[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

16 hours ago, lextacy said:

How can I add these cool IVAs to other parts?  

INTERNAL

{

name = HabTech/Internals/habtech_airlockInternal

}

this does not work

use the name of the IVA alone:

INTERNAL

{

name = habtech_airlockInternal

}

8 minutes ago, dannway said:

I got an issue where the Biology Lab gives me a chunk amount of money when I put it on my rocket. :D:D

Hide contents

Noticed the same with the pyro lab
-----

Multi-Purpose Stowage Module, i think you don't need an internal for it... Somehow the game decided to use it for a Rescue mission... an interesting case i could not solve without Crew manifest... Internals made the game decide there should be someone in it ? 

36 minutes ago, DasBananenbrot said:

So you get paid for using this part? Isn't that good? :D 

It is a kick-back from Senator Hap Kerman from the great state of North Kerbolina, where the Biology Lab is assembled by his loyal constituents.  Keep Kerbolina working and first in flight!

As has been gushed about by many before me, I absolutely love the textures on these parts (that's probably what stands out most on your work I've seen here and else where).

If I could offer a critique? Maybe an over abundance of grey, or rather a single shade of grey. Some of your parts have a grid/checkerboard pattern and the contrast helps break things up a bit. It's also kind of hard to tell what the functions of the parts are from external appearance alone. Another station parts pack that has a similar issue is the Cx pack (can't remember the exact name, but his parts are all white), although it's entirely possible that I simply am not up on my station parts, since two packs makes a trend:D

Either way, keep up the good work.

is there any way to assemble these in orbit without having to use the docking port things??

I know dumb question, but I am just hoping that I am overlooking something.

great mod.

Cheers and thanks. 

Found it. Me bad and dumb.

Time for more coffee and bacon.

LoL.

Edited by drtedastro
Pulled my head out...

One suggestion I have is that the parts have way too many crew seats. It winds up being very overpowered in USI-LS. I would suggest less seats in labs, and none at all in nodes

I know this is probably asking for too much but any chance you could work on a station arm? The Canadarm mod simply doesn't work well enough for what I need. Alas I wish I could find something that didn't require IR. It is sad that they put all the stock shuttle parts in (at some level) but the core thing needed to build with the shuttle (the arm that was built into the shuttle) is not in the stock game and all the variants I can find on mods are too wobbly, weak or otherwise unusable. :(

12 hours ago, dlrk said:

One suggestion I have is that the parts have way too many crew seats. It winds up being very overpowered in USI-LS. I would suggest less seats in labs, and none at all in nodes

I disagree, you are not forced to fill the crew seats. I like for roleplay to have some crew members in the different modules of my station. A deep-space habitat (mostly one lab, one node, one habitat module, one cupola) is perfect for 4 crew members.

1 hour ago, TheReadPanda said:

I know this is probably asking for too much but any chance you could work on a station arm? The Canadarm mod simply doesn't work well enough for what I need. Alas I wish I could find something that didn't require IR. It is sad that they put all the stock shuttle parts in (at some level) but the core thing needed to build with the shuttle (the arm that was built into the shuttle) is not in the stock game and all the variants I can find on mods are too wobbly, weak or otherwise unusable. :(

CanadaArm2 Or CanadaArm? I think RoverDude or someone who now works for squad used to have a mod that had a robotic arm mod that had CanadaArm2 and the Buran arm.

@benjee10 Beautiful parts pack, brother. I was looking for your sources to see if I (or somebody else) could submit a pull request for a MM-patch for TACLS (somebody asked just a bit ago). I can't seem to find any link to your source. Also, you probably ought to include license information in the OP and perhaps a more explicit license or a link in your download (like this). Obnoxious overhead stuff aside, this is great work!

Edit: my mistake, the source rule applies to .dll files. This pack has none. I'd still love to throw together a MM patch for TACLS. Where can I submit that?

Edited by danfarnsy
Mistake about addon posting rules and licensing

2 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

CanadaArm2 Or CanadaArm? I think RoverDude or someone who now works for squad used to have a mod that had a robotic arm mod that had CanadaArm2 and the Buran arm.

