}

@PART[kerbalism-container-radial-*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = surface
    }
}

Sorry to ask but I've been out of them game since last summer, and there are sooo many pages to read..

Isn't there anymore the patch on the first page for the TAC life support?

Also, I can see some interesting changes about transmission, but it looks like it disables stock CommNet. No hopes to make that nokia style "signal strenght" work? I liked the stock concept of having more antennas to improve signal strenght

EDIT: also is it possible to make unmanned vessels to require direct line of sight with KSC, and not the planet itself?

Edited by Bersagliere81

Hi,

I've found that Science Re-Revisited is uncompatible with Kerbalism since it changes the xMitDataScalar values too, wich affects the ability to transmit some science experoments.

So that's why I wasn't able to transmit barometer or thermometer scan because of a value below 1 (0.9.. something like that)

I removed it and it works fine now.

Edited by iDInkeD06

I seem to be having trouble with reliability. If I disable it or modify the values (happens too often for me, especially since I'm playing 6.4x scale) It doesn't seem to effect in-game. Is there maybe a per save file I'm missing maybe?

15 hours ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

Ah whilst i've been trying to figure out this mod. I've been trying to figure out. How does one produce Nitrogen for pressure control. I'm looking for self sustainability on places such as the Mun and Gilly

This has come up several times in this thread. At the moment nitrogen can only be harvested from atmospheres (using the atmospheric sampling experiment), so unless you're making a base on Eve, Duna or Laythe you basically have to bring nitrogen from Kerbin. Realistically it should be possible to extract nitrogen from nitrate deposits but atm no such option exists, however someone has created a profile that allows (indirect) production of nitrogen from ore.

Edited by blakemw

21 hours ago, iDInkeD06 said:

Hi,

I've found that Science Re-Revisited is uncompatible with Kerbalism since it changes the xMitDataScalar values too, wich affects the ability to transmit some science experoments.

So that's why I wasn't able to transmit barometer or thermometer scan because of a value below 1 (0.9.. something like that)

I removed it and it works fine now.

Looks like you should be able to Keep the Revised Crew vs EVA Reports, Probe Science and Hitchiker Experiments.  Thanks for pointing this one out.  

Have someone found a solution to play with stock signal and stock signal UI?

I know I can go into Settings.cfg and change signal = true to signal = false. However, I still dont have the stock UI for signal, and when I want to tranfer data it use up all the power. I dont know if that is a feature in Kerbalism or it is a bug when I have diable Kerbalism signal. 

Anyone know a solution or have the same problem?

Apologies if this has come up before, but how do I disable Kerbalism's background electricity use? 

I'm afraid I can't find any instructions for this.

After searching for "electricity" through the thread, I can confirm that there is no BackgroundProcessing.dll anywhere in my KSP directory tree.

Thanks for your hard work on this mod, but I'm afraid this bug is still there.

Edited by John Nowak

On 3/11/2017 at 9:49 PM, blakemw said:

Ah, yes, that is a hindrance, I made my own config:

Hide contents

@PART[kerbalism-container-inline-0625]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 0.625
    }
}

@PART[kerbalism-container-inline-125]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[kerbalism-container-inline-250]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}

@PART[kerbalism-container-radial-*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = surface
    }
}

Noob question, but how do you install that Tweakscale profile for Kerbalism? I would love to make use of it but have no idea where to put it.

Thanks in advance. :)

On 2017/3/11 at 10:20 AM, Daniel Prates said:

@Gotmachine, since we are at it, let me pose a question about radiation and the 'poisoned atmosphere' as a cause of death: am I right to understand that the PB-NUK radioisotope generator slowly kills the kerbals, due to it's ionizating emissions? 

The correct thing to do is to use the TAC PROFILE for kerbalism, which is downloadable separetelly in 'space dock'. 

https://spacedock.info/mod/1128/Kerbalism TAC profile

Make sure you do the 'by the book' installation, meaning, unzip the content of the zip file directly inside your KSP main folder, to make sure everthing goes to the right place.

This, of course, presuming you already have TAC installed. 

Thanks so much,this is what I'm looking for:rep:

think this error might be related to sceince revisted have to check next time i play

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KERBALISM.Configure.configure () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KERBALISM.Configure.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

its only on manned cpsules with exermpents on them so thats probaly what it is. ill check tomorrow its late here

12 hours ago, DavidHunter said:

Noob question, but how do you install that Tweakscale profile for Kerbalism? I would love to make use of it but have no idea where to put it.

Thanks in advance. :)

Just put that into a .cfg file which is somewhere in GameData subfolders. You can literally put it almost anywhere (as long as it's in a cfg file) but what I do is have a folder in GameData for my personal tweaks (creatively called "personal") and put any custom cfg in that folder, no action is required to make that folder "a mod" as the game loads stuff from GameData indiscriminately. By not using an existing folder (such as kerbalism) there's no problem with my personal tweaks being lost due to mod updates.

Edited by blakemw

2 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

I think an updated version of this file has just been posted in space dock, like, 24 hours ago or so. Is has its own mod page!

it doesnt have its on ksp forum entry  as its i just made a modifcation of prexisting .cfg didnt want to have to go thru putting a licence on it just to have a forum topic

17 hours ago, John Nowak said:

Apologies if this has come up before, but how do I disable Kerbalism's background electricity use? 

You can't disable the background processing as a whole (it's the core feature of the mod) but if you think EC consumption is too high, you can edit several rules in your profile ("Profiles\Default.cfg", assuming you are using the default profile) :

You can edit the "rate" line to a lower value in the climatization rule (or if you don't want the climatization rule, you can delete the whole Rule{} section) :

Spoiler

Rule
  {
    name = climatization
    input = ElectricCharge
    rate = 0.0001 // per-kelvin (temp diff), per m^3 (living space), per-second
    degeneration = 0.00000007 // about 2h at 100k temp diff in 20m^3
    modifier = temperature,volume,per_capita
    warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL feels cold|$ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is sweating
    danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is freezing to death|$ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is burning alive
    fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL froze to death|$ON_VESSEL$KERBAL was burned alive
    relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL hypothermia is under control|$ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is hugging the climatizer
  }

You can edit the input rate for EC in the various process (decrease the decimal value in "input = [email protected]" lines), I think the main consumers are scrubber and pressure control :

Spoiler

// convention: 1 capacity = enough to scrub output of 1 crew memeber
  Process
  {
    name = scrubber
    modifier = _Scrubber
    input = ElectricCharge@0.025
    input = [email protected]
    output = [email protected]
  }

// convention: 1 capacity = enough to compensate for leaks in 70 m^2 surface (a cube of 40 m^3 volume)
  Process
  {
    name = pressure control
    modifier = _PressureControl
    input = ElectricCharge@0.3
    input = [email protected]
    output = [email protected]
    dump = false
  }

Thanks! I'll mess with this a bit, but I don't think it's really going to address the issue.

The problem isn't the EC consumption rate; the problem is that the background estimates on solar cell input are incorrect. I've had vessels in permanent sunlight "lose power" in background.

The usual fix is jumping to the ship, and power is typically restored immediately. 

Disabling TrackingPivot seemed to improve matters, but I suspect it's an intractable problem.

1 hour ago, Gotmachine said:

You can't disable the background processing as a whole (it's the core feature of the mod) but if you think EC consumption is too high, you can edit several rules in your profile ("Profiles\Default.cfg", assuming you are using the default profile) :

4 hours ago, sidfu said:

it doesnt have its on ksp forum entry  as its i just made a modifcation of prexisting .cfg didnt want to have to go thru putting a licence on it just to have a forum topic

By "it has its own mod page" I meant it can be found in its own 'space dock' separate niche. I didn't explain correctly, I think. 

@John Nowak Do you have the latest Kerbalism version ? I had such issues a few versions ago but it hasn't happened to me since some time. Also, if this happen again, could you check if you still see the in shadow/in sunlight icon in the kerbalism panel being updated when it should ? If you have a reproducible case, it would be nice to send your save to @ShotgunNinja. Note that the issue is referenced here on github.

well,there is a new problem with sicence,when I launch a science lab ,I find it can't product any new science data but only can translate sample to data. It sames bring me much harder to upgrade the tech tree.....

14 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

I think an updated version of this file has just been posted in space dock, like, 24 hours ago or so. Is has its own mod page!

thank for your reminding ,and cloud you please tell me the name about it?

14 minutes ago, 影之瑒 said:

well,there is a new problem with sicence,when I launch a science lab ,I find it can't product any new science data but only can translate sample to data. It sames bring me much harder to upgrade the tech tree.....

If you look at the docs, you'll see this is intentional:

https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism/wiki/Modules#laboratory

14 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

If you look at the docs, you'll see this is intentional:

https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism/wiki/Modules#laboratory

I know it is intentional ,I just feel maybe it can keep the function of stock lab,otherwise that makes career mode such diffcult to upgraed tech tree,and...did you suppose this setting makes laboratory like "chicken ribs"? :confused:

1 minute ago, 影之瑒 said:

I know it is intentional ,I just feel maybe it can keep the function of stock lab,otherwise that makes career mode such diffcult to upgraed tech tree,and...did you suppose this setting makes laboratory like "chicken ribs"? :confused:

In stock, once you unlock the Lab, the game is over.  You can finish the tech tree in a single launch.  Adding life support at least makes this cost a bit more, but I like that the Lab's functionality is changed.  That being said, I haven't gotten that far in recent versions of Kerbalism yet, waiting for FAR.  I don't know how hard it is.

47 minutes ago, 影之瑒 said:

thank for your reminding ,and cloud you please tell me the name about it?

Here!

https://spacedock.info/mod/1128/Kerbalism TAC profile