Im ZizzletheKerbal

KerbalScience

6 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

Use some wings.

This. Put some control fins on the bottom of the rocket. Drag on the bottom of the rocket has a stabilizing effect, just like the fletching on the back of an arrow.

Welcome aboard Zizzle. :) 

Hello ZissletheKerbal and welcome to the forum!

If you use any fins, you may want ones that have some control authority and you will want to place them as low on your rocket as possible.  You probably want the vehicle as streamlined as possible to avoid flipping.

There are numerous good threads and tutorials about how to design rockets to successfully ascend through Kerbin's atmosphere.

Try looking around the Tutorials section of the forum.

Happy landings!

23 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Hello ZissletheKerbal and welcome to the forum!

If you use any fins, you may want ones that have some control authority and you will want to place them as low on your rocket as possible.  You probably want the vehicle as streamlined as possible to avoid flipping.

There are numerous good threads and tutorials about how to design rockets to successfully ascend through Kerbin's atmosphere.

Try looking around the Tutorials section of the forum.

Happy landings!

Ty Im Using demo as stated so there is only 1 type of wing any help?

2 hours ago, Ten Key said:

This. Put some control fins on the bottom of the rocket. Drag on the bottom of the rocket has a stabilizing effect, just like the fletching on the back of an arrow.

Welcome aboard Zizzle. :) 

Just now, ZizzleTheKerbal said:

im using demo D: i wish we had spaceplanes im better at buildin eM XD

How?

51 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Try using the AV-R1 (is that what it is called?) and make the rocket a stack and not wide. Arrows fly better than a pancake! Or a mountain or a pyramid.

is it demo ( i just learnt how to use Decuplers :D!)

1 minute ago, legoclone09 said:

I think the AV-R1 is in the demo, it is the white curved one.

Yep usin it right now ty

its called a av-t1 tho :)

2 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I think the AV-R1 is in the demo, it is the white curved one.

I MADE IT To spacce

Zizzle,

First off, stop using the demo. A proper KSP package isn't expensive.

As a newbie to another, be sure and check out what a mod called mechjeb can do. Sooner or later, you will hit something called the (grind)? mechjeb will help with that. Note, many purists (Play stock game only) will call that a cheat, but most of the real life space stuff is mostly handled by computors anyway. Besides, no one is twisting your arm to use the mod.

Sooner or later you will find mechjeb is exactly what you want/need. Stop by the RCSbuildAid thread as well. <- Probably wont need that before mid to late game, but good to have around.

Note: None of what I suggest here helps with rocket design. Kinda on your own with that. But then, anything that tells you something about DeltaV is a good idea to have around.