(4/9/2017) [1.2.x] v0.6: Revamped Stock Solar System

• 2 weeks later...

i know u r pros with ksp modding... do u know if location of landed spacecraft is saved just by coordinates or does it save altitude too? im asking this because this mod significantly changes altitude maps and if altitude is saved landed ships may be clipped under the ground or appear hundrends of metres above the ground

5 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

i know u r pros with ksp modding... do u know if location of landed spacecraft is saved just by coordinates or does it save altitude too? im asking this because this mod significantly changes altitude maps and if altitude is saved landed ships may be clipped under the ground or appear hundrends of metres above the ground

Position of spacecraft in-game saves altitude as well.

Is there a way to get only one planet? Whole pack is doing strange things on my PC and i play heavly modded so it is hard to determined what is really going on but i love the Duna look

Ok i found Duna restoration project

Edited by Karamon

• 3 weeks later...

was jool's atmosphere height changed? because on my recent jool mission i planned to do a capture without aerobraking and simply burn with the main engine about 400km above it. but when i reached periapsis (380km) spacecraft suddenly overheated. it wasnt design to take any reentry heat so if there is an atmosphere, it would break as soon as it enters it. is it possible that some instrument caused it or was jool's atmosphere configured so it would start at >400km? 

On 12/1/2016 at 4:40 PM, notJebKerman said:

ive asked similar question few posts ago but still... can changes in altitude map destroy ur vessels or will they be moved to correct altitude and not be destroyed?

I believe they should be fine if it's just one or two ships.

On 12/21/2016 at 3:17 PM, notJebKerman said:

was jool's atmosphere height changed? because on my recent jool mission i planned to do a capture without aerobraking and simply burn with the main engine about 400km above it. but when i reached periapsis (380km) spacecraft suddenly overheated. it wasnt design to take any reentry heat so if there is an atmosphere, it would break as soon as it enters it. is it possible that some instrument caused it or was jool's atmosphere configured so it would start at >400km? 

Jool's atmo height and gravity was changed, and the new height should be visible in the little infobox in the map view.

Edited by GregroxMun

Is there perchance a 64k rescale patch for this pack? I've tried Sigma Dimensions and it works, but because it just scales up automatically, a lot of Kerbin's (and I imagine other bodies') terrain features are much taller than they ought to be, even for a rescale. A custom patch would work much better I imagine.

6 hours ago, Sahadara said:

Is there perchance a 64k rescale patch for this pack? I've tried Sigma Dimensions and it works, but because it just scales up automatically, a lot of Kerbin's (and I imagine other bodies') terrain features are much taller than they ought to be, even for a rescale. A custom patch would work much better I imagine.

Sigma Dimensions has a "landscape" variable which controls the terrain height multiplier.

8 hours ago, Sahadara said:

Ah. I'll give this a try as soon as I can. Thanks!

In particular, the default landscape value (1) means that terrain height is multiplied by the rescale value. You can set it to the reciprocal of your rescale (reciprocal of 6.4 is 0.15625) to return terrain heights to normal, but things might be a bit flat at that scale, so you should adjust to taste.

Edited by Spheniscine

Further Plans for RevSSS.

