[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

5 minutes ago, acerarity said:

i am wondering if anyone has had this same problem(and knows how to fix it, or if its not fixable(with out increasing my load distance, i don't have the best pc so i struggle to run ksp as it is)), but whenever i launch a ship (whether its in water, on land or in air)and i go back to the hanger to get another ship/plane, the ship glitches out, fly's in the air and explodes(even if its just the hull(s), i don't even put a bridge on it), i have tried alot of different things and none of them worked(i still love this mod, i am just wondering)

its a known problem, that will be hopefully solved on the release of KSP 1.2

1 hour ago, Bitrefresh said:

no solution has been found yet, your best bet is using a mod called AirPark

ok, ill take a look

1 hour ago, acerarity said:

ok, ill take a look

it normally takes me 15-20 min. to launch ksp(because i have so many mods and it keeps freezing) so im not going to play ksp tonight(and by tonight i mean 2:30 am my time) but ill try it tomorrow 

6 hours ago, Bitrefresh said:

its too high part count in the end, LBP is a much better alternative :/. its unfortunate you have to be so blunt and disrespectful with your response. @SpannerMonkey(smce)

No offense man, but recommending someone do something when they are doing this for free is kind of rude, so I can understand his reaction. Especially when you consider how many mods he is undertaking in his spare time.

7 hours ago, acerarity said:

i am wondering if anyone has had this same problem(and knows how to fix it, or if its not fixable(with out increasing my load distance, i don't have the best pc so i struggle to run ksp as it is)), but whenever i launch a ship (whether its in water, on land or in air)and i go back to the hanger to get another ship/plane, the ship glitches out, fly's in the air and explodes(even if its just the hull(s), i don't even put a bridge on it), i have tried alot of different things and none of them worked(i still love this mod, i am just wondering)

The current fix to this is either use FAR (which replaces stock aerodynamics), or if you would, like me, stay a little closer to stock use AirPark

Here are your options:

http://spacedock.info/mod/936/AirPark Continued

http://spacedock.info/mod/151/Ferram Aerospace Research

3 hours ago, Eskandare said:

The current fix to this is either use FAR (which replaces stock aerodynamics), or if you would, like me, stay a little closer to stock use AirPark

Here are your options:

http://spacedock.info/mod/936/AirPark Continued

http://spacedock.info/mod/151/Ferram Aerospace Research

Ya, I got airpark 10 hours ago, but have yet to try it. i looked at getting FAR a long time ago but i don't feel like learning it

Just now, acerarity said:

Ya, I got airpark 10 hours ago, but have yet to try it. i looked at getting FAR a long time ago but i don't feel like learning it

There nothing to learn really, people make it out to be some dark art, but it's not, for our purposes what it does is remove the stock buoyancy system and the stock drag cubes system and replace it with it's own version which for the purpose of buoyancy is immeasurably better than the stock games implementation.

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

There nothing to learn really, people make it out to be some dark art, but it's not, for our purposes what it does is remove the stock buoyancy system and the stock drag cubes system and replace it with it's own version which for the purpose of buoyancy is immeasurably better than the stock games implementation.

Ok, ill have a look, i like to have as few mods as possible(and that is VERY hard with all these great mods), so i don't know if i will run with it(ill try airpark then far)

54 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The think with far is that ship engine power has to be increased, beside that it makes aircraft drag and stresses more real, wings ripping off, drag, stalls, etc., it is very good. for my regular game I use FAR, for asset dev I use stock.

51 minutes ago, acerarity said:

Ok, ill have a look, i like to have as few mods as possible(and that is VERY hard with all these great mods), so i don't know if i will run with it(ill try airpark then far)

Both work fairly well for the purpose of aircraft, I use FAR and AirPark for my refueling planes.

1 hour ago, Eskandare said:

The think with far is that ship engine power has to be increased, beside that it makes aircraft drag and stresses more real, wings ripping off, drag, stalls, etc., it is very good. for my regular game I use FAR, for asset dev I use stock.

