Blue Hawk Industries

TMasterson5

Firstly love your work!!  I wanted to ask if sometime in the future you would consider making an A.S.R. O. C. Rocket boosted torpedo and launcher (pictured below. As many Hulls don't have holes for VLS options.  This launcher would allow more freedom of missle placement on deck. As well as if made capable of firing most shipboard missles would rock even harder!  Thanks! RUR-5-ASROC.htmRUR-5-ASROC.htm

Edited by SGTSLADAK
spelling

10 hours ago, SGTSLADAK said:

Firstly love your work!!  I wanted to ask if sometime in the future you would consider making an A.S.R. O. C. Rocket boosted torpedo and launcher (pictured below. As many Hulls don't have holes for VLS options.  This launcher would allow more freedom of missle placement on deck. As well as if made capable of firing most shipboard missles would rock even harder!  Thanks! RUR-5-ASROC.htmRUR-5-ASROC.htm

Maybe in the future but not right now as right now the included torpedo tends to explode on water impact so a ship deck launcher would be pointless for it. If and when I can get that sorted out though I was planning on this already actually

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, gomker said:

@TMasterson5 Not sure if you heard that BDArmory is being updated now with a new team

I was testing a few things with the latest build and noticed your Polaris no longer goes nuclear. I haven't tested @harpwner stuff fully, just wanted to FYI

Hmmm thats odd. Thanks for the heads up though. To be sure you do have the NKD portion that is included with this installed too right?

2 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Hmmm thats odd. Thanks for the heads up though. To be sure you do have the NKD portion that is included with this installed too right?

Only thing I changed was the new build of BDArmory. I was just looking at the logs and I think NKD will need a recompile. I will pop in that thread to let them know

[ERR 17:54:27.995] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'NorthKerbinMod': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'NorthKerbinMod.ModuleNuclearExplosive' from assembly 'NorthKerbinMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BahaTurret, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'BahaTurret, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BahaTurret, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

11 minutes ago, gomker said:

Only thing I changed was the new build of BDArmory. I was just looking at the logs and I think NKD will need a recompile. I will pop in that thread to let them know

[ERR 17:54:27.995] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'NorthKerbinMod': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'NorthKerbinMod.ModuleNuclearExplosive' from assembly 'NorthKerbinMod, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

It does appear that way. Thank you for the find I didnt even think to check that

On 4/12/2016 at 4:43 AM, TMasterson5 said:

Blue Hawk Industries

Blue Hawk Industries is a mod pack for 1970's era weapons. An emphasis on the F-14 Tomcat is obvious with the mod but other parts are and will be included outside of the Tomcat stuff. I am open to suggestions so let me know what you think of the current parts and what should be included.

SPACEDOCK DOWNLOAD

• Parts Included:    
    • Air to Air   
      •  AIM-7 Sparrow
      •  AIM-54 Phoenix
      • 20mm Ammo Drum
    • Air to Ground
      • AGM-28 Hound Dog Nuclear Cruise Missile
      • AGM-e-84 harpoon
      • Paveway II Bomb
      • BGM-109 Tomahawk
      • BGM-109G-Gryphon
    • Ground to Ground
      • Minuteman III Nuclear MIRV
      • UGM-27 Polaris Nuclear Missile
      • Polaris Launch Tube
      • Zuni Rocket
    • Sensor
      • AN-AWW-7
      • AN-AWG-9
      • AN-SPS-49
      • AN-SPS-55
      •  Hawkeye Radar Dish
      •  LANTIRN Pod
    • Cockpit
      •  f-14 cockpit(has built in 20mm vulcan cannon, built in radar, RPM screens, built in RPM camera, and built in weapons manager)
    • Miscellaneous
      • F-14 style drop tank
      •  Arresting Wire Hook(works as a powerful airbrake, use ONLY on ground, it will ruin aerodynamics if deployed while flying)
      • F-110 Afterburning Jet Engine
      • 0-9 Hull Numbers
      • Lau-10 Rocket Pod
      • Pintle Mount
      • 50 caliber ammo can
      • M2 machine gun
      • Sylver VLS
    • Naval Weapons
      • Mark 45 Torpedo
      • Mark 45 Naval Gun
    • Submarine
      • Middle section
      • Middle section with VLS cells
      • Conning tower
      • Submarine nose
      • Submarine tail
      • Prop
      • Submarine control surfaces
    • Helicopter
      • Huey Cockpit
      • Huey Cabin
      • Huey Tail
      • Huey Turbine
      • Huey Landing Skid

• Important Notes
    • The download comes with the required portions of North Kerbin Dynamics for the nuclear weapons to work. If you already have NKD installed in your game, then you do not need the one included with this download. It is there for people who want the nuclear weapons included in this mod to function but dont want the entire NKD mod.
    • The F-14 IVA looks much better with Rastor Prop Monitor Downloaded.
    • If you have a problem with the mod functioning, read the instructions that came with the download and ensure that you followed them. This will solve a lot of problems.

• Known issues:
    • Some of the exhaust petals on the F-110 are facing the wrong way.

Can you make a F-14 Tomcat Craft, please

On 8/6/2016 at 10:42 PM, Vonnmillard said:

Can you make a F-14 Tomcat Craft, please

Did you have to quote the whole OP?...

And for the F-14 craft, just print a picture and keep the picture with you and you can build it 

• 2 weeks later...

