2 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

79 billion km is only 528 AU though. That is not very far (relatively).

Alright, how about 1/25th real scale? That would make Proxima about 1.6 trillion km distant.

17 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Alright, how about 1/25th real scale? That would make Proxima about 1.6 trillion km distant.

We'll see. Let me just sort out v2.0 first and then I'll think about what the scale should be.

UPDATE FOR CONSTELLATIONS (April 3, 2017)

Finally I've been able to get this update through! In this version of Constellations, the TRAPPIST-1 and Kepler-1229 systems have been added, as you've probably seen in previous posts. Just to clarify, all of the planets in the TRAPPIST-1 are the planets in the stock solar system. Obviously, I do not take credit for the texturing on those planets :P. Kepler-1229b is the first inhabited planet I've added into this mod. In the future, I might add city lights, or other signs of intelligent life living on Kepler-1229b. In the next couple of days, I am going to release a small update that will add more descriptions for stars and exoplanets that don't have them, and make the sun flares more realistic, as I think the ones I'm currently using are unrealistically dramatic. Hope you enjoy this update! Here's the list of changes:

• Added the TRAPPIST-1 System
  • Added the Kepler-1229 System
  • Fixed stellar distances
  • Tweaked some scatterer configs

NOTE: THIS VERSION OF CONSTELLATIONS DISTRIBUTES A MODIFIED VERSION OF RSSVE. ALL CREDIT IS GIVEN TO @Phineas Freak FOR THE VISUALS INSIDE OF EARTH'S SOLAR SYSTEM.

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

So I'm trying to mod my own custom system(not for release as a mod just for my personal playthrough) and I've come to a point where I can modify planets orbits in the configs but everytime I try to edit a planet texture I run into issues. I modify the dds with gimp and it ends up reverting the textures to all white in game. In the file location the dds files don't show a preview. I am wondering how to fix this problem. Any help is appreciated.

6 hours ago, Starcow19 said:

So I'm trying to mod my own custom system(not for release as a mod just for my personal playthrough) and I've come to a point where I can modify planets orbits in the configs but everytime I try to edit a planet texture I run into issues. I modify the dds with gimp and it ends up reverting the textures to all white in game. In the file location the dds files don't show a preview. I am wondering how to fix this problem. Any help is appreciated.

Post your config file here and make sure all of the file directories are correct.

1 hour ago, Uaessuor said:

I love this mod really ! Thank you for your amazing job. Do you will create a new CVO now ?

(i'm french so, worry for mistakes)

Thank you for your compliments! :D CVO is now packaged with Constellations.

By the way don't worry about your English. :wink: 

1 hour ago, Uaessuor said:

Ok i found the problem. CKAN didn't instal optionals.

(i had the great surprised, with the mod K-K we can start up to kerbin !! great !!)

Really? That's just as much as a surprise for me too! I nice unintended side effect I guess.

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

yes i did an orbit to kerbin. i was suprised. the star is very big and we need 4000 m/s for a orbit. The second launch pad work on kerbin. we just need parameters the launchpad.

Edited by Uaessuor

Do any of the expplanets have moons? I know that we haven't discovered any moons at this point, but I think that moons, especially around gas giants (Pandora anyone?) would be an excellent addition. I understand that there's a desire to only have known bodies, but if we wait for a moon to be discovered, the mod will likely never have any moons. Our tech just can't see moons at that distance, it's  hard enought to see planets. I think fictional (albeit realistic) moons would be preferred to no moons at all.

I still feeling some minor overheating problem.

Its not game-breaking , just some minor heat up near large planets.

But still........ the temperature is indeed higher when I have Constellation installed.

Really strange

On 4/8/2017 at 8:33 AM, Iso-Polaris said:

I still feeling some minor overheating problem.

Its not game-breaking , just some minor heat up near large planets.

But still........ the temperature is indeed higher when I have Constellation installed.

Really strange

Yeah I know. Try using Release 2 of Kopernicus instead.

37 minutes ago, Uaessuor said:

Just a color problem of atmosphere. With the CVO I have Venus which is white. :o

Oh yeah I need to work on that. RSSVE doesn't have proper EVE cloud integration for Scatterer (that's why cloud integration is disabled in regular RSSVE and you don't see that problem). I'll fix that up soon.

15 minutes ago, Scotskerb said:

Do the latest versions of Constellations work with earlier versions of KSP?

Hmmm. It might work with 1.1.3 but I'm not confident that it'd work with 1.0.5.

On 10/21/2016 at 1:26 PM, Scotskerb said:

Just a thought: do you suppose there might be a way to make the stars nonmoving rather than orbiting the sun. Basically, each star (including the sun) would have a fixed position and limited SOI. Then you would have the space outside of all SOI's, where the status on your ship says "floating in space" rather than "orbiting the sun" or "on escape trajectory out of the sun". At this point, the navball would still point at the sun, but you would have the option of manually switching it to other stars (or you can wait for your ship to enter the star's SOI, where it'll switch automatically). I'm not sure whether or not this is possible to code into KSP, but could you maybe consider trying this?

I just had an idea! What if you replaced the sun with something that has zero mass and size, and then created a new sun orbiting the object? Then you could have all of the stars orbiting this object. This would work because they would all orbit at 0 m/s, and bodies aren't positioned based on orbital period. Thoughts?

17 hours ago, Scotskerb said:

I just had an idea! What if you replaced the sun with something that has zero mass and size, and then created a new sun orbiting the object? Then you could have all of the stars orbiting this object. This would work because they would all orbit at 0 m/s, and bodies aren't positioned based on orbital period. Thoughts?

Would that crash the game?

17 hours ago, Scotskerb said:

The reason why I use a heliocentric model is because it makes things a million times easier in terms of positioning the stars correctly. Additionally, it is actually inaccurate to have the stars be static. In real life, stars orbit at different distances from the center of the Milky Way, therefore having different orbital velocities.

1 hour ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

therefore having different orbital velocities.

Actually, It's been discovered that all the stars orbit the Milky Way at around the same speed (Including the outermost stars), so only dark matter holds them in orbit. :D

Edited by electricpants

38 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Actually, It's been discovered that all the stars orbit the Milky Way at around the same speed (Including the outermost stars), so only dark matter holds them in orbit. :D

That doesn't make any sense in terms of my knowledge of orbital mechanics. Do you have a source for this info? (not trying to attack you, just curious)

1 minute ago, electricpants said:

Actually, It's been discovered that stars orbit the Milky Way at around the same speed, so only dark matter holds them in orbit. :D

So you are telling me that stars orbit in perfectly circular orbits at the exact same orbital velocity, yet they have different semi-major axes? I don't believe that. Even assuming that they have the same orbital velocity, all stars in the milky way would have to orbit perfectly circular in order for there to be no relative motion going on, and stars don't orbit perfectly circular.

3 hours ago, Hypercosmic said:

Would that crash the game?

Not that I'm aware.

3 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

The reason why I use a heliocentric model is because it makes things a million times easier in terms of positioning the stars correctly. Additionally, it is actually inaccurate to have the stars be static. In real life, stars orbit at different distances from the center of the Milky Way, therefore having different orbital velocities.

However, they do not orbit our sun, either. The static model would still be more accurate than the heliocentric model.