Passenger plane challenge

Hi everyone,

This is my first challenge on ksp forums so forgive me for any wrongdoings.

Anyway this challenge is to make a passenger plane that can fly properly and be close to a model of a specific plane(A330, 747 ect.).

The necessary requirements are listed below.

1. The plane must be able to hold at least 68 kerbals

2. It has to resemble a particular aircraft 

3. It preferably has to be built using mk3 parts

4. Has to be apparent that it can travel from the KSC to the island airport. This should show that it can maneuver properly.

5. No cheats allowed

6. Only mods that are allowed are types that do not add parts such as kerbal engineer or mechjeb or farem areospace. Although I will allow mods that add improved cockpits. Nothing else

7.Hard mode: Increase passenger capacity to 200 kerbals and have 2 decks while using only up to 4 engine apparatuses.

8. Extra hard mode: Make it carry a space shuttle and get to the island and back with all conditions applied with 300 kerbals or more

Must include pics and vids would be awesome. 

I will handpick winners by looking at size, accuracy, maneuverability, speed, capacity, and originality. There will be until April 29 to submit entries.

Good luck to all and happy building :)

-Ribby Kerman

Edited by Ribby Kerman
Addition to challenge

What I mean by resemble is that I can recognize that it is a passenger plane and not some sort of made up thing.

To get extra points it would help to land at the island runway but it is not necessary. As long as you can land it on the KSC runway or even the grass it is fine as long as it is not destroyed:wink:.

12 minutes ago, Ribby Kerman said:

What I mean by resemble is that I can recognize that it is a passenger plane and not some sort of made up thing.

To get extra points it would help to land at the island runway but it is not necessary. As long as you can land it on the KSC runway or even the grass it is fine as long as it is not destroyed:wink:.

I'll whip something up tonight. If it looks like a plane hopefully it'll land like a plane.

Th shuttle could possibly be smaller if you would like

10 hours ago, Nefrums said:

Here is a small one i made of Learjet 45XR.  Does not follow all the rules but still.

Bombardier_Learjet_45_XR_306716.jpg

I see nothing against the rules because i said preferably mk3. It is not required. It is so elegant and realistic that i will count it in the competition. Nice job 

No thank's, I mean, what the interest to pilot manually a passengers aircraft ?

Mechjeb can do the job, better than us!

I build a lot of SSTO passenger aircrafts, no so big, and I use mechjeb except for landing and take off.

9 minutes ago, gilflo said:

I build a lot of SSTO passenger aircrafts, no so big, and I use mechjeb except for landing and take off.

I was asking Ribby, but nevermind :P

3 hours ago, gilflo said:

Read the rules properly and you will see that mehjeb is allowed:P

7 hours ago, Amavios said:

Do you want the aircraft file ?

it is not required. You only need pictures

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.