Both work fairly well for the purpose of aircraft, I use FAR and AirPark for my refueling planes.

im gonna have to re-engineer my f-22 and super fighter,(a delta wing aircraft that can reach mach 10 and turns 360 degrees in 15 seconds, without full load) both can pass mach 2, so the wings would rip(im using modded struts that are 50x stronger than stock struts, but i only have a few)

I've had the problem where I can't steer with FAR and reach insane speeds with little power. :blush:

Edited by cavilier210

3 minutes ago, cavilier210 said:

I've had the problem where I can't steer with FAR and reach insane speeds with little power. :P

1 minute ago, acerarity said:

sounds like a fun glitch :D

Just don't turn at mach 4. I always hated how at lower speeds my planes fell apart.

2 minutes ago, cavilier210 said:

Well, its more when I'm in the water. It's like the water is thin as air, and so changing my vector is a pain. Turns the turning radius into a 50 km annoyance.

The trouble is that the hulls themselves act as a keel, as such the vessel has a tendency to want to, especially at speed, run straight and unless your rudder arrangement and reaction wheels can cancel out the keel effect  you are fighting a losing battle.

It is possible to tweak the cfg to alleviate some of this habit, but that in turn leads to instability at high speed, which is very bad.

You can also add a second locked off rudder somewhere around the mid point of the hull, this gives a point at which to pivot around, and so can make steering more positive, the downside is that the 1.1.3 phantom force issue can get upset by this arrangement and cause massive sideways loading's to be applied rapidly to your ship, usually resulting in a part or two visiting the sun.

SO it's all swings in roundabouts, and compromise, allegedly the water physics are much improved in 1.2 so we can but wait  and see how it all pans out.

29 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The trouble is that the hulls themselves act as a keel, as such the vessel has a tendency to want to, especially at speed, run straight and unless your rudder arrangement and reaction wheels can cancel out the keel effect  you are fighting a losing battle.

It is possible to tweak the cfg to alleviate some of this habit, but that in turn leads to instability at high speed, which is very bad.

You can also add a second locked off rudder somewhere around the mid point of the hull, this gives a point at which to pivot around, and so can make steering more positive, the downside is that the 1.1.3 phantom force issue can get upset by this arrangement and cause massive sideways loading's to be applied rapidly to your ship, usually resulting in a part or two visiting the sun.

SO it's all swings in roundabouts, and compromise, allegedly the water physics are much improved in 1.2 so we can but wait  and see how it all pans out.

I'll give your rudder idea a try if 1.2 doesn't fix the issue like it sounds like its supposed to. I didn't even think of the ship acting as a keel as a whole.

Would a rudder in the back near the engines be necessary? In stock, I just put the engines in back, and they vector thrust my turns. I found, currently, that rudders weren't much help. Which, was that an intentional design choice of yours?

1.2 is sounding better, and better everyday. one of my favourite mods from 1.0.5(not my most favourite, but its on my top 6)(adjustable landing gear) is gonna get updated, and so will this mod, BDarmory (i hope vessel mover gets updated, i cant remember if someone picked it up), P.E.W, and NKD(my favourite nuke mod, Harpwner did a really good job with the sound effects and the mushroom clouds.smoke effects). I cannot wait for 1.2!! :D

1 minute ago, cavilier210 said:

Would a rudder in the back near the engines be necessary? In stock, I just put the engines in back, and they vector thrust my turns. I found, currently, that rudders weren't much help. Which, was that an intentional design choice of yours?

While conversely I turn off thrust vectoring on my builds, never use anything that isn't a propeller and all my steering is done with rudders, not wings pressed into service( as that doesn't work well) but rudders made for the job, there's one currently in LBP and two in SMM.  Using stock rocket engines just destroys the immersion, which is odd coming from me, too many years as a marine engineer to do it any other way. SO it's all about choices and I've made different ones than you, :)

3 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Minus some little detail bits, a mk 110, and a couple bushmasters, LCS-1:

That's nice, must get SMM out with the changes as there are a load of deco bits in there. Made some irregular panels last night ,2x1.3x1.4x1.1x1 and 1x2 slopes which should help with the detailing on less streamlined vessels

And my latest, The request turrets were given a test run against 4 nasty drones last night and came through with flying colors, although not happy with the fire sound, or the fire rate of the single even though it's as per real specs, may change it to explosive ammo instead, that may work better.

B7abLGY.png?1