheMorris (Owner operator of MalFunc weaponry )for providing the new medium Hull section VLS.  This will be followed by further adaptions to suit this particular unit

AU4F3SB.png

14 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The water pump adds and removes water from the ballast part, Useful in situations in which the ballast tank part (which has a built in pump) is placed in an awkward or difficult to select position, such as below the waterline or externally mounted on the hull bottom. 

Started experimentals with crew quarters, a 4 cabin module with 3 normal pod type IVa;s and 1 Ucab an EVA explorable cabin, hopefully with cmd seat

(and there will be an update today)

Hv6Xv8m.png

rzNdqLu.png

nZzq0aS.png

sf1R63n.png

Nice work really like that, sent you a pm.

So basically it keeps the sub ballanceds regardless of how much water is in it or na?

5 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

So basically it keeps the sub ballanceds regardless of how much water is in it or na?

It relies on a bit of tuning it is not automatic,  the sub has ballast in every compartment so is fairly easy to trim, the keel can help but is not really needed, a better use for the keel and ballast tank is to use them to lower cg of ships, but  to use the pump/tank close transfer for bow and stern hull parts and fill mid tanks first, once reaching submerging point you trim using fore and aft, it's almost impossible to have an auto system that does all the thinking for you without a massive plugin to back it up, Fengist has a make it sink module that helpsish if you have no clue but experimenting with the values  is the best way forward and once you are used to the parts can be trimmed quite quickly

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD A PROBLEM WITH "BOATS SINKING WHEN PLACED IN THE WATER. TOTALLY EMPTY OF ALL FUEL AND BALLAST....EITHER FULLY LOADED OR TOTALLY EMPTY. EVEN JUST A EMPTY HULL...STRAIGHT DOWN TO DAVIE JONES LOCKER...HELP!!!!