On 5/9/2017 at 4:20 PM, Spaceception said:

I think you still have to keep your finger on the Alt key however.

Nope!

I've done it before, and it worked without me having to hold down Alt. :P

Also, @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures, is it possible for me to scale the planets and their orbits down 10x and make the stars proportional to Kerbol and have it run correctly?

Because I'm NOWHERE near good enough to play with RSS on, but the planets in this pack look amazing and I really want to visit them.

10 hours ago, electricpants said:

Nope!

I've done it before, and it worked without me having to hold down Alt. :P

Also, @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures, is it possible for me to scale the planets and their orbits down 10x and make the stars proportional to Kerbol and have it run correctly?

Because I'm NOWHERE near good enough to play with RSS on, but the planets in this pack look amazing and I really want to visit them.

Sigma Dimensions would probably do the trick for you. The cloud detail textures might not look right at the smaller scale, so you might have to tweak that a little.

32 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Sigma Dimensions would probably do the trick for you. The cloud detail textures might not look right at the smaller scale, so you might have to tweak that a little.

But I'm pretty sure SD will also scale down the stock planets to make them toy solar system size!

(Also I don't have to worry about cloud details because I don't use EVE or scatterer because they would kill my toaster)

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:04 AM, electricpants said:

But I'm pretty sure SD will also scale down the stock planets to make them toy solar system size!

(Also I don't have to worry about cloud details because I don't use EVE or scatterer because they would kill my toaster)

?

That doesn't make sense. You want to scale down all of the planets, right? Stock planets are only in the TRAPPIST-1 system, and those are scaled up to the size of the TRAPPIST-1 planets, so SD would not make them extremely tiny.

Just now, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

?

That doesn't make sense. You want to scale down all of the planets, right? Stock planets are only in the TRAPPIST-1 system, and those are scaled up to the size of the TRAPPIST-1 planets, so SD would not make them extremely tiny.

Oh, I thought you could use stock KSP + RSSC, but I guess you need RSS + RSSC in order for it to work?

(I'll try doing that rescale now!)

Just now, electricpants said:

Oh, I thought you could use stock KSP + RSSC, but I guess you need RSS + RSSC in order for it to work?

(I'll try doing that rescale now!)

Yeah you do. That is why it is called RSS Constellations :P

9 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

The TRAPPIST-1 system in RSSC is the stock Kerbol system.

Not entirely the stock system, Jool is now an ocean planet, as I've seen.

Also, you should add the planet(s) of Epsilon Eridani.

Planet b is mostly accepted to exist, while planet c is still debatable.

19 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Hi! i already downloaded this mod and i was cheking the planets When this hapend

Edit: this is happening to almost all stars

This is a problem that is only in the tracking station. In general, when it comes to kopernicus planet packs, do not assume that because there is a bug in the tracking station that the mod doesn't work.

16 hours ago, AR3S_TGL said:

Could you make the Solar System from real life and be able to travel to it as Kerbol is the Trappist system?

Yes. Because this requires RSS, the solar system in here is the solar system in real life that we all know and love. :)

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:43 PM, electricpants said:

Not entirely the stock system, Jool is now an ocean planet, as I've seen.

Also, you should add the planet(s) of Epsilon Eridani.

Planet b is mostly accepted to exist, while planet c is still debatable.

Not totally sure what I want to do with Epsilon Eridani and its planets. I have kind of broken my own rules by adding unconfirmed planets around Tau Ceti, so I guess what's the harm in adding just one more unconfirmed planet?

4 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

just one more unconfirmed planet

Not yet, lol :wink:

Alpha Centauri B has 1 unconfirmed planet, Alpha Centauri Bc, discovered after the debunked Alpha Centauri Bb.

In fact, what's the harm in adding in ALL unconfirmed planets to stars you've so far added? :)

Edited by electricpants

Not yet, lol :wink:

Alpha Centauri B has 1 unconfirmed planet, Alpha Centauri Bc, discovered after the debunked Alpha Centauri Bb.

In fact, what's the harm in adding in ALL unconfirmed planets to stars you've so far added?

How about this, I will create two optional "expansions" to Constellations. One will add exomoons, and the other will add unconfirmed planets? How does that sound?

Just now, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

exomoons,  unconfirmed planets

Yes. :D

(Only if you have the time and/or effort to do it, though)

Also, are you keeping the Tau Ceti planets or moving them to the 'unconfirmed planets' expansion?

3 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

If only we all had an infinite amount of this. But alas...

If only...

Also (I'm assuming this), if you like Gliese 667C(c), why not add it into Constellations sometime in the future? :)

(oh the irony, i just suggested something that takes time and effort)

Edited by electricpants

If only...

Also (I'm assuming this), if you like Gliese 667C(c), why not add it into Constellations sometime in the future? :)

I only wanted to add GJ 667Cc because the idea of having a habitable world with three different stars seemed amazing and interesting. However, the reality was that GJ 667Cc is likely molten or extremely hot, stretched by the unrelenting tidal forces caused by its eccentric orbital path. Not very fun.

3 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Not very fun.

I think it would be.

imagine all the sacrifices i could make to the kraken

But there are a few unconfirmed worlds in the habitable zone around GJ 667C, so maybe add those into that unconfirmed planets expansion for this mod?

Edited by electricpants

I think it would be.

imagine all the sacrifices i could make to the kraken

But there are a few unconfirmed worlds in the habitable zone around GJ 667C, so maybe add those into that unconfirmed planets expansion for this mod?

Possibly.

Okay, although I was planning on creating some compatibility between RSSC and Kerbalism, it doesn't look like that is working out. The magnetic fields point towards the Sun no matter what and it doesn't look like I can fix that. I know it is a cosmetic issue, but if I create compatibility with Kerbalism, I want it to look right.

UPDATE FOR CONSTELLATIONS (May 20, 2017)

This update does not add any new planets, but does add some much needed compatibility and minor fixes. Don't worry! Next update will be much more exciting. I plan on creating an exomoons expansion for RSSC which will add dozens of exomoons throughout the Universe. Obviously, this will take me a while, so don't hold your breath. Here is the change list:

• Changed sunflares (again)
  • Updated ResearchBodies support
  • Custom asteroids support
  • Installation modularity
  • Updated CRP configs
  • Fixed Venus scatterer configs some more
  • Added descriptions for bodies that didn't have them