We're in the running for an education award! (Vote here!)

NathanKell

It's an award for the best tech teaching tool! We're very happy KSP is under consideration and has won numerous prior rounds.

From the page:

Vote in the Tech Tool Tourney for your favorite edtech game!

What is the best game-based tool for learning? In the spirit of March Madness, join us for the Tech Tool Tourney hosted by Common Sense Graphite and KQED MindShift. This 32-game bracket-style competition is a teacher-fueled smackdown of learning games thoroughly vetted by Graphite.

Your votes determine the winners of each round! If you aren't familiar with a game, take a look at the Graphite review to learn more, or download it and give it a whirl. Be sure to return for each round of voting, then find out who takes the trophy on April 5.

Please check out the tournament, and if you think KSP deserves the win, vote for us here!

I vote for ksp! Even though I am typing a Minecraft argumentative essay on why it's educational right now. Ksp is way better in my opinion but I couldn't find enough sources.

Edit: I just voted, and guys! Ksp has 53% and the other guys have 47%!

Edited by max_creative

My first reaction was "I've never played Construct 2, so what right do I have to vote?", but then I realised you have to vote to see the results. Conclusion: My curiosity made me break my principles. Hmmm

But KSP has 71% of the votes, so yaaaaay.

Edited by Deddly

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

I'm calling shenanigans on one region in Finland having nearly 8000 votes, 100% of them for KSP, compared with less than 2500 total votes from the entire US.

Yeah ... especially considering there are only about 15000 votes in total so far ... that don't seem legit. :P

EDIT: ...and if you take away the 7917 dubious votes, KSP is actually behind by a few hundred votes. Get voting, guys! :D

Edited by GluttonyReaper

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

I'm calling shenanigans on one region in Finland having nearly 8000 votes, 100% of them for KSP, compared with less than 2500 total votes from the entire US.

I hope that's not the case. A win for KSP would be awesome, and well deserved, but only meaningful if it's a fair win.

So last night (BST) I voted for ksp on the graphte award thing and the vote split was 51% ksp, come and look at it now and it's suddenly 75% ksp. After last nights post about it I get that distinct feeling that the community is probably responsible (good job peoples!) I felt a bit uncomfortable at first thinking that we're mucking up an education based award, but then thought how much I learnt from KSP. Also their description basically says, "get students to look to the ksp online community for help". So GREAT job peoples and SQUAD

2 minutes ago, Kertech said:

So last night (BST) I voted for ksp on the graphte award thing and the vote split was 51% ksp, come and look at it now and it's suddenly 75% ksp.

It's because of this:

KSPcheatvotingFinland.jpg

We've contacted Graphite about those illegitimate votes. Similarly, Construct 2 has received dubious votes from Russia and the state of Florida. I guess they need to improve their polling software, but in the meantime nothing is stopping you: vote KSP!

1 hour ago, KasperVld said:

We've contacted Graphite about those illegitimate votes. Similarly, Construct 2 has received dubious votes from Russia and the state of Florida. I guess they need to improve their polling software, but in the meantime nothing is stopping you: vote KSP!

Don't forget Romania. 154 votes while Ukraine has only about 5.

Screenshot_2016_04_04_08_55_34.png

This is like when my Spanish teacher used Google Forms to pick a class name. A class troublemaker took it upon himself to put in about 35 votes for "The Normal Class" Then my Spanish teacher went with "The Pencil Sharpeners." (these names were in spanish, of course.)

Edited by Hobbes Novakoff

20 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

I'm surprised Fantastic Contraption didn't feature anywhere in the knockout phases.  Maybe it's a bit too samey or restricted, but I like it.  Would still vote for KSP though.

I think it did make it. I remember putting in a vote for it. Not against KSP, of course.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.