I have tried these and they wobble a lot and are rather ineffective for actual building. The canadarm has a magnet on it but no matter how slow or careful I was I could not grab cargo with it at all... which is a problem. I turned the force of the magnet to about 10x default in the cfg and could grab things but the arm itself wobbled like it was made of bamboo whenever I tried to move the cargo... so... I guess the answer is this just isn't practical with current systems. :(

10 minutes ago, TheReadPanda said:

I have tried these and they wobble a lot and are rather ineffective for actual building. The canadarm has a magnet on it but no matter how slow or careful I was I could not grab cargo with it at all... which is a problem. I turned the force of the magnet to about 10x default in the cfg and could grab things but the arm itself wobbled like it was made of bamboo whenever I tried to move the cargo... so... I guess the answer is this just isn't practical with current systems. :(

Careful setting of acceleration and speed will do the job. There will always be some wobble but nothing to worry about. Just remember (if you are using IR redux) to increase magnet resistance to forces. It breaks very easily. I am still trying to find an optimal setup but I successfully undocked and redocked Kibo module with a Canadarm2 like. For the shuttle, a reduced version will do the job without problems

Edited by trooperMNG

6 minutes ago, trooperMNG said:

Careful setting of acceleration and speed will do the job. There will always be some wobble but nothing to worry about. Just remember (if you are using IR redux) to increase magnet resistance to forces. It breaks very easily. I am still trying to find an optimal setup but I successfully undocked and redocked Kibo module with a Canadarm2 like. For the shuttle, a reduced version will do the job without problems

Yea, I hacked gravity, turned on the magnet and it still couldn't pick anything up. I mean /nothing/ so... turned the magnet force way up, and it works, but not well. I'm posting over there now, since this isn't a habtech issue. Mostly was wondering if Habtech was going to work on an arm for the ISS build but looks like I should be focused on canadarm stuff.

On 5 May 2016 at 5:18 PM, dannway said:

I got an issue where the Biology Lab gives me a chunk amount of money when I put it on my rocket. :D:D

Reveal hidden contents

yupZy5B.png

Will fix that :D

On 10 May 2016 at 1:10 AM, Deimos Rast said:

As has been gushed about by many before me, I absolutely love the textures on these parts (that's probably what stands out most on your work I've seen here and else where).

If I could offer a critique? Maybe an over abundance of grey, or rather a single shade of grey. Some of your parts have a grid/checkerboard pattern and the contrast helps break things up a bit. It's also kind of hard to tell what the functions of the parts are from external appearance alone. Another station parts pack that has a similar issue is the Cx pack (can't remember the exact name, but his parts are all white), although it's entirely possible that I simply am not up on my station parts, since two packs makes a trend:D

Either way, keep up the good work.

Cheers man! Not sure entirely what can be done about the abundance of grey because I don't really want to get into colour coding since it breaks the ISS aesthetic. Perhaps some small decals or something on some module panels?

On 10 May 2016 at 2:59 AM, Proot said:

Man... I usually don't use parts packs, but this is simply as gorgeous as very well developed. Many thanks and congrats.
This deserve to be stock, totally.

Cheers man!

5 hours ago, TheReadPanda said:

Unfortunately that's far too complex a task to even begin to look at. Moving joints in KSP have been and likely always will be a nightmare, and will always require new plugins to be written which isn't something I know the first thing about. IR is your best bet for now and it has years worth of coding and bug fixing ahead of anything I could come up with. 

3 hours ago, danfarnsy said:

@benjee10 Beautiful parts pack, brother. I was looking for your sources to see if I (or somebody else) could submit a pull request for a MM-patch for TACLS (somebody asked just a bit ago). I can't seem to find any link to your source. Also, you probably ought to include license information in the OP and perhaps a more explicit license or a link in your download (like this). Obnoxious overhead stuff aside, this is great work!

Edit: my mistake, the source rule applies to .dll files. This pack has none. I'd still love to throw together a MM patch for TACLS. Where can I submit that?

I'll add a link to the license and some info on the first page, thanks for pointing that out! Feel free to post anything you create here on google drive or something. I'm looking into sorting out a github but am super busy right now so it might take a while before any of this stuff gets implemented. 

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

Cheers man! Not sure entirely what can be done about the abundance of grey because I don't really want to get into colour coding since it breaks the ISS aesthetic. Perhaps some small decals or something on some module panels?

I think something, either texture or mesh, should differentiate the various lab modules. At present they're way too similar.

I noticed that when placing the SP1-2 I was getting a number of exceptions thrown regarding a null reference in ModuleJettison.  Looks like the node definition got doubled up.  From hextruss_2.cfg:

NODE
	{
		name = node_Side6
		transform = nodeSide6
		size = 1
	}
	NODE
	{
		name = node_Side6
		transform = nodeSide6
		size = 1
	}

I'm pretty sure that one of those two noes should have the number 5 instead of 6.  I manually adjusted it in my file and null refs went away.

Loving the parts though!

12 hours ago, hvacengi said:

Looks like the node definition got doubled up

On 04/05/2016 at 9:32 PM, Omega482 said:

Bug report:

SP1-2 truss appears to be missing an attachment point.

vpCQHX1.png

Is this what I'm seeing here? looks like the top right node is the one that's doubled up (notice it is less transparent than the other nodes). This would explain why there's a missing node?