THE GREAT AIRPLANE EXCHANGE!!!

Hi! I am a new forum goer but I have been playing Kerbal Space Program since I think around July of 2015. Before playing it, I was playing flight simulator games. (Atmospheric, Of course)

With my experience with airplanes, I decided to have a thread where anyone can upload their airplanes. We need some more down-to-Kerbin crafts, if you know what I'm saying;). If there well designed or not, just put your planes here, and let everyone fly your fantastic creation!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It has to be stock. We need to see what you can do with your limited supplies!

*Remember to include the download link if fully stock. If modded, then list the mods and download link to craft*

But remember, download link is completely optional. Though it is strongly suggested that you include download links to your crafts.

Edited by PilotsofRiots

Well, you'll have to indicate whether or not you want stock parts only or list the mods you can use. Apart from that, I have a Kerbal version of a Northrop T-38 you'll probably love.

28 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Well, you'll have to indicate whether or not you want stock parts only or list the mods you can use. Apart from that, I have a Kerbal version of a Northrop T-38 you'll probably love.

Thanks for the tip! I normally always forget something. And I'd love to see your T-38!!! Feel free to show it!!! 

*And I can see you're a fellow Canadian. So that's nice!*

Edited by PilotsofRiots

Here is my version of a Northrop T-38 Talon

screenshot54_2.png

Cockpit: Fantomworks Kirage-2000
Batteries: Stock
Engine Nacelle: Stock

Rear 1.25m to dual 0.625 mount: SXT
Rear tanks: Stock

Engines: Modified Juno J-20's (KRnD mod. Each engine has increased Atmosphere and vacuum ISP, thrust increased to 70kN each)
Front intakes: Stock
Intake mounts: SXT
Nose antenna: SXT but I may be wrong. Definitely a mod.
Landing Gear: Stock

Airfoil surfaces, wings: Stock

Top speed: 715 m/s @1000 metres, 650 m/s at 10,000 metres
Range: 2300 km at 10,000 metres
Max G turning: 15+ G

It's a plane with lots of mods, but it performs like a champ. I know you indicated stock parts only, but with the right mods you can accomplish alot and not have unrealistic performance. 

Edited by GDJ

Atmospheric planes huh? Well, I was planning on showing this off sooner or later...

The Xander Star Mk. 3 - Able to transport 4 passengers (or one very spoiled Kerbal prince) to all sorts of destinations on Kerbin. Top flight speed is about 250 m/s (just about 3/4 of Mach 1) at low altitude. This private business class plane is extremely maneuverable, although it is not meant by any means to be a stunt flyer. There have been times when the bored prince has commanded his badass pilot to "Do an aileron roll.", "Fly inverted.", and "Do a loop-de-loop.", and this plane has handled those maneuvers more or less with ease. This model is powered by 3 Juno basic jet engines, and carries 280 units of liquid fuel, enough to fly out about 3/4 of the way to the pyramids. The prince would highly suggest that you have his personal car waiting for him at the landing site. He gets bored very easily.

6x0sEW4.jpg

NEx0CPH.png

"Did I remember to set the parking brake...?"

Xander Star Mk. 3 - Designed for royalty, built for you. I'll put up a download link if interest warrants. Pure stock parts on model shown (except MechJeb).

::Edit-no-Jutsu:: Download link is here on KerbalX: https://kerbalx.com/Speed_Kerman/Star-Series---Xander-Star-MK-3---4-Passenger-Personal-Jet-Liner [version requires Mechjeb, but can be flown without]

Edited by Speed_Kerman
Download link added!!

1 hour ago, Speed_Kerman said:

Atmospheric planes huh? Well, I was planning on showing this off sooner or later...

