[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

Maybe I've found a bug: when timewarping, the truss complex (your xtruss as shown in my album above) literally destroy the craft. It first disassembles, then wrecks everything. It's definetely that because I've tried without it (removing the truss complex from ISS, leaving only Russian and US Segment) and it timewarps very smoothly. A suggestion: Maybe including adapters on your modules? Because adding them it's necessary for a nice ISS replica but it adds a lot to the part count (2x on every US module, so Unity, Destiny, Harmony, Tranquility, Kibo and Columbus= 12 more parts).

9 minutes ago, JoseEduardo said:

are you using the nvidia plugin for photoshop? it also lets you just overwrite the DDS file

Up until now I didn't think there was a Mac version but I've just had a look and found one. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, trooperMNG said:

Maybe I've found a bug: when timewarping, the truss complex (your xtruss as shown in my album above) literally destroy the craft. It first disassembles, then wrecks everything. It's definetely that because I've tried without it (removing the truss complex from ISS, leaving only Russian and US Segment) and it timewarps very smoothly. A suggestion: Maybe including adapters on your modules? Because adding them it's necessary for a nice ISS replica but it adds a lot to the part count (2x on every US module, so Unity, Destiny, Harmony, Tranquility, Kibo and Columbus= 12 more parts).

That's very strange. What KSP version are you using? Are we talking physics warp or on-rails? I have a test craft in orbit to look out for this sort of issue and have never encountered it. 

Adapters I will leave separate to allow for people stacking modules together to make new ones. In 1.1 12 parts makes little to no difference!

17 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

+1 to the ISS YouTube series idea.

Well, I'll do it, I started to write out the whole series and it will definitely be over 10 videos. Idk how long they will be, but it all depends on whether or not I include the fat (Same item docking, P3&P4 truss and S3&S4 truss for instance) that is below the already removed fat (full launches, rendezvous). I'd also like some input on whether or not you'd like it voiced or just text, for reference, I sound very pre-pubescent higher pitched kid like, because well I am a very pre-pubescent higher pitched kid. If it's fine, but there is some resistance, I will make a transcript of all the maneuvers, so people can mute the video and just read what happens as it happens. Plus, people can translate if they are native to something other than English.

I will be doing an overview video of the mods I'll be using for assistance in the building of the station (basically IR for the robotic arms, Cormorant Aeronology for the shuttle parts, Tantares, HabTech, and maybe some visual stuff to make screenshots less bland. 

I will also make a video about flying the shuttle, making it, docking it, etc.

Shuttle Progress is.... Going Well? Your DIRECT RS-25s overheat before orbit and I had to make a water landing, which believe it or not, ksp shuttles fit well for because empty S-wings have a lot of buoyancy. Playing 1.0.5.

S77Q96U.png

19 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Up until now I didn't think there was a Mac version but I've just had a look and found one. Thanks!

That's very strange. What KSP version are you using? Are we talking physics warp or on-rails? I have a test craft in orbit to look out for this sort of issue and have never encountered it. 

Adapters I will leave separate to allow for people stacking modules together to make new ones. In 1.1 12 parts makes little to no difference!

1.0.5. Maybe tomorrow I'll try with my updated 1.1 prerelease

5 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

I am trying to fix up the shuttle and tie up some other things revolving around the video series on my stream.

Come for how not to fly and great music.

will you release that shuttle? because for what I can see you added Cormorant's shuttle parts, and in my .craft they mess up the CoM

4 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

will you release that shuttle? because for what I can see you added Cormorant's shuttle parts, and in my .craft they mess up the CoM

Once I figure it out I suppose, still not balanced too well. I also need to find a mod with monoprop engines with huge gimbal. The "Puff" isnt doing it for me.

hi, ive found an strange bug Only with SP1-2 Semi-Hexagonal Rigidity Structure if it is in an Shuttle the camera is going strange...

look this video ive only made to report it. Other Parts working. But this part produced this curiously bug (Sorry for bad english).

38 minutes ago, Schtiebuu said:

hi, ive found an strange bug Only with SP1-2 Semi-Hexagonal Rigidity Structure if it is in an Shuttle the camera is going strange...

look this video ive only made to report it. Other Parts working. But this part produced this curiously bug (Sorry for bad english).

