Im working on a few mods. Basic Trailer

Astronaut #1

im begining to work on a few mods. One is going to add planets to the ksp solar system, a part pack, and lastly a flag expansion pack. I want some suggestions. I would like that and also. If you know why sometimes when adding planets to ksp they are white and if so do you know how to fix that. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. But here is a overview of my planed mods. (Soon to have screenshots and possibly videos).

Mr.Ciphers Planet Pack

Okay first off, i named it because Bill Cipher is my curse account username. It is 0% compatible with OPM. I want to add at least 6 or 7 planets and maybe 10 moons but i need a lil help from the people on these forums to fix the texture issue and help with moon codes. I already have 2 planets made.

************ Parts Pack

i put those things that look like snowflakes means that you can post a name in the comments and the one i like the most will replace the snowflakes. Ill add a few fuel tanks and multiple engines and a couple other things.

Country flags flag pack

Well the name pretty much says everything. My goal is to add most of the worlds flags so you can pretend to be almost any countries space program  *this also includes north korea so you can pretend to be the world most hated leader and stuff. Hope you enjoy... 

That is all i came up with so far. But please suggest stuff.:D

Edited by Astronaut #1

Suggestions?

How about showing some actual content or work done rather than making a thread claiming you are planning on making a mod?

"Soon to have screenshots and videos"  is so pointless, why not simply wait until these are ready and put them in before posting the thread?

5 hours ago, Wetapunga said:

Suggestions?

How about showing some actual content or work done rather than making a thread claiming you are planning on making a mod?

"Soon to have screenshots and videos"  is so pointless, why not simply wait until these are ready and put them in before posting the thread?

Agreed. If you need help making a mod, don't bother. Make something on your own first.

Could a moderator lock this thread?

Alright, now that you've been lambasted, here's some constructive criticism; start small, you don't need to have a giant collection of mods that you can barely manage and need more help than you can actually do yourself. If you want to add custom planets, great, make your planets and fix any issues (the forums have a TON of information, you just need to look). If you are going to make a parts pack, start with simple cylinders and make simple parts, practice texturing and UV unwrapping, learn the basics of maps such as ambient occlusion, normal maps, diffuse, specular etc..

Then, when you are comfortable, go ahead and put something on the dev thread, ask (specific) questions if you absolutely can't find the answer on the forums or elsewhere. There are actually helpful people here who want to help you make something, but you are going to have to put forth the effort. If you already know how to do all this, then awesome! just make sure you put effort into your forum post, so people can actually see what you are working on. 

GOOD LUCK!

Helpful links: 

8 hours ago, Astronaut #1 said:

My game does not want to make screenshots work. I will release the screenshots when im able to get them.

What OS are you on? For Windows, you can hit F1 to take a screenshot, which goes into your KSP's screenshots folder. Bonus points for hitting F2 to hide the UI before taking it. If that isn't working, hit Ctrl+PrintScreen then tab over and paste it into an image editing program like Microsoft Paint, and saving it from there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.