What is the most furtherest planet you have got to?

KerbalScience

Well, Eeloo is technically the farthest one, but getting to Moho and back was harder. 

The rocket I used to get to Moho was almost as big as Saturn V (bless KW rocketry for 5M parts). 

hFybdyIm.jpg

Edited by Aozora7

Landed 'safely' would be Duna and Eve.

No return missions from outside of Kerbin's muns; Eve is near impossible, and Duna... I never pack enough fuel for the return, and then a new version comes out and I have to try again.

I've 'landed' on Dres once. It was more of an impact due to lack of DeltaV to land softly.

I've put probes on Eeloo and Moho, have sent 3 Kerbals to the surface of Ike and Duna with TAC lifesupport.

In 0.9 I was able to send an airplane with a pilot to Laythe. Not a ssto, a normal rocket with an airplane payload.

I've visited every stock planet and moon in some way. Dres only got a probe flyby, though it got a landing in a modded system. Vall only got an orbit and a reverted impact. Jool probably got an impact at some point and you can't land there anyway. Duna and Eve got Kerbals landed and stranded there. Everywhere else, including Eeloo, I've landed a Kerbal on and brought him back home.

Modded, I think Titanus in the New Horizons system is further out than Eeloo in stock. And I have some bodies that are *way* far out. This is the system I once had , the green orbit in the middle is Jool in more-or-less the same orbit as stock, and the light-blue one a couple out from it is Titanus.

Once Kopernicus and everything else relevant is updated to 1.1, I'll be going to some of those way out bodies.

Edited by cantab

Stock: eeloo and moho (moho is closer in distance, but much farther in dV)

With the outer planets mod: Urlum

Semi major axis of Urlum: 254 ,317 ,012, 787 

Semi major axis of Eeloo:    90 ,118 ,820 ,000

So... 2.8x farther basically

2 hours ago, cantab said:

I've visited every stock planet and moon in some way. Dres only got a probe flyby, though it got a landing in a modded system. Vall only got an orbit and a reverted impact. Jool probably got an impact at some point and you can't land there anyway. Duna and Eve got Kerbals landed and stranded there. Everywhere else, including Eeloo, I've landed a Kerbal on and brought him back home.

Modded, I think Titanus in the New Horizons system is further out than Eeloo in stock. And I have some bodies that are *way* far out. This is the system I once had , the green orbit in the middle is Jool in more-or-less the same orbit as stock, and the light-blue one a couple out from it is Titanus.

Once Kopernicus and everything else relevant is updated to 1.1, I'll be going to some of those way out bodies.

What the frazzile is that planet doing in a 90degree inclanation?!

Eeloo. And beyond, once - when i used a bit haphazard trajectory to reach her. Hey, it still worked :) Counting the other side - Moho. And low solar orbit, to place my solar power plant from Interstellar mod.

Eeloo was the furthest  planet which I've been to in stock. I've have a flyby of CaptRobau's OPM 'Urlum' flying in between the rings.

And I have plans to get to OPM 'Plock' in the near future.

Edited by Scientia1423
I like trains :P

Manned landings and return from all of them.  Duna is probably the easiest, as I've been there and back with a slightly modified Mun rocket.  Eeloo is the furthest but not particularly difficult.  Eve is fairly easy to land on but a cow to return from and Moho is the opposite; difficult to intercept and land but relatively easy to return from.

Been everywhere in stock. Mostly I play rescaled with life support and (modded) career, which makes kerbaled missions rather more difficult (and mostly stock sized parts, I should add). Eeloo in 6.4X is pretty far, and I sent probes there (including a lander).

I've visited and returned from orbit of every one of them with unmanned probes. I found both Eeloo and Moho difficult. Moho more so. Moho is even quite deceptive. I should explain that I fly and navigate manually, and rockets are designed and built according to own ingame research and experiments, and not dV data available on internet nor dV tools (to me, the ingame exploration is the gameplay). I don't know, but maybe that was the reason I found Moho so difficult - to return from too. Difficult is maybe not the right word, it takes lots of fuel. I can't align my transition trajectory until I'm in the Sun SOI. And so on, I have to make a lot of corrections and they use up a lot of fuel.

Now, manned expeditions and surface landings is a different story. All my manned targets have included surface landings, and all manned have returned. Minmus, Mun, Duna, Ike, Laythe. Except for Ike, all have received multiple landings and are still viable destinations for doing new things. I like Duna a lot.  I've sofar failed to put a rocket designed to land and escape into orbit around Eve (no, I don't use hyperedit either). I've built an experimental descender/ascender-vehicle but was unable to make the journey to Eve. The manned Eve project is currently on hold. Vall is possibly next destination instead.

That leaves unmanned probe landings on Jool and Eve. None of those were intended to return. The Eve one is still sending info on temperature etc, The Jool one sent for a while, hanging bravely in the parachute. Eventually it came out into a bowl-like version of space and Jool had disappeared. Shortly after that it went poof.

Edited by Vermil

7 hours ago, mrclucks said:

What the frazzile is that planet doing in a 90degree inclanation?!

It's from Trans-Keptunian, as are most of the other far out ones. They're inspired by our solar system's known Kuiper Belt objects, hence the high inclinations.

I took them out though to make my game run better. When I put them back in, IIRC I need to change their orbits to be even wider anyway.

Edited by cantab

I landed Val and her trusty command pod on every body (except Jool) and returned her safely to Kerbin in a single mission over in the Ultimate Challenge thread.  I think I may still be the only one to have done this, although I've seen any number of Grand Tours that make mine look amateur :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.