You have Hullcam?

I know this is an odd request given the contents and goal of the mod, but is there any way you could make a 1.25m and 0.9357m inline parachutes? Ones to go under the APAS and CBM docking ports for crew/resupply craft?

Update:

@Schtiebuu if @benjee10 finds out what causes this awkward bug, he'd be an absolute hero. :P

That same bug haunts the dome antenna from BDB... Some parts just... do it.

Edited by VenomousRequiem

May have a bug:
Crew transfer on 1.1.0.1224x64 on windows does not happen on the labs. Right click on crew containing part (like the Mk2 crew cabin), select transfer crew and they won't go to the labs. They will go to the pressurized node, cupola, airlocks, and a few other parts, but it seems they will not go to the labs. It seems that the mouse-over highlight is not working either.

Further testing can move into labs with Ship Manifest and IVAs work correctly.
Biology lab has the camera placed in such a way it shows a black screen. Appears it's trying to show the Kerbal's face but the laptop is in-between.

Edited by helaeon

Thank you so much for this mod. It is great!
I only have a mal problem. When I am putting the truss structure together with "Truss Connection System Type B" I can't separate them anymore.
I undock them, but they still stick together. Am I doing something wrong?

I can make a video if you like.

On 17 April 2016 at 10:09 PM, Schtiebuu said:

Well that's extremely odd. I'll look into it ASAP. I seem to remember having a similar bug with someone else's mod, not sure what the fix was (or if there was one). Seems strange that it should happen on a purely structural part.

On 17 April 2016 at 11:55 PM, VenomousRequiem said:

I know this is an odd request given the contents and goal of the mod, but is there any way you could make a 1.25m and 0.9357m inline parachutes? Ones to go under the APAS and CBM docking ports for crew/resupply craft?

Never made a parachute before but I'll add it to the to-do list!

On 19 April 2016 at 7:53 AM, helaeon said:

May have a bug:
Crew transfer on 1.1.0.1224x64 on windows does not happen on the labs. Right click on crew containing part (like the Mk2 crew cabin), select transfer crew and they won't go to the labs. They will go to the pressurized node, cupola, airlocks, and a few other parts, but it seems they will not go to the labs. It seems that the mouse-over highlight is not working either.

Further testing can move into labs with Ship Manifest and IVAs work correctly.
Biology lab has the camera placed in such a way it shows a black screen. Appears it's trying to show the Kerbal's face but the laptop is in-between.

I've been experiencing this bug too. I think it may be a problem with stock but will search for a cause. 

21 hours ago, C4pt.Miles said:

Thank you so much for this mod. It is great!
I only have a mal problem. When I am putting the truss structure together with "Truss Connection System Type B" I can't separate them anymore.
I undock them, but they still stick together. Am I doing something wrong?

I can make a video if you like.

Are the ports facing the right way? The yellow pegs are the docking face. 

37 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Are the ports facing the right way? The yellow pegs are the docking face. 

I had that same thing happen to me. After undock they kind of stick together and you can only move away sideways, the moment you slip of you are free.

2 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

So, can I just get rid of them since I'm using windows?

I'm not the modder, but unless they did something very exotic, yes - regardless of OS, actually.

EDIT: OTOH, there's no real reason to do so - they're harmless.

Edited by ModZero

1 hour ago, Mokmo said:

Oh my, a Kottabos feature on Youtube ? 

Awesome!

Some of the shaders look really strange there compared to what I'm seeing, in general much darker (especially the interiors). I haven't tried it with the official release of 1.1, can anyone confirm that they look any different? Or is he using fallback part shaders (do they still exist in 1.1?) 

Also odd that the seats are missing in the airlock IVA. Some IVA configs reference Tantares props if it is installed (namely the fire extinguisher and small light) but I'm pretty sure the command chairs are stock and should show up. 

EDIT: Turns out they are Tantares props. I'm guessing most ISS builders will be using Tantares anyway so it shouldn't be too noticeable to most. 

Edited by benjee10