The Xander Star Mk. 3 - Able to transport 4 passengers (or one very spoiled Kerbal prince) to all sorts of destinations on Kerbin. Top flight speed is about 250 m/s (just about 3/4 of Mach 1) at low altitude. This private business class plane is extremely maneuverable, although it is not meant by any means to be a stunt flyer. There have been times when the bored prince has commanded his badass pilot to "Do an aileron roll.", "Fly inverted.", and "Do a loop-de-loop.", and this plane has handled those maneuvers more or less with ease. This model is powered by 3 Juno basic jet engines, and carries 280 units of liquid fuel, enough to fly out about 3/4 of the way to the pyramids. The prince would highly suggest that you have his personal car waiting for him at the landing site. He gets bored very easily.

6x0sEW4.jpg

NEx0CPH.png

Xander Star Mk. 3 - Designed for royalty, built for you. I'll put up a download link if interest warrants. Pure stock parts on model shown (except MechJeb).

Put the download link in. That is definitely a really nice craft!

57 minutes ago, He_162 said:

Everything you can find in my description is stock, unless it is modded. Then it is modded.

Yes, my craft repository has all of my craft, except for my He162 replica's.

Alright. Sounds good! I'll check it out!

6 hours ago, GDJ said:

Here is my version of a Northrop T-38 Talon

Engines: Modified Juno J-20's (KRnD mod. Each engine has increased Atmosphere and vacuum ISP, thrust increased to 70kN each)

You gave the J-20s a HIGHER? ISP? They're already better than some older airliner engines! Real turbojets have ISPs of around 2700!

2 hours ago, Pds314 said:

You gave the J-20s a HIGHER? ISP? They're already better than some older airliner engines! Real turbojets have ISPs of around 2700!

^_^

I thought I would add in my craft because, why not? So here. I call it: The Excellerate. Not accelerate. I like Excellerate better. That's the name because that's exactly what it does. Accelerate! (Pretty Fast) 

nJITqkU.jpg?1

Download Link: https://kerbalx.com/PilotsOfRiots/Excellerate

Edited by PilotsofRiots

4 hours ago, MightyDarkStar said:

Here is the Rontaak, a huge low-thrust/high efficiency jet fighter made with: Procedural Parts, Adjustable Gear, B9-PWings, BDArmory, and Stock.

Hide contents

20160319183642_1_by_lythroa-d9vtu7u.jpg

20160319183659_1_by_lythroa-d9vtu79.jpg

Download Link

That right there my friend, is a fantastic airplane! You are talented! 

10 hours ago, Triop said:

MiG 21 I Analog        *Edit: I forgot it uses a BDA radar... so not stock.:rolleyes:

Craft file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8xsza1fr31nty8/MiG-21%20I%20%20ANALOG.craft?dl=0

co5L1HE.png

YLjjmWa.jpg

Wow that's fantastic! You are extremely good at designing! 

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:30 PM, Speed_Kerman said:

6x0sEW4.jpg

NEx0CPH.png

::Edit-no-Jutsu:: Download link is here on KerbalX: https://kerbalx.com/Speed_Kerman/Star-Series---Xander-Star-MK-3---4-Passenger-Personal-Jet-Liner [version requires Mechjeb, but can be flown without]

Huh, reminds me of the Xandu Star class jet. (Which was made by Vaos Human)

Edited by Dobelong

Pretty sure everybody north of the 49th knows what I was going for here.

screenshot62_3.png

She needs a gentle hand at the stick and she weighs in at 21 tonnes, but if you want to go fast and high, this is your baby.

23,000 metres reliably, 1685 m/s at that altitude. Keep her below 800 when you're lower than 10,000.

Pilot assistant is recommended when you're going past Mach 3 and flying stratosphere. Apart from that, it's all stock.

Well, it's not perfect. The cockpit is actually the wrong shape, the intakes are a bit too square, and the fuselage was pieced together by too many parts, she's heavier than a old ex-girlfriend, she's touchy to fly with keyboard (tap-tap-tap to turn).....but it works well enough to keep. Definitely not a dogfighter, but definitely a Interceptor, which the original Arrow was designed to be.

With a pair of whiplash's she'll maintain around 1290 at 17,000 metres, but the Rapiers work so darn good for 20K+.

Edited by GDJ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.