@TMasterson5 

Hey there, have been testing out new builds of PEW and Boomsticks etc.. and I have been using your Polaris missile a bit and had some suggestions

• Recommend increasing the crash tolerance to 8 to 10 - Reason being is that if you use VesselMover , even in fine mode, the drop tends to destroy the missiles in the bays due to impact 
  • The Boost phase is crazy long, maybe by design however, the flame animation quits a quarter of the time in. Maybe add some smoke after the flame out? Or just keep it going for the entire cruise?
  • The attachment nodes are very difficult to work with with any other parts other than your VLS. Had to work some magic to get them into LBP sub VLS.  I like having the two different sub types - pure suggesting for me.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, gomker said:

@TMasterson5 

Hey there, have been testing out new builds of PEW and Boomsticks etc.. and I have been using your Polaris missile a bit and had some suggestions

• Recommend increasing the crash tolerance to 8 to 10 - Reason being is that if you use VesselMover , even in fine mode, the drop tends to destroy the missiles in the bays due to impact 
  • The Boost phase is crazy long, maybe by design however, the flame animation quits a quarter of the time in. Maybe add some smoke after the flame out? Or just keep it going for the entire cruise?
  • The attachment nodes are very difficult to work with with any other parts other than your VLS. Had to work some magic to get them into LBP sub VLS.  I like having the two different sub types - pure suggesting for me.

Thanks 

1. Easy enough

2. It's by design so that it can boost itself through water when submerged and launched from a submarine

3. That is because it switches from the booster effect to the cruise effect which are built in by BD Armory, so those I can't do a whole lot about

4. Last time I checked them they work with he stock BD parts and Malfunc parts. The LBP nodes don't really work correctly with any missiles last time I looked into it but I could be wrong.

18 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Last time I checked them they work with he stock BD parts and Malfunc parts. The LBP nodes don't really work correctly with any missiles last time I looked into it but I could be wrong.

I just remembered I am working with a pre-release pack in which @SpannerMonkey(smce) fixed up the nodes. I will see if I can share that with you so you can see how it attaches and get you a screenshot. Its basically 90deg off

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2016 at 9:05 PM, Shipflight said:

How about adding some more naval airplanes? Like the C-2 Greyhound (would fit in your search and rescue mod) or the E-2C Hawkeye? Perhaps the F-18?

f18 isnt the right time period
C-2 doesnt really fit the mod
There is a hawkeye in Fantrom works already

On 9/24/2016 at 2:46 AM, SpaceToad said:

I'd appreciate a rescalable tailhook :D

If I remember for the next update(not ETA on that) Ill throw it in there
In the meantime you can do that pretty easily yourself. Just pull a tweakscale patch from any mod and change the names to the names from the tailhook cfg

• 2 weeks later...

Having some issues with the wing sweep on the F-14. In the SPH, they work like they are supposed to, but when I go to fly, it reverses the sweep and the limits. If I start with them in the forward position, they only go forward from there. If I start with them in the swept position, they only go back from there. Any Ideas?

4 hours ago, boostedM said:

Having some issues with the wing sweep on the F-14. In the SPH, they work like they are supposed to, but when I go to fly, it reverses the sweep and the limits. If I start with them in the forward position, they only go forward from there. If I start with them in the swept position, they only go back from there. Any Ideas?

there isn't a wing sweep part in this mod so I'm not totally sure what you're talking about here......

1 hour ago, TMasterson5 said:

there isn't a wing sweep part in this mod so I'm not totally sure what you're talking about here......

Sorry, I downloaded the F-14 S found here:  https://kerbalx.com/GrandAdmiralJon/F-14-S
I assumed the craft was created by you since you created the mod, but I may have been mistaken. I couldn't find a forum topic on the craft.

22 hours ago, boostedM said:

Sorry, I downloaded the F-14 S found here:  https://kerbalx.com/GrandAdmiralJon/F-14-S
I assumed the craft was created by you since you created the mod, but I may have been mistaken. I couldn't find a forum topic on the craft.

Yeah that's not me so I can't really help you on that one sorry man. 

Well folks the mod has reached version 1, so with that being said it will 99% likely be complete with no more additions. I will ensure that it stays up to date and functional but nothing more will be adder more than likely. I thank you all for the support along the way and enjoy!

Also, @SpaceToad, your tailhook is tweakscalable now my friend, 10/10 for suggestion quality on that one!

On 10/7/2016 at 7:00 PM, TMasterson5 said:

Well folks the mod has reached version 1, so with that being said it will 99% likely be complete with no more additions. I will ensure that it stays up to date and functional but nothing more will be adder more than likely. I thank you all for the support along the way and enjoy!

Also, @SpaceToad, your tailhook is tweakscalable now my friend, 10/10 for suggestion quality on that one!

Thank you so much! Congratulations on 1.0! @TMasterson5

On 10/4/2016 at 1:35 PM, boostedM said:

The F-14S is by @GrandAdmiralJon 

That is mostly an infernal robotics issue, I just removed the stop positions and made a few small edits to fit what I needed, as seen as a part of my carrier show case images.

Edited by Eskandare

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2016 at 10:43 PM, SpaceToad said:

1.2 ready?

Now that BD is, yes

8 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Any missiles for the Sylver VLS in the works?

Literally any missile will work for it so I'm not sure what you're asking for here? And also look below this  

On 10/7/2016 at 7:00 PM, TMasterson5 said: