@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I found the research paper about 82 G. Eridani published this month, and it looks like there may be as much as SIX planets orbiting the star.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1705.05124.pdf

The parameters for the three confirmed planets have been updated and constrained as well. It turns out that planet D is in the Optimistic Habitable zone with a temperature around 318*K. Based on its mass (almost 5 times that of Earth) and the star's low metal content, I think this world is actually an ocean planet!

48 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I found the research paper about 82 G. Eridani published this month, and it looks like there may be as much as SIX planets orbiting the star.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1705.05124.pdf

The parameters for the three confirmed planets have been updated and constrained as well. It turns out that planet D is in the Optimistic Habitable zone with a temperature around 318*K. Based on its mass (almost 5 times that of Earth) and the star's low metal content, I think this world is actually an ocean planet!

Confirmed planets only! That is, until I create that expansion I've been talking about. I generally go by the conservative habitable zone rather than the optimistic one.

On 5/24/2017 at 7:56 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Confirmed planets only! That is, until I create that expansion I've been talking about. I generally go by the conservative habitable zone rather than the optimistic one.

For certain types of planets (ocean worlds) and planets around red dwarfs, I take into account to optimistic zone. It's a lot more forgiving with the two examples I just mentioned.

RSS doesn't appear to like this mod.

Whenever I load both of them, it doesn't work and none of the planets, stars, or moons of RSS/RSS Constellations are loaded.

Here's the output_log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5KO_W-swenra0dkaFVVcnh1OUk

My modlist is:

Spoiler

Constellations
Dimensions
Kopernicus
ModularFlightIntegrator
RealSolarSystem + Textures

(Note: I have ALL the optionals for RSS Constellations in the mod folder, and I deleted ALL the original folders for those 'optional' star systems)

Edited by electricpants

20 minutes ago, Scotskerb said:

I'm going to guess that the culprit is Dimensions.

Yes, but I'm nowhere near good enough at KSP to play RSS with stock parts, and I don't have enough knowledge of IRL fuels or engines etc. to play with RO.

So Sigma Dimensions is the only way I can play RSS or an other planet pack that depends on it.

2 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Yes, but I'm nowhere near good enough at KSP to play RSS with stock parts, and I don't have enough knowledge of IRL fuels or engines etc. to play with RO.

So Sigma Dimensions is the only way I can play RSS or an other planet pack that depends on it.

Well, RO has several guides on its forum thread, including how to fly spacecraft with RSS and RF.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:12 PM, electricpants said:

RSS doesn't appear to like this mod.

Whenever I load both of them, it doesn't work and none of the planets, stars, or moons of RSS/RSS Constellations are loaded.

Here's the output_log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5KO_W-swenra0dkaFVVcnh1OUk

My modlist is:

Hide contents

Constellations
Dimensions
Kopernicus
ModularFlightIntegrator
RealSolarSystem + Textures

(Note: I have ALL the optionals for RSS Constellations in the mod folder, and I deleted ALL the original folders for those 'optional' star systems)

You are not supposed to delete the original folders for the optional star systems. That is your problem. Follow the directions in the "Read Me Before Installing!.txt" file. By the way, in that file, there is a typo. It is supposed to read on the first line: "To install the planetary systems *copy* their folder in the following directory:"

On 4/16/2017 at 1:57 PM, Scotskerb said:

BTW I was reconfiguring the stars in this mod to have real-life distances (instead of the 1/10 scale that you did), and I can't seem to find any real config file for the GJ 570 System. Can you help me out here?

On 4/16/2017 at 3:14 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Haven't added the GJ 570 system. The txt files you see there are placeholders. Also, do not change the distance to be real life scale. You'll summon the kraken. :D

On 4/16/2017 at 3:18 PM, Scotskerb said:

You're sure it's not just your computer? I'd like to test this myself.

On 4/16/2017 at 3:19 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

No it is definitely not my computer.

On 4/16/2017 at 3:20 PM, Scotskerb said:

I'd still like to test it myself.

On 4/16/2017 at 3:22 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

You can if you want. If you launch a vessel and then go to the map view and zoom out far enough, your vessel will spontaneously explode.

On 4/16/2017 at 3:31 PM, Scotskerb said:

Well, I'm going to test it. If it goes well, do you mind if I post the reconfigured version up here?

On 4/16/2017 at 3:36 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

sure

You're right. It did explode. However, I was able to safely zoom out far enough to easily see all the stars. Therefore, all that's needed is a warning to not zoom out all the way, which, unfortunately, I did not take the time to include in the folder. Anyway, here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y792417h49u5g6s/Constellations 2.1.2 Real Distances.zip?dl=0

22 hours ago, Scotskerb said:

You're right. It did explode. However, I was able to safely zoom out far enough to easily see all the stars. Therefore, all that's needed is a warning to not zoom out all the way, which, unfortunately, I did not take the time to include in the folder. Anyway, here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y792417h49u5g6s/Constellations 2.1.2 Real Distances.zip?dl=0

Problem is, I don't want people to use that version and then come complaining when they have issues with having such huge distances. Plus, I won't be updating this alternate version because I know it causes problems.

On 6/3/2017 at 4:01 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Problem is, I don't want people to use that version and then come complaining when they have issues with having such huge distances. Plus, I won't be updating this alternate version because I know it causes problems.

Well, what you could do is edit the top post and put a link to my post accompanied by a warning. Also, I can take your updates and reconfigure them into updates to the one I made.

3 hours ago, Scotskerb said:

Well, what you could do is edit the top post and put a link to my post accompanied by a warning. Also, I can take your updates and reconfigure them into updates to the one I made.

If you want to do that, that is all right. Alternatively, you can simply make a Sigma Dimensions cfg so you only have to update it when I add new bodies.You could even do some module manager magic that would scale the distance of all bodies that are beyond a certain distance. That way, you wouldn't have to update it all all.

17 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

If you want to do that, that is all right. Alternatively, you can simply make a Sigma Dimensions cfg so you only have to update it when I add new bodies.You could even do some module manager magic that would scale the distance of all bodies that are beyond a certain distance. That way, you wouldn't have to update it all all.

Well, based on a conversation I had with electricpants, I don't think Sigma Dimensions likes your mod. I'm fine with updating it every time.

27 minutes ago, Scotskerb said:

Well, based on a conversation I had with electricpants, I don't think Sigma Dimensions likes your mod.

And why would that be?

Edited by FreeThinker

5 hours ago, Scotskerb said:

Well, based on a conversation I had with electricpants, I don't think Sigma Dimensions likes your mod. I'm fine with updating it every time.

No, I just installed the Optionals wrong, that's why.

SD works fine now, trust me.

18 hours ago, Scotskerb said:

Yeah, like @electricpants just said, Sigma Dimensions works 100% with Constellations. I've tried it before.

Working on that exomoon expansion I promised! Here's a screenshot of what is planned to be a moon of HD 10180 g:

RuC7ZQF.png

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

3 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

I feel like this is more polished then most other stock solar system mods I really enjoy this mod keep the great work up. :)

Thank you! I have a lot of — probably too much — time on my hands so that helps. :P

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures The fourth planet of 82 G. Eridani has just been confirmed! The new planetary parameters listed in the research paper I linked to a few weeks back are now the new legitimate values. However, the original planet D is now named E, and the 330 day planet is now designated D. Very confusing.