26 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Oh he reviewed RSS Extrasolar? I didn't know that until just now. But yeah I agree on everything you said. It would've been nice if he waited a little bit to review both RSS Extrasolar and regular Extrasolar. The RSS version is only in 0.3.0 and like you said, the original extrasolar has come so far and is almost in beta!

Well, if Kottabos has re-reviewed Cacteye Telescopes, then he'll re-review BOTH Extrasolars eventually. :wink:

I just came up with what I think is a really good idea. What if I made this mod compatible with Distance Object Enhancement, so you could see the stars in the night sky from Earth? With that I could even make visible constellations that you could actually visit! Do you guys think that's an interesting idea?

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

Intresting Mod, I wasn't even aware it existed or is even possible. I add some configuration entries which will allow you to harvest resources from Extrasolar planets in this mod. I would be helpfull if some educated geuss of their composition be made.

Although KSPI has long distance FTL drive, they are only avaialble at the end of the technology tree. Note that KSPI-E also contains a  Magnetic nozzle which can reach very HIgh Isp, which should be enough to reach Alpha centaury, but it would require about 100 years

I plan to add  additional tech between KSPI-E Magnetic Nozzle and KSPI FTL. Therefore I want to add a Deadlus Engine which will use D-He3 fusion to reach a significant portion of light speed, enough speed to reach neighbour within 25 years. Therefore I would like to request to add more nearby starsystems, that way we can travel to another star in slower then light speed in a reasonable time (within a life time).

By the way has anyone managed  to reach the extra solar star using KSPI-E warp engine?

I would advice a new XI Core Fusion reactor with 2 Heavy FTL drives, and a large quantity of p-B propellant which is cheap easy to store and a-neutronic, which is important for long distance travel as neutrons will damage the reactor over time.

Edited by FreeThinker

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Intresting Mod, I wasn't even aware it existed or is even possible. I add some configuration entries which will allow you to harvest resources from Extrasolar planets in this mod. I would be helpfull if some educated geuss of their composition be made.

Although KSPI has long distance FTL drive, they are only avaialble at the end of the technology tree. Note that KSPI-E also contains a  Magnetic nozzle which can reach very HIgh Isp, which should be enough to reach Alpha centaury, but it would require about 100 years

I plan to add  additional tech between KSPI-E Magnetic Nozzle and KSPI FTL. Therefore I want to add a Deadlus Engine which will use D-He3 fusion to reach a significant portion of light speed, enough speed to reach neighbour within 25 years. Therefore I would like to request to add more nearby starsystems, that way we can travel to another star in slower then light speed in a reasonable time (within a life time).

By the way has anyone managed  to reach the extra solar star using KSPI-E warp engine?

I would advice a new XI Core Fusion reactor with 2 Heavy FTL drives, and a large quantity of p-B propellant which is cheap easy to store and a-neutronic, which is important for long distance travel as neutrons will damage the reactor over time.

New star systems that are closer are definitely on the way. By the way, I had to scale down the distances by a factor of 10 to prevent spacecraft from spontaneously exploding. So instead of a star system being 130 light years away, it would be around 13 light years away. I'm not sure if that is of any value to you. I'll send you a message detailing the rough composition of the planets.

3 hours ago, Toonu said:

Yesterday I looked for RSS outer planets/planetary systems! And today! Wow! Someone made it! I'll put into my GameData as soon as possible. Great job!

Ave!

Toonu

Thanks! (Insert cliche appreciative phrase here).

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

3 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Where's the screenshots for the Tau Ceti system?

They were originally in the same album as HD 10180. I just changed that to make it clear which systems each of the bodies are from.

8 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures What's that icy object at the end of the album? Is it Tau Ceti f or a moon of Tau Ceti e?

The icy planet at the end is Tau Ceti f.

Just now, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

They were originally in the same album as HD 10180. I just changed that to make it clear which systems each of the bodies are from.

The icy planet at the end is Tau Ceti f.

I'm guessing Tau Ceti e is a warm/hot terra. And does f have an atmosphere?

Edited by Spaceception

Just now, Spaceception said:

I'm guessing Tau Ceti e is a warm/hot terra.

Yes. It is in the inner half of the Habitable Zone, so its pretty hot compared to Earth.

• 2 weeks later...

That mod isn't working for me. In career mode all vessels in the influence of the sun are thinking they're in the influence of Sagittarius*A. So I cant use the advanced transfer to planets anymore. Any vessel is trying to fly out of Sagittarius to the Sun system. :P 

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:01 AM, TCBlacksheep said:

That mod isn't working for me. In career mode all vessels in the influence of the sun are thinking they're in the influence of Sagittarius*A. So I cant use the advanced transfer to planets anymore. Any vessel is trying to fly out of Sagittarius to the Sun system. :P 

I know its kind of weird. Maneuver nodes and all of that don't work at long distances. You basically have to just aim your spacecraft at about a third the speed of light (there are a bunch of warp drive mods out there) towards the star in orbit around Earth.

RSS Extrasolar (along with regular Extrasolar) work perfectly with KSP 1.1. No updates have come out for a while because I've been waiting for RSS and Kopernicus to be updated for 1.1. I will try to finish most of the Tau Ceti system by the end of this month.

2 minutes ago, berkekrkn said:

and where can we get delta V chart ?

I don't think anyone has made one yet. If I were to make one, I would need Hyperedit, which doesn't seem to be working properly for me.

On 28.03.2016 at 6:33 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I just came up with what I think is a really good idea. What if I made this mod compatible with Distance Object Enhancement, so you could see the stars in the night sky from Earth? With that I could even make visible constellations that you could actually visit! Do you guys think that's an interesting idea?

Great idea for amazing mod!

Edited by JtHermit

4 minutes ago, JtHermit said:

Great idea for amazing mod!

I tried doing it and it didn't work out too well. The stars are so far away and I don't think you can change the distance at which they are seen.

2 hours ago, Table said:

I'm suggesting another system, 

1SWASP J140747.93-394542.6 SYSTEM

It has only one planet, called j1407b, it has a huge ring system.

Large rings are kind of glitchy. Sorry!