I'm planning to start making mods, anyone want to join the team and help?

KAL 9000

So, I'm planning to start making mods and have some ideas. I'm good with .cfg files, but horrible at texturing and average at .dll's. Does anyone want to help me with this? If so, thanks a bunch!

Generally speaking, I think you would find more success if you made a working mod first and proved that you're capable of following through on something before someone will help you. Modding is something that has to be self motivated. If you are trying to add new parts, making some, even if they are lackluster for a first attempt, at least shows that you're interested in actually following through. 

With that said, do you have any ideas for what you'd like to do..? That's usually the first thing you need. :) Once you have that, you can start learning things one step at a time.

@CobaltWolf you hit the nail on the head.

@KAL 9000, to add to what CobaltWolf said, if you are stuck for ideas, you can always browse around the Add-On Discussions forum. People post request threads and interest checks there, should provide some options for you if you can't think of what you want to make into a mod.

Instead of starting something completely new, with a igh change of never completing something that is actually used,  Why not help with exiting mod development KSPI-E can always need a helping hand.

Edited by FreeThinker

On April 7, 2016 at 0:49 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Generally speaking, I think you would find more success if you made a working mod first and proved that you're capable of following through on something before someone will help you. Modding is something that has to be self motivated. If you are trying to add new parts, making some, even if they are lackluster for a first attempt, at least shows that you're interested in actually following through. 

With that said, do you have any ideas for what you'd like to do..? That's usually the first thing you need. :) Once you have that, you can start learning things one step at a time.

Ok, I'll take your advice :). Of course I have ideas! More science experiments, a purpose for EVA's other than Surface Samples, EVA reports, and data collection, definitely more solar systems without a really buggy mod (all of those kinds of mods are super-buggy). My head is swimming with possibilities, and I'd love to make stuff and share with the community.

BTW, do you know what software is best for modeling/texturing?

On April 7, 2016 at 3:45 PM, FreeThinker said:

Instead of starting something completely new, with a igh change of never completing something that is actually used,  Why not help with exiting mod development KSPI-E can always need a helping hand.

Do you mean existing mod development? I'd love to help with KSPI-E :). It's one of my favorite mods! I've been thinking more stuff for the computer core to do would be nice.

31 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Ok, I'll take your advice :). Of course I have ideas! More science experiments, a purpose for EVA's other than Surface Samples, EVA reports, and data collection, definitely more solar systems without a really buggy mod (all of those kinds of mods are super-buggy). My head is swimming with possibilities, and I'd love to make stuff and share with the community.

BTW, do you know what software is best for modeling/texturing?

I personally use Autodesk Maya and Photoshop. Most people use Blender and GIMP, which are completely free and there are plenty of tutorials around here.

If you want more EVA stuff take a look at Surface Experiment Package.

I would be interested in helping with something. I started my Duna Direc project last year and I have put it to rest a little bit. If you had any interest in that. But if you already had something in mind, that's totally fine as well. Really I just want to get behind a good project and help make something cool. I am pretty good with modeling, not so much texturing but I can do a little bit.

In order to reach me more directly, you can contact me via email at [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.