Kerbal Space Program 1.1 Hype Train Thread.

Whirligig Girl

15 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

Did they just lock the 1.1 subforums?  It's not clear with IPS 4.  Not because it is good...but because it is bad!  The very worst that forum software can achieve... we choose to go to the IPS and do the other things not because it is easy, but because it's what the dart landed on!

Anyhow.. buggy release hype!!! (although the dev team did do a good job smashing hundreds of bugs, there's still a lot left...1228 landing gear isn't.. quite right yet)

Works fine here, we'll see. Hype!

1 minute ago, pandaman said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they released it tonight on the store only and made the steam users wait until tomorrow :D

And no I don't actually think they will, or should, do that.

Do it! Steam users need to feel what it's like to be second class!

6 minutes ago, Mokmo said:

Works fine here, we'll see. Hype!

The sub-forums or the gear?  Some of the gear stick through the terrain, which makes me nervous.  Arsonide fixed the "gear isn't actually landing" bug, but I think the gear length issue was with someone else.  I'm afraid that when it's fixed (1.1.1? :S ) it will result in explody bases or ones that are stuck in the ground.

Exploding bases version eleventy hype!

24 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

Did they just lock the 1.1 subforums?  It's not clear with IPS 4.  Not because it is good...but because it is bad!  The very worst that forum software can achieve... we choose to go to the IPS and do the other things not because it is easy, but because it's what the dart landed on!

Anyhow.. buggy release hype!!! (although the dev team did do a good job smashing hundreds of bugs, there's still a lot left...1228 landing gear isn't.. quite right yet)

I noticed that a couple min ago and reported that in the kerbal network section.

I agree though, it's still too soon, theres still some bugs to fix, the landing legs may still be slidy and so are kerbals. Plus they need to do an optimization and readability run.

The "usual" devnotes time is 2pm PDT, which is when they usually drop the updates. That means I should get home just after that and start the download, and then go get my boys from school. By the time I get back the download will be done!! *wishful thinking, the server will be crushed by the hype train *

i wish I was at home on my PC so I could update this:

Cuz, like, the time to keep calm is over! It's time to jump up and down excitedly!

1 minute ago, smjjames said:

I agree though, it's still too soon, theres still some bugs to fix, the landing legs may still be slidy and so are kerbals. Plus they need to do an optimization and readability run.

Totally agree with you.  Cheers to the inevitable emergency patch :wink:

(kinda sad too, they squashed a metric butt-ton of bugs already... if they'd just gone on for a few more weeks, probably woulda gotten the majority of 'em)

Agreeing with people HYPE!!!!!

35 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

Looks like it.

10 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they released it tonight on the store only and made the steam users wait until tomorrow :D

I have both versions HYPE!!!!

(I usually try things out by buying through Steam first.  That way I can blame them for any crap that asplodes my system, rather than some unknown developer in the back end of nowhere who probably works for the local version of their crime mob.   However, after interacting with the community and playing much KSP, I decided they were trustworthy and also that the store version was less... well, Steam-y.  Cleaner, neater, especially the .zip versions.  So I got that too.  KSP is totally worth it - your typical AAA game has as many bugs, has about 0.1% of the gameplay and fascination, and yet costs like 80 Canadian dollerydoos.)