K.N.S fleet ship yards (3 new ships, plus some more polish)).

6 minutes ago, kapteenipirk said:

The carrier has 937 parts in it. I have also listed it on the main post in the carriers description.

The carrier has 937 parts in it. I have also listed it on the main post in the carriers description.

Wow. Now that's a lot of parts. Looks very nice too.

Edited by JaffaPadawan
spelling

On 20.5.2016 at 7:34 PM, JaffaPadawan said:

Wow. Now that's a lot of parts. Looks very nice too.

Well, as i said, it might seem like a lot, but the lag is not that bad.

Still, it doesn't beat the part count of my 1:1 AN-225 witch had 1500 parts even tough it was using prosedural wings.

I do have plans on building something in the lines of this:

7i61Xlr.gif

Should work as a nice low part alternative.

But, it's going to then be more like a floating runway, cause it propably wont have enough space for storing multiple aircraft.

Time for a small update.

A new cruiser has been added and i did some more battling with some of my ships.

Pretty much in all of these battles, my guns where AI controlled, and both sides had the same settings on their weapon managers (at-least in the first one).

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another update.

Now that KAX is working :D, i can start working on some more aircrafts soon (prob this weekend). Plus, finally my flags are working again :D.

I already have plans for many many aircrafts and helicopters even. Here are some of those ideas:

V-22 osprey (it's gonna be tough i think), Chinook or Sea Knight of sorts and maby even a Sea Stallion for cargo operations (haven't made any choppers in years) .

Some random custom chopper for crew mission (or ill just put some seats aboard one of those choppers mentioned above).

I also have plans for some more WW2ish carrier planes.

They will all be custom in one way or another, tough some of them will be based on real aircrafts.

And there is going to be a boat load of seaplanes and AEW/AWACS/ship hunter aircrafts:

P-3 Orion of sort (see below), Lockheed Warning Star (modified Super Constellation), E-2 Hawkeye of sort and something custom.

As for seaplanes: the SeaMaster is going to make a return, I also have plans for a Catalina:ish aircraft and something for carrying cargo around, there will also be some small float planes (single engined mostly).

(built this in about 30 mins.)

NOTE: all aircrafts that use KAX will be put on their own category.

So yea, lots to be done :wink:.

Time for another update.

So, i kinda promised id be putting some crafts here this weekend.

Well, i,m a bit too buzy/lazy to update the main post, mostly because i have been having some troubles with seaplanes, and that has been eating a lot of time.

Here are some picks for the aircrafts that will be posted once i have a bit more time and get them working :wink:.

qnpL2ZC.png

The Havok gunship works pretty well, with a top speed of around 45-50 m/s, (steady altitude) it's kinda slow and im not sure if it can carry any cargo in it.

But it does work well as a gunship (2 vulcan turrets, 2 rocket turrets and 2 cruisemissiles).

And considering that i haven't made any choppers in like 2 years, i can't say i did badly at all :D.

CE96ReC.png

The Bolt (kinda reminded me of the AN-2 Colt) started it's life as a seaplane but got converted into a regular plane after test showed that, no matter how i did it, it would always flip over to it's back during water landing.

As a regular aircraft tough, it has some pretty amazing STOL capabilities and could propably be used as a carrier aircraft (needs to be an open deck tough, due to it's size).

0YQ2AOL.png

The Katalina started as a more custom build, but got turned into a replicaish craft pretty soon.

It has amazing manouverability, but has some troubles when landing on water. Water eats my engines (some versions) and i'm unable to takeoff from water (needs some boosters).

qn3AjRu.png

I was working on a revamped version of the original Seahopper, but it turns out it needs some more work to get it to takeoff from water (prob needs some shuttle engines as boosters).

This time it has a sideways cargo bay instead of a traditional rear ramp loaded bay.

I have also been considering bringing back the original Seahopper since it actually worked.

The Seamaster is also on the works, and seems to be the most likely one to work.

Plus, i removed the SXT engines and put some stock and KAX engines instead. Wanted to keep the the amount of mods i use for this project at a bare minimum.

Let's just say that making seaplanes is more harder than i taught.

Propellor engines are pretty much out of the count right now for me (for smaller planes), because as soon as the propeller hits the water it blows up.

Now, in order to prevent this, you want to place your engines as high up as you can. So, you either make high wing design like the Catalina, or you put really long struts on your floats.

This causes a problem with mass tough. Because the engines are in front of the plane and high up, the center of mass will be higher. And when using long struts on floats, the entire mass of the aircraft will be high up.

In order to combat this, you would place the center of mass more towards the back. But i have learned that that causes a whole load of other problems.

And that is the reason why something like the Gull works so well. It has the engine on top of the fuselage, it doesn't have a big paper propeller, the engine is more at the back and the floats are really close to the belly of the aircraft.

That's a new record for failures on one weekend :P. 3 seaplanes that can't takeoff from water.

I will be putting up the Katalina and some of the other design up even despite their inability to take off from water, cause they have some amazing flight characteristics otherwise.

So yea, progress is being made, so stay tuned :).

Time for another update.

While i'm getting my aircrafts ready, witch basically needs a whole day. I had a perfect afternoon for some more ship building, so, i did a Modernized Clemson class destroyer.

And as a bonus, refurbished the entire post to be a little more different. Can't say if it's better now than what it was before.

Might end up refurbishing the post again later on, and might even learn how to use spoilers so that i can really start shortening the main post. But that's for another day.

Time for another update.

I added a battle ship and put all the ships inside spoilers.

And i also noticed that all the albums inside spoilers are broken ;.;. But hey, at least the Imgur button/link thingy on the top corner still works :wink:.

So there you go, the description is still inside the spoiler so go look over there.

Edited by kapteenipirk

4 hours ago, laptop37 said:

I would suggest you use some of the addons to bdarmory as some of them have naval weapons 

Well, i was supposed to use NAS for the Avenger and maby some other ships, buuut my game kept crashing 3-2 minutes after startup.

Plus, i,m trying to keep the amount of mods i use at a bare minimum. BD-armory for weapons, IR for folding wings and hovercraft parts and KAX for prop engines, and that's about it.

And, if you want, you can easily just remove the current armaments and replace them with new ones.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Rath said:

May I offer you several lend-lease aircraft for use/testing?

Yea, i might be able to do some testing at some point, but i'll most propably just end up taking ideas from those, since i like building stuff myself. But don't worry, you'll get credited :wink:.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, gui camsky said:

Hi! Could you please tell me in which versions of KSP these crafts work? Thanks a lot!

Hello and welcome to the forums :).

All the crafts should still work in the current version. I'm not sure about earlier versions tough, but i do remember making the Krucible (the first ship i made for this post) in 1.0 or 1.1, but i'm not entirely sure.

And here's an update for everyone.

I took some time to polish the post a little. I fixed some typos and put stuff inside spoilers.

I also replaced all the blank spots where the albums used to be with links to them. Sorry for not fixing/noticing that earlier :blush:.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.