[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

Just now, Jimbodiah said:

That is one way of doing it, but not in line with the kind of ships I fly. I'll just wait to see if there is a solution, ie manual patch or fix by the dev. No rush, just wanted to mention it. Removing the modules from the contracts is also a solution.

btw, are there any airlocks included with the mod (beside the PMA) ?

PMA is a purely structural adapter, the airlock is this part:

lut8nZy.png

Based on the ISS Quest airlock:

Quest_airlock_exterior_-_STS-127.jpg

Planning on some radial Oxygen tanks as shown on that picture as well.

38 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

That is one way of doing it, but not in line with the kind of ships I fly. I'll just wait to see if there is a solution, ie manual patch or fix by the dev. No rush, just wanted to mention it. Removing the modules from the contracts is also a solution.

btw, are there any airlocks included with the mod (beside the PMA) ?

Are you sure? It works fine for me. 

7 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

I get that, but as these parts show up in career contracts it's kind of a disappointment to do 3 rescues (RSS) in a row to find out they are trapped in the HabTech module :wink:

I just had that happen to me on the first rescue mission I've ever attempted (never really bothered with them before). I wonder why KSP seems to favour these parts? But anyway, I did the rendezvous and cheated to complete the mission (as it would have been completely doable). But that put the new Kerbal straight into KIA for some reason, which I didn't want either. So I just ended up loading a quicksave and cancelling the contract. Oh well. I know I could have gone out there again with a grabber but I wasn't really in the mood. I'll pretend that the whole thing never happened, rather than deciding to leave the poor kerbal out there to rot :blush:.

Edited by cyberpunkdreams

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cdw2468 said:

What are your plans for the future of this mod? Possibly some Russian ISS parts?

Welcome to the forums! 

The common opinion in these parts is that the Tantares mod is the provider of all your stock-alike Russian part needs. Check it out! :)

Edited by MrMeeb
The font sizes are weird...silly mobile

1 hour ago, Cdw2468 said:

What are your plans for the future of this mod? Possibly some Russian ISS parts?

As @MrMeeb says, Tantares is your best bet for Russian parts! 

As for future plans, currently I'm looking into inflatable module and planetary base stuff, hopefully with the aim to create some parts that'll let you create bases like the Hab in The Martian. These will be KIS compatible so you don't have to mess around with surface docking. The parts would come 'flat packed' and fit in a KIS crate, then be placed onto the floor using KIS and inflated. So in terms of parts you'd have:

-Central 'hub' modules with multiple attachment nodes for 'corridors'
-Corridor modules
-Specific rooms (e.g. kitchen, dorm, lab, greenhouse)
-Airlock

I was going to do some career mode balance next but having actually had a chance to play KSP recently I realised how boring I find career mode to be compared to sandbox. I'd much rather add more content first. 

• 2 weeks later...
On June 12, 2016 at 4:20 PM, MrMeeb said:

Welcome to the forums! 

The common opinion in these parts is that the Tantares mod is the provider of all your stock-alike Russian part needs. Check it out! :)

Thank you for the warm welcome and prompt reply, even if mine was less than speedy. I have checked out the mod and it serves what I need. Great suggestion!

On June 12, 2016 at 4:33 PM, benjee10 said:

As @MrMeeb says, Tantares is your best bet for Russian parts! 

As for future plans, currently I'm looking into inflatable module and planetary base stuff, hopefully with the aim to create some parts that'll let you create bases like the Hab in The Martian. These will be KIS compatible so you don't have to mess around with surface docking. The parts would come 'flat packed' and fit in a KIS crate, then be placed onto the floor using KIS and inflated. So in terms of parts you'd have:

-Central 'hub' modules with multiple attachment nodes for 'corridors'
-Corridor modules
-Specific rooms (e.g. kitchen, dorm, lab, greenhouse)
-Airlock

I was going to do some career mode balance next but having actually had a chance to play KSP recently I realised how boring I find career mode to be compared to sandbox. I'd much rather add more content first. 

These all sound quite intriguing, I'll keep my eye out for updates:)

Second question, it seems as if my docking ports only work at a certain rotation. Is this intentional and if so, how can I make sure to line them up properly? Got all the way up to my station only to realize that my module can't attach the way I need it:blush:

Edit: I figured out I rotated it in the vab to fit it in my cargo bay, got it. I really wish rotation wasn't something I had to watch out for

Edited by Cdw2468

• 2 weeks later...

Little piece of integration config for KeepFit:

Spoiler

@PART[habtech_airlock]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = KeepFitPartModule
		strActivityLevel = CRAMPED
	}
}

@PART[habLong]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = KeepFitPartModule
		strActivityLevel = COMFY
	}
}

@PART[habtech_cupola]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = KeepFitPartModule
	}
}

@PART[habColumbus]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = KeepFitPartModule
		strActivityLevel = COMFY
	}
}

@PART[habJEM]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = KeepFitPartModule
		strActivityLevel = NEUTRAL
	}
}

@PART[habMPLM]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = KeepFitPartModule
	}
}

@PART[habNode]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = KeepFitPartModule
		strActivityLevel = NEUTRAL
	}
}

@PART[habSci]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = KeepFitPartModule
		strActivityLevel = COMFY
	}
}

@PART[habShort]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = KeepFitPartModule
	}
}

//@PART[]
//{
//	MODULE
//	{
//		name = KeepFitPartModule
//		strActivityLevel = CRAMPED NEUTRAL COMFY EXERCISING
//	}
//}

Also it would be great to add some where in IVA training apparatus, exercise bike for example, to keep kerbals fit :)

Quick question

I have currently all the HAB modules I have researched so far in the pic.  

My problem is I cannot exit/enter any of these.

Am I doing something wrong or is the intention that you cannot enter/exit without another part attached?

This becomes a problem when I perform crew rescues, I get to the crew in space only to find that they are effectively stuck in the module because they can't exit.UcEr3hW.jpg

2 hours ago, jebalicious said:

Quick question

I have currently all the HAB modules I have researched so far in the pic.  

My problem is I cannot exit/enter any of these.

Am I doing something wrong or is the intention that you cannot enter/exit without another part attached?

This becomes a problem when I perform crew rescues, I get to the crew in space only to find that they are effectively stuck in the module because they can't exit.UcEr3hW.jpg

Yup, you need an airlock module to EVA crew. You can still transfer them with right-click though. I believe someone posted a link to a mod earlier in the thread which prevents the game spawning parts with no hatches for rescue contracts. 

6 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

I do hope this is still being developed. It's one of my favorite mods.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@benjee10 has says he is busy with real life video work. He'll prolly be back at some point.

Yup! I still have plans for this. Just pretty hectic at the moment. Hopefully one of my animation projects should wrap up in the next couple of days so I will have a little more free time after that and be able to work on some stuff.