RSS Constellations | Solar System Discussion

Andi K.

Just now, The-Doctor said:

Is it more Earthlike?

Well, yeah, it is more Earth-like (Water, y'know).

Though 1061d does have the advantage of having actual land.

Also, yeah, water could be mined.

Well, not 'mined', but 'taken from underground pockets', because you can't really 'mine' a liquid. nTTYEdB.png

10 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Well, yeah, it is more Earth-like (Water, y'know).

Though 1061d does have the advantage of having actual land.

Also, yeah, water could be mined.

Well, not 'mined', but 'taken from underground pockets', because you can't really 'mine' a liquid. nTTYEdB.png

It's a water world right? I think that's why I ruled against it

33 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

What does that even mean? Lol

I would say that temperature is a pretty significant factor in determining planet habitability. In terms of that, none of the 82 G. Eridani planets have suitable temperatures for human beings. Saying that Wolf 1061 d is habitable is equivalent to saying that Titan is habitable. I also wouldn't count on Wold 1061 c being Earth-like for very long. It is actually more likely that Wolf 1061 c is molten due to tidal forces.

1 minute ago, electricpants said:

Yeah, but it has polar ice caps, so you can land on it.

Not ideal for a colony

1 minute ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I would say that temperature is a pretty significant factor in determining planet habitability. In terms of that, none of the 82 G. Eridani planets have suitable temperatures for human beings. Saying that Wolf 1061 d is habitable is equivalent to saying that Titan is habitable. I also wouldn't count on Wold 1061 c being Earth-like for very long. It is actually more likely that Wolf 1061 c is molten due to tidal forces.

Wolf C has land and I landed, it's safe, plus has breathable air. 1061 C is ok, it's like Mars, it will be the colony without breathable air, making it the most dangerous

1 minute ago, The-Doctor said:

Not ideal for a colony

Wolf C has land and I landed, it's safe, plus has breathable air. 1061 C is ok, it's like Mars, it will be the colony without breathable air, making it the most dangerous

What I'm saying is that I need to change Wolf 1061 c to be a molten planet, so any bases you make there are going to be destroyed.

3 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I also wouldn't count on Wold 1061 c being Earth-like for very long. It is actually more likely that Wolf 1061 c is molten due to tidal forces.

Well, Wolf 1061 is relatively large compared to most red dwarfs, and 1061c looks rather far away, so if tidal forces are even that strong near it, it should still stay habitable for a long while.

Though it's orbit is rather eccentric, so my points could very well be void because of that.

Just now, electricpants said:

Well, Wolf 1061 is relatively large compared to most red dwarfs, and 1061c looks rather far away, so if tidal forces are even that strong near it, it should still stay habitable for a long while.

Though it's orbit is rather eccentric, so my points could very well be void because of that.

Yes, that is why they suspect that Wolf 1061 c is molten, because of how eccentric its orbit is.

2 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Yes, that is why they suspect that Wolf 1061 c is molten, because of how eccentric its orbit is.

What about 1061d?

It's orbit is even more eccentric, and it's further away.

So maybe change 1061d to what 1061c originally was, a waterworld.

Just now, electricpants said:

What about 1061d?

It's orbit is even more eccentric, and it's further away.

So maybe change 1061d to what 1061c originally was, a waterworld.

Good idea! Wasn't a huge fan of Wolf 1061 d's texture anyways.

Sorry for the absence,was writing a verse for a song I'm working on, still not yet done with it and gotta write a second by next week lol. So planet D will be a waterworld now? That's making things very hard now, so Wolf won't have any habitable worlds? :( I like the name wolf, I already named the worlds Bear (Planet B), Coyote (Planet D) and Eagle (Planet C) :( 

11 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Sorry for the absence,was writing a verse for a song I'm working on, still not yet done with it and gotta write a second by next week lol. So planet D will be a waterworld now? That's making things very hard now, so Wolf won't have any habitable worlds? :( I like the name wolf, I already named the worlds Bear (Planet B), Coyote (Planet D) and Eagle (Planet C) :( 

Well, I'm pretty sure there will be ice caps like the old 1061c, right @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.