[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Soviet Spacecraft (Soyuz/Vostok/Voskhod/LOK/LK/Parom) - 8-26-21

raidernick

• 1 month later...

I'm having trouble with reentry on the Vostok-1.craft - no matter what I do, how steep or shallow my reentry angle, it's going too fast to deploy the parachute, and it crashes. Any suggestions?

The crafts are GORGEOUS tho!!!

EDIT: FIXED> Updated with the latest module manager, modular flight integrator and dev version of FAR. Works beautifully (RSS, RO, Kerbalism ,1.2.2)

@raidernickhaving some weird problems in 1.2.2 with the soyuz crafts. The aero center seems to be at the base of the VAB for every part. J63qZEo.png

needless to say, this makes reentry difficult. 

I deleted all the mods, and only have the soyuz, and squad parts. I used the RN_SovietSpacecraft_v1.5 variant

For my 1.1.3 install, with the appropriate mod version, it works great. 

Edited by ragusila

4 hours ago, ragusila said:

@raidernickhaving some weird problems in 1.2.2 with the soyuz crafts. The aero center seems to be at the base of the VAB for every part. needless to say, this makes reentry difficult. 

I deleted all the mods, and only have the soyuz, and squad parts. I used the RN_SovietSpacecraft_v1.5 variant

For my 1.1.3 install, with the appropriate mod version, it works great. 

It's not a problem with the mod, I haven't made any changes to the parts between 1.1.3 and 1.2.2. I just updated the reflection dependency that's included with the mod. That part doesn't use reflections so it hasn't changed at all between versions. Can't help you.

Edited by raidernick

2 hours ago, raidernick said:

It's not a problem with the mod, I haven't made any changes to the parts between 1.1.3 and 1.2.2. I just updated the reflection dependency that's included with the mod. That part doesn't use reflections so it hasn't changed at all between versions. Can't help you.

Yeah, not seeing any problems. Soyuz re-entries are right on the mark. A fiery rattle-fest, but that's what you'd expect.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Raidernick, Really enjoying your range of mods and until now I have only used them in sandbox.

I have now started a career mode historical progression with the HP tech tree and am finding the cost of some parts quite high, In that contract pack the first contract is "Sputnik" so I assembled the sputnik probe on the correct R7 variant but the cost of the rocket far exceeds my initial kerbucks balance, an example is the R7 winglet cost is 43500 each, is that an oversight or an intended price?

I can easily adjust the configs myself but I was wondering if you were trying to force a certain order to the gameplay?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, redmonddkgamer said:

At least tell us where to find a Soyuz-TM that works with 1.2.2? I like the look of your works a lot, because it is so accurate in appearance, but it's all... Old.

@DECQhas a Soyuz-TMA for 1.1.3 that is currently being updated to 1.2.2

Hello,

i would like to ask something. The APAS 75 docking port on the soyuz ASTP, does it work with the stock docking port (The clamp o tron) and/or does it work with CXAerospace APAS Passive docking port ?

EDIT : I just tested it (With Hyperedit of course) and it work With the stock clamp o tron one and does not work With CXAerospace APAS port

Thanks in advance

Edited by DiscoveryKSP

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.