[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

Working on an LHA, too. Not too happy with the way it's looking.. resized carrier parts sit too low in the water and it looks pretty dumb. I may combine some LBP parts with some of Fengist's carrier deck parts.. might work better for what I want.

x8fljPF.jpg

26 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Working on an LHA, too. Not too happy with the way it's looking.. resized carrier parts sit too low in the water and it looks pretty dumb. I may combine some LBP parts with some of Fengist's carrier deck parts.. might work better for what I want.

x8fljPF.jpg

On my carrier build, I added positive floatation / ballast by surface attaching and clipping aditional large hull segments into the bottom of the carrier parts. This also allowed me to tweak the ballast / floatation to counter the A-symmetrical weight of the deck and the superstructure of a carrier.

3 minutes ago, V8jester said:

On my carrier build, I added positive floatation / ballast by surface attaching and clipping aditional large hull segments into the bottom of the carrier parts. This also allowed me to tweak the ballast / floatation to counter the A-symmetrical weight of the deck and the superstructure of a carrier.

I countered the asymmetrical balance with ballast tanks. That's not the issue for me. It's that the carrier parts are meant to be huge, and the LHA is much smaller. So resizing the carrier parts makes it look like a teeny carrier, instead of an LHA. 

1 minute ago, XOC2008 said:

NOW I'm getting somewhere!

AH yes but, they aren't LBP parts, so while the creative side of me really likes your project . the mod manager in me has just had a meeting to state that it's totally unacceptable. SO what we're missing are light support carrier parts? While i like your build I can see already that you've had to make a compromise or ten, a compromise that having the right parts would help to prevent.

SO  i need a clearer idea of exactly whats needed, some reference images would be good, even if all they are is a rough guide it will speed up the creation process, and make sure that you get at least some of the features , sizes and shapes that will work.

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

AH yes but, they aren't LBP parts, so while the creative side of me really likes your project . the mod manager in me has just had a meeting to state that it's totally unacceptable. SO what we're missing are light support carrier parts? While i like your build I can see already that you've had to make a compromise or ten, a compromise that having the right parts would help to prevent.

SO  i need a clearer idea of exactly whats needed, some reference images would be good, even if all they are is a rough guide it will speed up the creation process, and make sure that you get at least some of the features , sizes and shapes that will work.

@SpannerMonkey(smce)Do you want some images of an LHA? Or pictures of what I had to do in order to get that thing up there? I have the medium hull parts scaled up to 174%, then I have a raised section with medium modern middle cut superstructure parts and a small bow, scaled up to 150% and 275% respectively. The CVE bow and decking, I doubled the rescale value to 2.0 in the cfg, then scaled up to 300%. The elevators work fine, I only scaled them to 102% to reach the deck. Realistically, the hangar decks should sit higher on the hull, the port hangar should be further back, and the starboard hangar should be part of what is the LCS stern. but that's a minor nitpick really. I also had to offset the stern and the forward hangar into the surrounding pieces, but that was for me to get as close to the actual length as I could without making it look stupid.

USS America, LHA-6 has a length of 257m, and a beam of 32m.

LiIFP17.jpg

pP8PnJU.jpg

c3NbvIQ.jpg

Xt9lKQn.jpg

VDtpO9E.jpg

To have the hangar in the right place I'd have to do this:

03pbuXR.jpg

But then I get this:

6iGHGyJ.jpg

The height appearance is more accurate to me, that way.. but it makes things more difficult too.

LHA-6 USS America for Reference:

Starboard:

The_amphibious_assault_ship_USS_America_

Port:

15251616502_aaed8f2d6e_b.jpg

I couldn't find a bigger picture of the well deck, but it's basically the same as the LCS helo stern, but taller due to the hangar above the well deck, plus the overhanging structure over the doors for weapons and crew to walk around:

USS_Essex_Thailand.jpg

Found a video that gives a decent look around the whole ship exterior:

I hope that's what you were asking for. :)

Edited by XOC2008

4 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce)Do you want some images of an LHA? Or pictures of what I had to do in order to get that thing up there? I have the medium hull parts scaled up to 174%, then I have a raised section with medium modern middle cut superstructure parts and a small bow, scaled up to 150% and 275% respectively. The CVE bow and decking, I doubled the rescale value to 2.0 in the cfg, then scaled up to 300%. The elevators work fine, I only scaled them to 102% to reach the deck. Realistically, the hangar decks should sit higher on the hull, the port hangar should be further back, and the starboard hangar should be part of what is the LCS stern. but that's a minor nitpick really. I also had to offset the stern and the forward hangar into the surrounding pieces, but that was for me to get as close to the actual length as I could without making it look stupid.

