[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

1 minute ago, Bananders said:

Browning 50. form BDA, everything from AA.
Look it up in the rules

Ohhh, ok, if you look into which mods can be used section it says there, you guys should make it a little clearer as to which guns can be used, as in, another line of rules that says such, rather than including it in the parenthesis statement of another rule...

I made a competitor for the king of the hill, is it valid? It's fight against the current king of the hill is shown in an imgur album on the KerbalX page.

https://kerbalx.com/He_162/Heinkel-P1

Parts: 49

Weight: 5.065t

Armament: 1x .50 cal long barrel

One ammo box

One kerbal

One seat

Edited by He_162

I designed a fighter to be able to beat two of my previous Heinkel P1's, and came up with the Heinkel P2.

The Heinkel P2 is superior to at least two of my Heinkel P1's in combat, so I hope that because the Heinkel P1 is superior to the current king of the hill, the Heinkel P2 would be even better, and as such, the Heinkel P2 is my entry to the contest, forget about the Heinkel P1 :D

https://kerbalx.com/He_162/Heinkel-P2

Specifications:

39 parts

2.8 tons

2x 12.7mm berezin machine guns

Speed: 100 m/s + in level flight, 90 m/s easily capable while maneuvering, or in combat.

Woops, forgot to set the others to defend mode or whatever, that's why they didn't attack me.. I will do a few more tests, and post the results of my Heinkel P.2, since it basically just kicked defenseless puppies is all...

Edited by He_162

Update:

The Heinkel P2 clubs the Heinkel P1, and the other candidates (assuming they are worse than the Heinkel P1, due to previous tests)

So, the Heinkel P2 shall remain my contender for the ASC III competition.

15 hours ago, Bananders said:

You wish!

And you can find my response to that below ......  No need to shed a tear as it was a quick death for all 4 Nightingale's :cool:

NOTE: The video below has no affect on the current competition as it is just a scrimmage

Spoiler

I updated my Heinkel P2's AI control stuff, so if you are going to use it in a fight, just download the latest version.

https://kerbalx.com/He_162/Heinkel-P2

Also, my match with the Mentat mk 5's was a good one, I did 3 total matches, only took screenshots of one, but in all three the mentat's lost, and at least one of my Heinkel P2's survived, albeit, in one of the matches, it had only the top two wings left after the fight, and the rudder was gone, but it survived! :D

Here is the most successful match I had with them: One loss, all enemy aircraft disabled / destroyed

Edited by He_162

1 hour ago, Triop said:

Working on something....

LOL, the Kerbal survived. ^_^

Air Superiority Challenge III Entry Rule 1:

• 4 aircraft (must look like a plane) required per team (can be same or different crafts), all must be manned with at least one Kerbal, all Kerbals in command seats, no closed cockpits.

Sorry, I just thought I'd let you know that your aircraft is invalid in it's current state... :/

Edited by He_162

17 minutes ago, He_162 said:

Air Superiority Challenge III Entry Rule 1:

• 4 aircraft (must look like a plane) required per team (can be same or different crafts), all must be manned with at least one Kerbal, all Kerbals in command seats, no closed cockpits.

Sorry, I just thought I'd let you know that your aircraft is invalid in it's current state... :/

It's always the small prints in a contract that kills ya . . . .^_^

4 hours ago, Triop said:

Yep.

Nice design BTW.

EDIT: Updated my plane again

-AI fine tuning
-Swept main wings 4 degrees.

-Changed and aligned 12.7mm machine guns.

Edited by GDJ

13 hours ago, Triop said:

Also, FYI, the wing area/mass ratio on those swept wings is terrible.  I switched to using them for a while after the low heat tolerance of the FAT-455 tails caused my wings to come off after a single hit, and found that I was consistently getting planes much heavier than its counterparts.  

22 hours ago, Triop said:

-random text I put here because when I was typing the comment on his thing, my browser crashed, so yeah. ~He_162

So, you like shooting down my plane eh? I'm working on a new one... it should be unbeatable. :D

25 minutes ago, He_162 said:

So, you like shooting down my plane eh? I'm working on a new one... it should be unbeatable. :D

O dude, I luv ya, bring it on :confused: !

87kZLcU.png

Edited by Triop

2 minutes ago, Triop said:

O dude, I luv ya, bring it on :confused: !

I'm not so sure it will look like a ww1 plane, or fly like one, but it will have the requirements set in the OP... lol

Heinkel P2 will look like a relic next to the Heinkel P3

3 minutes ago, He_162 said:

I'm not so sure it will look like a ww1 plane, or fly like one, but it will have the requirements set in the OP... lol

Heinkel P2 will look like a relic next to the Heinkel P3

It has to look like a WW1 plane to ???

O men, I've gotta read the rules . . .^_^

1 hour ago, Triop said:

No, the theme is ww1, not how the plane looks.. don't have to look like a ww1 plane...

My design still looks like a ww1 bi-plane at least. I didn't completely redesign :D

1 hour ago, Triop said:

18 minutes ago, He_162 said:

No, the theme is ww1, not how the plane looks.. don't have to look like a ww1 plane...

My design still looks like a ww1 bi-plane at least. I didn't completely redesign :D

Mine is somewhere in between WWI and WWII......leaning toward WWII.....

Edited by GDJ

1 minute ago, He_162 said:

My heinkel P3 battles the latest mentat, and wins! With no losses, and not one was even hit.

My Mentat hasn't even fought the KotH so it really is a moot point if you won or not let alone that design is only one of the many that I have created ... I still have the Atredies, the Harkkonnen, Podrick, the Cry Baby and one I'm currently working on called the Mozzy (no pics of this one ... Classified) among others

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.