[1.1.2] Eskandare Heavy Industries THERMONUCLEAR TURBINES! (1.0.12)

Eskandare

Hi,

I was also wondering if you were still working on this mod?

I like this mod, and since thermonuclear turbines aren't sci-fi, it doesn't have to feel like cheating. Although in it's current state with weight/thrust/atm intake ratio, it feels really cheaty. I like the idea of changing the atm curve and adding different modes to make the engines more balanced. Also, I think the engines should probably be heavier, or reduced thrust, since similair engines in other mods are quite heavy, and produce much less thrust. Or maybe your engine specs are more realistic than the similar engines in other mods, if that's the case, then don't change anything at all.

If you have an update and it is relatively stable, could you upload it, and let us test it with you?

I am very amateur at coding, and I am just starting to learn the basics right now, and this might be a fun project to learn some new things, if you're looking for some help. I can only do the simple stuff right now, but I'm sure every little bit helps :)

7 hours ago, Chase842 said:

Hi,

I was also wondering if you were still working on this mod?

I like this mod, and since thermonuclear turbines aren't sci-fi, it doesn't have to feel like cheating. Although in it's current state with weight/thrust/atm intake ratio, it feels really cheaty. I like the idea of changing the atm curve and adding different modes to make the engines more balanced. Also, I think the engines should probably be heavier, or reduced thrust, since similair engines in other mods are quite heavy, and produce much less thrust. Or maybe your engine specs are more realistic than the similar engines in other mods, if that's the case, then don't change anything at all.

If you have an update and it is relatively stable, could you upload it, and let us test it with you?

I am very amateur at coding, and I am just starting to learn the basics right now, and this might be a fun project to learn some new things, if you're looking for some help. I can only do the simple stuff right now, but I'm sure every little bit helps :)

I'll be updating this mod at some point. All the space engines are based off the RAPIER engine curves. Some of the thrust does need to be reduced, just a little, and a couple of constraints added to the animation.

On 9/9/2016 at 7:12 PM, Eskandare said:

I'll be updating this mod at some point. All the space engines are based off the RAPIER engine curves. Some of the thrust does need to be reduced, just a little, and a couple of constraints added to the animation.

I went and looked at the curve and you're right it is the same as the RAPIER, so I agree that the curve should be left alone. I just tried out the engines again on a legit SSTO, and I guess I was wrong, the balance is much better than I had thought. I hadn't used them in a few weeks, so I guess I forgot. Good Job Eskandare! Also I really like the gimbal control surfaces, I can't believe I never noticed that before, very cool!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 23.2.2017 at 11:14 AM, Eskandare said:

I'm aware, I'm working on fixing all the engines. It needs to be updated to 1.2.2

Hey Eskandare,

Nice work! :wink:

Is there an estimation when it will be updated or a way to help you with it?

On 5/6/2017 at 2:08 PM, N3N said:

Hey Eskandare,

Nice work! :wink:

Is there an estimation when it will be updated or a way to help you with it?

It'll be done when it is done. My dev computer is down due to something attacking Windows 10 and making it unrecoverable. I tried to recover it using all methods without losing personal data, but for some reason it refuses to fix the issue. Also I've been working a lot (it's a lot of work being boss) so I haven't had the time to back up the data and do a full drive wipe.

Edited by Eskandare

10 hours ago, Eskandare said:

It'll be done when it is done. My dev computer is down due to something attacking Windows 10 and making it unrecoverable. I tried to recover it using all methods without losing personal data, but for some reason it refuses to fix the issue. Also I've been working a lot (it's a lot of work being boss) so I haven't had the time to back up the data and do a full drive wipe.

Hey Eskandare,

No Problem! :wink:

Real Life goes first! :wink:

Thanks for your work!

And just write it, if there is a way to help you!

Edited by N3N

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

BACK! From the dead!

Here is a few snips from the new models I'm making for the 1.3.1 update!

First a rebuild of the Firestorm Engine. I really didn't like the old model as much as I liked the remake of the MASAMUNE.

wxVlvsd.png

Next up is the Fuel-o-Tron. This converter is designed to convert collected LH2 into Liquid Fuel. Yes, that means there will be collectors for collecting solar gasses from space!  I'm in the middle of making Mk 2, 1.25, 3.75 versions and the various ram scoops. Included will be several fixes to current engines.

IuQyHOI.png

Edited by Eskandare

On 1/31/2018 at 12:43 PM, theonegalen said:

Awesome! Any news on any of your mods is always good news!

The update has been in the plans for some time. I've only got around to getting it done.

------------------------------------------------

Here is some progress on the update:

Two more fuel converters, Fuel-O-Tron Jr and Fuel-O-Tron Sr.

FuGdKP7.png

KJ8G0Zm.png

Next are some new tanks, like we need more... but they'll be using mesh switching and be switchable between LiquidFuel, LH2, and Deuterium.

IZxr7Iz.png

67vau5v.png

And lastly the Light Fusion Plasma Impulse Engine with cowling and open variants. The light design is for space planes, small ships, and those early 22nd century shuttles. They run on Deuterium and have an atmosphere mode to prevent using up all the Deuterium in planetary flight.

4phGItF.png

That's it for now, but more to come soon.

Edited by Eskandare

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Eskandare,

Is this dead? On CKAN it's listed for "any" version of KSP. Is this accurate?

On your mod thread it says "currently updating,' but it says its for game version 1.1.2 (I think)

Basically will this still work and are you still working on it?

Oh, and any pics? I guess I see a pic of a propeller above....

Edited by JoE Smash

• 1 month later...

@JoE Smash

The CKAN listing is just the Agency: "Eskandare Heavy Industries" - it's just a config it hand out contracts. There aren't any parts included in it.

The last version on Spacedock (here) was for 1.1.2 - I tried the Firewhirl and it seemed to work fine. 

Porkworks has an Atomic Turbojet, and I think the Mk2/Mk3 expansions have some as well.:/

On 8/8/2018 at 7:09 PM, JoE Smash said:

@Eskandare,

Is this dead? On CKAN it's listed for "any" version of KSP. Is this accurate?

On your mod thread it says "currently updating,' but it says its for game version 1.1.2 (I think)

Basically will this still work and are you still working on it?

Oh, and any pics? I guess I see a pic of a propeller above....

3 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@JoE Smash

The CKAN listing is just the Agency: "Eskandare Heavy Industries" - it's just a config it hand out contracts. There aren't any parts included in it.

The last version on Spacedock (here) was for 1.1.2 - I tried the Firewhirl and it seemed to work fine. 

Porkworks has an Atomic Turbojet, and I think the Mk2/Mk3 expansions have some as well.:/

Thermonuclear Turbines is being merged into Eskandare Aeronautics, which will have a whole series of new parts, updated KAX rotors, 1.875m fuselage parts, and MK3 747 parts 

2 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Thermonuclear Turbines is being merged into Eskandare Aeronautics, which will have a whole series of new parts, updated KAX rotors, 1.875m fuselage parts, and MK3 747 parts 

oooh. Didn't know that.

Sorry.

Guess I'll just keep taking contracts from you in the mean time boss...

:D:wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.