Serial Space Station: Add your own module! (Closed - check out the new Community Space Station thread instead!)

Here's my last save which should be the latest.  I just tested the save... downloaded it (from my dropbox link) and tested it again... then removed all my mods and tested it a third time.  It's working for me.  But I'm the one who created it.  Can someone who's seeing the problem post the exact text of the error?  Does the debug log shed any light on the problem? 

On 5/25/2016 at 9:36 PM, Venusgate said:

Jool ship already has a lab. what old lab were you meaning?

I built a lab a while back, it was one of the first station modules. I want something I made to go to Jool on this mission, so I'm asking for it to be moved over.

The picture is too low rez.  I can't read the text. 

I wanted a clean install anyway so I removed KSP and reinstalled.  I started up a NEW install and loaded this save with no problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0wiqeq7zwy2bb4/KSS.sfs?dl=0

Can you tell me the exact text of the error?  Can you open the save file in a text editor and verify that it looks like this

Save file

GAME
{
    version = 1.1.2
    Title = Community Space Station (SANDBOX)
    Description = No description available.
    linkURL = 
    linkCaption = 
    Mode = SANDBOX
    Status = 1
    scene = 7
    editor = None
    flag = Squad/Flags/hexagon
    launchID = 62
    modded = True
    envInfo =  - Environment Info - Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe  - 
    PARAMETERS
    {

Are you running 32bit or 64 bit? 

Save loads fine for me.  @Some1 check that you have the latest version of KSP from the store - the save was created most recently with 1.1.2 and may not load properly on previous versions.  If all else fails, try it on a clean install of KSP from a fresh download.

Also, it's time to send something to Jool.  Today is our last day stickied on the top of the forum, and we've done a great job putting together possibly the most Kerbal station in history.  Now let's cobble something together and see if it makes it to the Joolian system, or at least explode stuff in a blaze of glory.  

Any parts on station are fair game, and KIS/KAS (including parts) are permitted for assembly and during the flight, but must be destroyed or de-orbited before re-sharing the save.  

Try to leave at least a semi-functional KSS, but take what you need.  Mission should be complete, and leave some kind of mothership in orbit around Jool or one of its moons, anything else is optional but be aware I may later delete stranded landers/debris etc to keep the save simple.  

I will allow multiple attempts at the same time if different players want to try it different ways, just start with this save.  If there are several attempts we'll pick a winner to continue on and I'll post it on the OP.

Who wants the mission?

Edited by Jetski

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2016 at 0:15 PM, Dfthu said:

Why is there a 5 part limit? And why is this a challenge?

Its a challenge because docking and getting a encounter is a pain in this ass. I still have not been able to dock or encounter my orbiting crafts in my 400 hours of ksp gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Crocket said:

Following this. I might not have the ability to build what I want to with such a strict limit, but I wanna see where this goes.

This is a bit of an old challenge. It used to be really active, but it sort of cooled off after awhile. There hasn't been a new module in over a month. However, there wasn't anything that says you still can't continue it.

Also, the 5 part limit if 5 parts+2 docking ports, so 7 total. It is there so the station doesn't get too laggy.

• 9 months later...

I would like to add a module... is anyone going right now? <--- humor

28 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

In before lock, someone should dock this station to the new one. That would be epic!

You could still download the save after lock, though I think docking two stations would be a frustrating and laggy process. Also as a donor to the new space station, I would not appreciate it, seeing as I have a potato computer :(. However maybe we could put it in a separate orbit, as a "memorial" if anyone knows how to save splice. Edit: I don't think the OP requested a lock yet

Edited by LazySoUseHyperedit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.