• Minor Moons:
    • Mix: Little white moon of Eeloo. Physical characteristics based from Plutonian Outer Satellites.
    • Gilly: Slightly darker color scheme.
    • Rimos: Dark grey little moon of Duna and Ike. Orbital characteristics based from Plutonian Outer Satellites.
  • Joolean Moon Orbits:
    • Moved to the default starting orbits used by Principia, with semi-major axis multiplied by 2. (Broken out of the dangerous resonance)
      • This accounts for the increase in mass of Jool, as well as makes the system look a little more Jovian.
  • Resize all Joolean Satellites back to their former radii as a starting point.
    • The unique thing about the Joolean system has been its oversized moons.
    • I think a possible point that keeps people away from the mod is how it changes the Jool system so much. A Jool-5 (Well, Jool-8) challenge in RevSSS 0.5 would be a bit more boring for sure.
    • The old smaller Joolean system will be available as an optional config, and will still be the default option if I ever get around to DecaKerbol. I haven't forgotten the "realism" aspect of the mod, I've merely decided to suspend it by default for the Joolean system.
  • A New Revamp for Tylo
    • Modify and refurbish heightmap.
    • Whiten up terrain again. It was too dark before.
    • Remove high-contrasting dark terrain. (Iapetus got its from dark material from Phoebe causing a runaway sublimation effect. The closest thing to that would possibly be Vall, but Vall's blue color isn't exactly going to look very good against Tylo's white.)
    • Make larger than Kerbin but with lower mass. (It's now an ice/silicate body instead of an ice/iron body.)
  • A New Revamp for Eeloo
    • Mix of cellular terrain and floating mountain features of Pluto with the smooth and cracked terrain of Europa.
    • Whiter terrain with red/brown scratches and brown highlands.
  • A New Revamp for Mun
    • Make the big craters into flattened maria on the near side.
    • Brighter, more cratered far side.
    • More canyon biomes, acting as the "rift valleys" of the Moon.
    • Less brown than the current revamp.
  • Cloud Pack for E.V.E.
    • Eve: Complete pinkish/brown cloud cover.
    • Kerbin: Hand-made (Non-photographic) Cloud Map.
      • Unless I can't make it look good. In that case, it would just be support for the normal expected earth-based cloud map.
    • Duna: Lower brown dust clouds, upper white whisps of water ice clouds.
    • Jool: Lower green layer and upper white layer, with counter-rotating cloud zones.
    • Laythe: Dense grey/white cloud cover, obscuring much of the ocean. Potential dark brown ash clouds held static at volcanic sites.
      • Optional "clear skies" version
      • If possible, a constant rain effect would be nice.
        • Canonically, acid rain. Obviously.
    • Vall: Cryovolcanism Effect derived from KSPRC Eeloo.
    • Eeloo: Ditto, with increased effect compared to Vall.

I may never get these done though. :/ 

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really great planet pack. I'm making my own pack which edits the stock system to make it more like the real life one. Am I allowed to include edits to this pack, as in configs that would load later and change orbits of certain objects? I assume the answer is yes, but your mod isn't liscenced so I have to ask.

Edited by fenderzilla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MysterySloth said:

I have a small request. You don't have to add it but, add a second moon to Duna? I'm hoping to teach about the solar system to people using KSP.

not to detract anything from Greg's mod, but...

there are a number of mods that would allow you to have better analogues of the solar system

RSS (the actual Real Solar System, with life-sized planets and moons)
SSRSS (the Real Solar System scaled down to Stock Size)
SASS (a Stock-alike version of the real solar system)

I won't tell you which one is my favourite :D

7 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

not to detract anything from Greg's mod, but...

there are a number of mods that would allow you to have better analogues of the solar system

RSS (the actual Real Solar System, with life-sized planets and moons)
SSRSS (the Real Solar System scaled down to Stock Size)
SASS (a Stock-alike version of the real solar system)

I won't tell you which one is my favourite :D

I know but i don't like any of those. (Also gr8 self advertising m8 i r8 8.)

8 hours ago, MysterySloth said:

I know but i don't like any of those. (Also gr8 self advertising m8 i r8 8.)

you could always make it yourself

use planet factory tho, 'cause suggesting the other one would be self advertising

like I care

4 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

you could always make it yourself

use planet factory tho, 'cause suggesting the other one would be self advertising

like I care

I'm gonna see if i can make it with KittopiaTech. Don't know what to name it though... All i've got is 'Eki'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 8:13 AM, MysterySloth said:

I have a small request. You don't have to add it but, add a second moon to Duna? I'm hoping to teach about the solar system to people using KSP.

I am actually planning this eventually when I get back to RevSSS.

3 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

I am actually planning this eventually when I get back to RevSSS.

Really? Great! Your planet will be way better than anything i could make. One thing though, i feel ike looks more like phobos than deimos. So, i suggest you move ike to a orbit more similar to phobos and make the new moon more like deimos.

2 hours ago, MysterySloth said:

Really? Great! Your planet will be way better than anything i could make. One thing though, i feel ike looks more like phobos than deimos. So, i suggest you move ike to a orbit more similar to phobos and make the new moon more like deimos.

Rimos will be given an orbit similar to one of the Plutonian minor moons, assuming Charon is Ike. Ike will not be moved. You can move it yourself if you want to.

In other news, I'm experimenting with SpaceEngine craters on the Mun.

eyycVx6.png

nmhPhDZ.png

4Q1LsPY.png

Judging from how good this looks, it is very likely this method will replace most voronoi craters for many of my mod planets in the future. (I'm not flat-out getting rid of voronoi craters of course, because I do need some bowl craters to go along with the flat-bottom craters)

Edited by GregroxMun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.