SSTU Craft Repository (lifters, landers, stations) [1.2.2]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Added ATV craft. Check my patches later to get a cargo section with configurable container instead of a normal COS hab module like on the stock ATV.

Added ISS main section (no panels as other mods are needed for the truss).

Edited by Jimbodiah

Working on a Falcon 9 and Heavy, together with Kerbal Reusability Expansion legs/gridfins. No luck yet landing a booster in RSS yet though (2000m/s "touching " down), so I will keep playing with it for a bit.

sstu_falcon9h.jpg

Added Falcon 9 Heavy. Requires the Kerbal Resuability Expansion for the gridfins and landing legs. Link is included under the icon in the first post.

If anyone has any requests, let me know...

Boostback is non-trivial. I got a single F9 (same mod combo) back to KSC, landed in the grass just west. S2 didn't make it because I could not inject it, land, and get back before it entered.

It's just the idea you can land the two boosters :)  I have an extra fuel tank in the nose that holds the fuel for the landing, but in RSS I am coming in so hot that I need around 5000dV of fuel to safely slow down and land, as re-entry does not offer enough drag to slow down; even with the grid fins. Another issue is that the engines will shut down for some reason while re-entering, meaning I can not slow down during this part.

Edited by Jimbodiah

• 1 month later...

1.3.0 files coming soon. 

Mage from the SSTU mod will be making a Github repository so that these files will be in a central location where other people can upload their stuff to as well via a Pull Request. I will be making a new forum thread with screenshots and links to each craft. Besides the real-scale replicas, there will also be craft files for the stock Kerbin system and contract missions.