USS America, LHA-6 has a length of 257m, and a beam of 32m.

To have the hangar in the right place I'd have to do this:

But then I get this:

The height appearance is more accurate to me, that way.. but it makes things more difficult too.

LHA-6 USS America for Reference:

Starboard:

Port:

I couldn't find a bigger picture of the well deck, but it's basically the same as the LCS helo stern, but taller due to the hangar above the well deck, plus the overhanging structure over the doors for weapons and crew to walk around:

Found a video that gives a decent look around the whole ship exterior:

I hope that's what you were asking for. :)

I actually have an LHD for my upcoming CVX mod.

ED5eflc.png

6 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Well there you go, why bother when it's already being done.

Well it is a small numbers perts mod, hull, bridge, and screws rudder. Spanner, if you want to make a multi part mod version I can send you my file.

1 minute ago, Eskandare said:

Well it is a small numbers perts mod, hull, bridge, and screws rudder. Spanner, if you want to make a multi part mod version I can send you my file.

It did cross my  mind, knowing the plethora (great word)  of other mods and a life you have to deal with, but thought nah, he'll never do that :)  BUT yeah do that, I'd like that muchly and appreciate it a jellybeanload (ha you aint censoring me )

Cheers

Hi all it's been brought to my notice that SpaceDock is having technical difficulties that I don't at all envy , SO with the recent update perhaps being unavailable here is a remote link to a direct download

EfF4e59.png

UPDATE ;Large Ship Parts Packv3.6.1

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

20 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Does this mean I should stop working on my LHA till you guys are done with it? Lol

I never recommend a modder to stop modding. I started with Kerbal Konstructs, then made Thermonuclear, then KRX, now CVX. Mind you mine is a low parts method to allow for aircraft and support equipment.

39 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

I never recommend a modder to stop modding. I started with Kerbal Konstructs, then made Thermonuclear, then KRX, now CVX. Mind you mine is a low parts method to allow for aircraft and support equipment.

Not a modder myself. No patience or know how! I just meant that I'll stop building mine till there are more parts for it! :)

Edited by XOC2008

i would like to emphasize the fact that WWII large boat parts has little variety, specifically in the hulls..i recommend again, having proprietary parts, such as (German Battleship Soviet Destroyer, American Cruiser, German Cruiser, Japanese Battleship etc) hull, bow, stern

12 minutes ago, Bitrefresh said:

i recommend again,

OH you  do you, currently the LBP has 80  parts folders, and many of the new parts share folders and textures with other parts, so that 80 doesn't fully represent the complete package, and the whole package contains around 354 individual  files, so it's not small in any way.

Yet you recommend that I rustle up at least another 20 parts  to satisfy what is in truth a very niche market in a very niche market  mod.

Now if you were paying money perhaps you could recommend something, but until that day you have no rights other than to desire a thing or request a thing.

And if this really makes you unhappy please feel free to find another parts pack more suited to your tastes, may I RECOMMEND that you try Azimechs WW2 ships mod for example.

11 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

OH you  do you, currently the LBP has 80  parts folders, and many of the new parts share folders and textures with other parts, so that 80 doesn't fully represent the complete package, and the whole package contains around 354 individual  files, so it's not small in any way.

Yet you recommend that I rustle up at least another 20 parts  to satisfy what is in truth a very niche market in a very niche market  mod.

Now if you were paying money perhaps you could recommend something, but until that day you have no rights other than to desire a thing or request a thing.

And if this really makes you unhappy please feel free to find another parts pack more suited to your tastes, may I RECOMMEND that you try Azimechs WW2 ships mod for example.

That is why I made single hull mod. Although the texure file is 4mb at 4090x4090.

i am wondering if anyone has had this same problem(and knows how to fix it, or if its not fixable(with out increasing my load distance, i don't have the best pc so i struggle to run ksp as it is)), but whenever i launch a ship (whether its in water, on land or in air)and i go back to the hanger to get another ship/plane, the ship glitches out, fly's in the air and explodes(even if its just the hull(s), i don't even put a bridge on it), i have tried alot of different things and none of them worked(i still love this mod, i am just wondering)