[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

34 minutes ago, ZuluDoggy said:

Thanks, I downloaded the patch to see if that will help.  I'll attempt to post some pictures later, but as simply put as I can make it: I'm using a Buffalo rover that has a storage container on it.  I also added 4 of USI's MEU-100-A drills, set to mine metallic ore.  I take the rover to the mining location, drill (which fills the storage container), bring the rover/ore back to my base, and attempt to transfer the ore into KPBS' Metal Ore storage structure.  The transfer into the Metal Ore storage structure is where I'm having problems.

Any help is appreciated, and again, I'll try installing your patch to see if it helps as well.  Now to see if I can get some pictures and post them...

As was mentioned, it sounds like the problem you're running into is that Metal Ore and Metallic Ore are not the same resource. You can't store Metallic Ore in tanks meant for Metal Ore or vice versa. 

1 hour ago, Merkov said:

As was mentioned, it sounds like the problem you're running into is that Metal Ore and Metallic Ore are not the same resource. You can't store Metallic Ore in tanks meant for Metal Ore or vice versa. 

I believe that this is indeed the problem more than anything else.  I've been tinkering with my rover design and replaced the USI drills with the metal ore drill from KPBS.  It won't fill any of the storage tanks (since they only accept 'ore' and not 'metal ore'), but if I run a winch line from the rover directly to KPBS's Metal Ore storage building while the drill is running, the building begins to fill.  Off to see if I can find yet another mod that adds metal ore storage containers...

Thanks for the help folks!  (As I suspected initially, it was my fault... *sigh*)

55 minutes ago, ZuluDoggy said:

I believe that this is indeed the problem more than anything else.  I've been tinkering with my rover design and replaced the USI drills with the metal ore drill from KPBS.  It won't fill any of the storage tanks (since they only accept 'ore' and not 'metal ore'), but if I run a winch line from the rover directly to KPBS's Metal Ore storage building while the drill is running, the building begins to fill.  Off to see if I can find yet another mod that adds metal ore storage containers...

Thanks for the help folks!  (As I suspected initially, it was my fault... *sigh*)

I was suggesting my mod because it adds Metallic Ore storage containers in the KPBS size.  If you need metal ore, I suggest you look at Keridian Dynamics.  (Metal Ore is basically an EL resource, so you need to look for parts that specifically augment EL.

I'm missing parts that I really want to use. Mainly the cupola module, the habitat module, the science lab etc, but I looked in the folders and it appears that they're all in there just not in the game. Do I need another mod for these to activate? - Nevermind I figured it out I forgot I was playing in career mode I hadn't unlocked the parts yet

Edited by sadphonics
Problem Fixed

20 hours ago, DStaal said:

I was suggesting my mod because it adds Metallic Ore storage containers in the KPBS size.  If you need metal ore, I suggest you look at Keridian Dynamics.  (Metal Ore is basically an EL resource, so you need to look for parts that specifically augment EL.

Thanks for the recommend.  I just d/l'd it.  One would think that there would be more containers out there that can be configured to hold metal ore.  I have your mod running as well but as you noted it adds metallic ore storage containers instead of metal ore.  Ah well, what's another mod between friends?  :-)

5 hours ago, sadphonics said:

I'm missing parts that I really want to use. Mainly the cupola module, the habitat module, the science lab etc, but I looked in the folders and it appears that they're all in there just not in the game. Do I need another mod for these to activate? - Nevermind I figured it out I forgot I was playing in career mode I hadn't unlocked the parts yet

Lol thats as bad as me opening a GM ticket in STO because i couldnt retrieve an item from ingame mail system and forgetting you can only do that if you access mail from a mail console and not from the mail icon in the ui

Edited by stali79

Many MKS parts have "ground tethering" which stops sliding and jitters in ground structures. If you aren't opposed to adding another mod, sticking an MKS part onto your base and "tethering" it (no actual connection is graphically represented) is a good solution to sliding.

On 4/7/2017 at 1:33 AM, JayPee said:

hmmm.  it seems like my base is oh-so-slowly sliding down a hill?  slope is maybe 1 or 2 %

How do I stop this?

3 hours ago, JayPee said:

okay.  Semi-related question:

Is there a way to use the square concrete pads that come with KPBS to mitigate this problem / is this expressly what they're for?

If you don't want the gargantuan part pack that is MKS you can use AirPark to freeze your vessels above the ground. The game won't perform physics calculations on parked vessels until you unpark them.
As for the concrete pads, they're meant to be stored in KIS containers, then attached to the ground next to your base, at which point you use KAS's EVA struts to tether your base to them. They're your more permanent, aesthetically pleasing option for attaching things to the ground, whereas Airpark is meant for mobile bases, ISRU landers and airships - things that are parked for long stretches of time but not forever.

Edited by wadusher1

No, the KAS struts only let you strengthen the connection between two parts of the same vessel. Since the pad and the base are not connected, you can't use the struts that way. Now, you could use a KAS pipe instead, since those allow you to link two vessels together. 

2 minutes ago, Merkov said:

No, the KAS struts only let you strengthen the connection between two parts of the same vessel. Since the pad and the base are not connected, you can't use the struts that way. Now, you could use a KAS pipe instead, since those allow you to link two vessels together. 

Oh. Yeah I normally use the pipes myself - I don't think I used the struts before. :rolleyes:

The pipes are fairly good structural pieces as well. :) 

Edited by wadusher1

8 hours ago, Merkov said:

@JayPee Here's how to do it. You cannot strut two different vessels together. What you CAN do is connected them via the KIS/KAS piping first. That will then make the two crafts ''one'' at which point you can then link them with the struts. Behold:

EV9hKkP.jpg
H26fbld.jpg
b54SGrI.jpg

Edited by Calvin_Maclure

Im getting a "freeze" during loading on one of the extraplanetary launchpad modules. I'd post a log, but the game doesn't actually crash so there is no log. It just sits there forever on the loading screen. Screenshot below.

Edit: problem fixed by redownloading and reinstalling ksp

Edited by Justinjah91
Problem solved

14 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

post a link to your KSP.log

I just saw your reply after I completely read downloaded Kerbal Space Program and reinstalled all the mods. Everything's working now, so I'm guessing I just had a corrupted download.

I know this mod probably isn't aiming for aerodynamics, but wanted to share some weird stuff indicating some of the parts aren't the same size
(sorry if this is a known issue, I admit, I didn't read this whole thread)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=913048723

the fuel tank connected to the small adapter should probably be both YP=0 and YN=0 (shows YP=.1, which is pretty close)
then the service bay attached to that fuel tank is the same size but has YP=.53
the K&K drill attached to the service bay is fine (YP and YN 0)
but then it gets super nasty with the storage unit.. not only is the first item on the storage stack showing like it's in front, but the next item is also showing the same.  Probably because they are connecting on "X" instead of "Y"

again, I know it's not an aerodynamic part pack, just wanted to share this data.  
I may try to tweak the storage units to work like a cargo bay for YN/YP -- but try to keep XP, ZP, and ZN.. erm somehow..

8 minutes ago, Verios44 said:

I am interested in trying this base mod out. Is there any compatability issues with USI MKS? 

No issues. Right now it just has USI-ls compatibility so no mks manufacturing stuff in KPBS form factor. There is a compatibility project which you can see at the link below.