I wonder why Squad doesn't want to give us a dV and TWR readout

1 hour ago, ModZero said:

And, finally, pretty sure you're trying to argue that KSP is unplayable and nobody ever made orbit in stock.

Where did I say this lol?

I was going interplanetary before I knew this game even had mods at all.

Do you actually have anything serious to add to this discussion?

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

2 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Where did I say this lol?

That's the gist of your argument: "games without feature X are inherently broken". They're not, and neither is KSP, which is illustrated by:

3 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I was going interplanetary before I knew this game even had mods at all.

...which I of course knew, because pretty much everyone did, which means you're being not very serious, so: 

4 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Do you actually have anything serious to add to this discussion?

Yeah, did you, actually? You just threw a bunch of assertion, each one invalidated by at least one fairly successful game, implying (but skirting, because actually making one's point clearly would make it too easy for others to dispute you) a point that's invalidated by your own experience.

KSP is just fine without dV readings. Many players, including me, would rather have it — possibly most. But implying the game is broken for not having is, um, not very nice at all.

Just now, ModZero said:

-snip-

Look, it's clear you want to argue with someone, but that someone isn't going to be me, sorry.

You're welcome to go back and read the other posts I made in this thread which weren't as flippant.

3 minutes ago, ModZero said:

um, not very nice at all.

Were your feelings hurt? Do you want a hug? :)

39 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@eddiew @Kosmognome You can try the beta version here:

Looks like the wheel wasn't reinvented, it's using KER's code for the calculations and just displaying the data differently.

Personally I'd rather the displays attached to the staging display (since it's already a staging list), but that's personal preference. Kudos to malah for the stockalike implementation.

I'm one of those folks who prefers to do the math myself. In fact, I take it a step further and let the math dictate my design before I even start building. This is how I am able to optimize my designs for weight and cost without resorting to trial and error in the VAB.

This is not to say that I think that everyone should be forced to do without a readout (I don't). I'm just saying that I'm very familiar with the process involved and it would be darn near impossible to implement in- game in a way that avoids incorrect answers.

As everyone upstream has already said, an in- game DV readout would be tougher to implement than it appears.

Best,
-Slashy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.