KerbalStuff V.2

KryoWorks

KerbalStuff V.2  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support the return of Kerbal Stuff, and if so how:

• I would support the new KerbalStuff with Artwork, Content and Community Moderation help!
    • I would support the New KerbalStuff, if you paid me.
    • I would use it and support its creation, but could not contribute.
    • I could care less either way.
    • Let it DIE already!

25 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I'm working with a friend who may soon make a project to succeed KS. 

Spacedock is no longer KSP only and for that reason, I don't use it as often.

Really? When did that happen and why? That's weird, looks like the software changed too. I'll fully support a Kerbal Stuff V2

Edited by Dfthu

1 minute ago, Alshain said:

Or you could just change your bookmark to http://spacedock.info/kerbal-space-program and then never see the other games.

I've got other reasons, and not just having spacedock no longer being KSP only. 

The biggest being  different website structure. Specifically in relation to the mod listings themselves. 

2 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I've got other reasons, and not just having spacedock no longer being KSP only. 

The biggest being  different website structure. Specifically in relation to the mod listings themselves. 

Well that is fine, but a lot of mod developers don't like the upkeep of hosting on dozens of locations so while 3rd party hosts are not a bad thing, a second replacement may have trouble carving a niche.  Just a warning, don't let me tell you not to do it by any means.

1 minute ago, Kerbart said:

*cough* curseforge *cough*

It seems that "use the URL that doesn't show the parts you don't like" doesn't really work.

Lol, if and when I ever manage to fix my computer enough to re-upload my mods, it will be a cold day in a certain location that I upload to CurseForge.

4 hours ago, Temeter said:

I don't really see how a modding site supporting more than 1 game is a bad thing. What's the issue?

well, for starters, we want a site dedicated to just KSP for mods. Kerbalstuff was where it was at, but now that its gone, we are adrift. spacedock LOOKED like it would fill that niche, but, it cant now as it supports other games. also the more games and the even more mods that its handling increases the chance for malware.

I am curious as to what the real reason behind this is.

'It also hosts for other games' and the ever-easy 'malware' fear mongering sounds to me like reaching for an excuse. If that was truly the 'popular' opinion, sites like the Nexus wouldn't be the huge success they are.

So... what is not being said here? I for one am rather immediately suspicious of the cloak and dagger feel of this thread/proposal, which makes me very unlikely to feel like using this new site you're proposing. Unless of course, you actually have some good and founded reasons for SpaceDock not fitting the bill anymore.

P.S.: your poll misses an entry - "I am already supporting/using KerbalStuff V2 (aka SpaceDock)."

Edited by swjr-swis
PS

1 hour ago, AlamoVampire said:
6 hours ago, Temeter said:

I don't really see how a modding site supporting more than 1 game is a bad thing. What's the issue?

well, for starters, we want a site dedicated to just KSP for mods. Kerbalstuff was where it was at, but now that its gone, we are adrift. spacedock LOOKED like it would fill that niche, but, it cant now as it supports other games. also the more games and the even more mods that its handling increases the chance for malware.

You can't really answer a question with itself. Question was: "WHY is a multi-game site bad?" Your answer "because it is a multi-game site".

Also: please elaborate how being a site offering mods for more than a game increases the chance for an individual getting malware for one game. If there is such a thing as malware hidden in mods, than the change of getting infected increases only with the number of mods you install, not by using a site hosting more mods to get the mods. Also, in return, a smaller site does't increase the chance of actively catching malware. Do you plan to reverse-engineer every .dll you are hosting to analyse the code of it? Do you do so in every version a modder releases of its mod? No?

Ironically, one of the "best" ways to social-engineer the masses is offering a new site that offers a service that is (rather) easy to do, like, hosting the work of others and by doing so getting all the e-mail addresses and passwords and usernames of the users logging in to that size. As most of them probably don't use multiple passes for multiple sites ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.