Wut. Just. Happened.

So I was trying out a new medium plane I had just made. And I was flying out to the island runway, usually when I test a new plane I take it to the island runway, land, and return to the KSC. And the plane was doing quite well. I was halfway back to the KSC and descending slightly from 15km. Suddenly, my plane stalled, went into a weird dive where it stayed flat and spun in circles. I was able to regain control at about 1km, but as I started to pull up the wings fell off and I crashed into the ocean. Any thoughts on what may have happened? I was at the same speed that I had been for the whole flight when I began to randomly stall, and my engines were working fine. I still had about 400 liquid fuel left in my tanks. 

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:36 AM, CattyNebulart said:

It went into a flat spin due to CoM shifting and/or bad control input when you pulled up the dynamic load on the craft was too much and you experienced Unplanned Rapid Disassembly.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:28 AM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Center of mass shifted due to spent fuel?

Most likely. Drain some fuel from the tanks in the SPH and see were the Center of Mass is.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:27 AM, Docsprock said:

Do you have a screenshot of your aircraft?

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:28 AM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

A picture of the plane in question would be really helpful!

I agree @Yobobhi.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.