[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

45 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Galileo I installed GPP (amazing, BTW), including all the optional mods, and tried to replicate the issue without luck. But I found this in your log:

Hide contents

Module Configure threw during OnStart: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at KERBALISM.ReadArchive.load (System.Int32& integer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KERBALISM.Configure.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

It seem that configure setup data wasn't parsed at part compilation time, for some reasons. But there is nothing about that in your log. Can you send me a savegame that reproduce the issue?

Yes I can. Give me an hour or so (writing a paper for class) and I will upload one for you.

On 08/09/2016 at 0:51 AM, ShotgunNinja said:

I am looking at the code of both SSTUSolarPanelStatic and SSTUSolarPanelDeployable: they should be doable. I'll add them to the todo list. I also see a whole lot of goodness in SSTU code: converters, lights, and fuel boiloff modules. Definitely need to try it out.

So how's the current situation on support for SSTU? I'm also going to do some tests tonight and see how the compatibility goes. 

Hello!

Sorry for my bad english, but there was a problem.

KSP 1.2.2 x64 + Kebalism 1.2.4 + AmpYear 1.4.6.0 - all ok

KSP 1.2.2 x64 + Kebalism 1.2.5 + AmpYear 1.4.6.0 - NOT ok

ksp.png

You can see that the value of "Power Prod" is zero, but RTG is set. It will remain zero with any energy source

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkjlnmje4r4ofj9/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks!

@Galileo  Replace the dll with this one here. Note that whatever ECLSS configuration in the pod you made was lost, and it will reset to the default selection (scrubber + pressure control).

I didn't find out why the configuration was lost in the first place. Question: was this vessel created in the VAB in a previous version? Can you share the .craft file? Thanks.

The weird thing is that creating a new vessel and launching it doesn't show any issues.

50 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Galileo  Replace the dll with this one here. Note that whatever ECLSS configuration in the pod you made was lost, and it will reset to the default selection (scrubber + pressure control).

I didn't find out why the configuration was lost in the first place. Question: was this vessel created in the VAB in a previous version? Can you share the .craft file? Thanks.

The weird thing is that creating a new vessel and launching it doesn't show any issues.

Its just the stock kerbal X. I chose it from the launch pad and never entered the VAB. Maybe that's why its acting up?

Edited by Galileo

Yeah, that is whats causing it. I guess choosing a vessel directly from the launch pad is a no go. I assume ECLSS configurations aren't applied to the vessels if you do that. I was just trying to pick a vessel to perform a test with and thats how i typically choose my test vessels, straight from the LP. I just happened to notice it.

Well, at least i know that now, before i start a playthrough

EDIT: that .dll fixed the problem

Edited by Galileo

6 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@garwel There is a simple API here.

The function 'double Radiation(Vessel v)' return the level of environment radiation at vessel position, in rad/s.

The function 'double Shielding(Vessel v)' instead return the proportion of radiation blocked by the shielding of the vessel habitat.

Thanks! I guess I'll have to remember all this reflection stuff because I don't want to add a new dependency.

@garwel You can use a wrapper like this one below.

public static class MyWrapper
{
  static MyWrapper()
  {
    foreach(var a in AssemblyLoader.loadedAssemblies)
    {
      if (a.name == "Kerbalism")
      {
        _KerbalismAPI = a.assembly.GetType("KERBALISM.API");
        _Radiation = _KerbalismAPI.GetMethod("Radiation");
        _Shielding = _KerbalismAPI.GetMethod("Shielding");
        break;
      }
    }
  }

public static bool HasKerbalism()
  {
    return _KerbalismAPI != null;
  }

public static double Radiation(Vessel v)
  {
    return (double)_Radiation.Invoke(null, new Object[]{v});
  }

public static double Shielding(Vessel v)
  {
    return (double)_Shielding.Invoke(null, new Object[]{v});
  }

static System.Type _KerbalismAPI;
  static System.Reflection.MethodInfo _Radiation;
  static System.Reflection.MethodInfo _Shielding;
}

@Russos The problem is that AmpYear is unaware of the ProcessController module, that the RTG now use from last version.

3 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@Russos The problem is that AmpYear is unaware of the ProcessController module, that the RTG now use from last version.

So not only RTG. It does not show the amount of generation with solar panels. Or is it a common problem?

Does this remove the built-in antennas for command pods and probe cores (it seems to)? If so, how do we have a aerodynamic antenna that can be deployed while launching?

I can't find the default profile settings window if there is one

Edited by Skylon

Forgive me if I'm asking questions already answered.  I admit to being lazy and only reading the last page.

At this point, I'm not asking for assistance.  I'm only asking if these are known problems.  If not, I'll dig deeper and do the due diligence before really asking for help.  But if they're known problems, I don't need to dig.

First of all, let me say that the work that went into this mod is really impressive.  It's not just fancy coding and models.  The design of the new game systems is really well done.  Nice job!  

As for the actual questions:

1) I'm using DMagic's Orbital Science.  Several of his science parts produce "samples" under Kerbalism.  The problem is that some of his parts are supposed to produce 2 or 4 samples, but when running under Kerbalism they become inoperative after the first sample.  Is this the intended behavior?

2) I think this has already been mentioned, but shielding on vessels isn't very user friendly.  I thought I'd make one "safe haven" area that was heavily shielded, but since the entire ship is treated as having an averaged amount of shielding, that doesn't work.  So it's either undock, or turn off the habitation systems in other modules.  There's currently no other way around this, right?  I suppose I could turn off CMEs or the entire radiation mechanics.

3) I had a kerballed vessel rotate such that it lost solar power, the battery discharged, the scrubber shut down, and CO2 climbed.  There was a message that popped up on the screen, but by the time I could react and shut off the warp, it was already too late.  Now, I know that the alerts will kill the warp, however, at the time I was using Mechjeb to execute a maneuver, with the "autowarp" turned on, so it was turning warp back on when Kerbalism turned it off.  Other than F5/F9 or not using autowarp, do you have any suggestions?

11 minutes ago, AG5BPilot said:

2) I think this has already been mentioned, but shielding on vessels isn't very user friendly.  I thought I'd make one "safe haven" area that was heavily shielded, but since the entire ship is treated as having an averaged amount of shielding, that doesn't work.  So it's either undock, or turn off the habitation systems in other modules.  There's currently no other way around this, right?  I suppose I could turn off CMEs or the entire radiation mechanics.

I don't know about 1 and 3 as I don't use those mods. 

As for 2), yea, undock or turn off habitation in unshielded modules as this will force you to cancel warp, move your kerbals to the intended shelter for the duration of the CME.  I guess kerbalism can't or won't read your mind in terms of where you think your kerbals might be hiding and the intention behind a particular part being your storm shelter.

IMHO radiation and CME is one of the must have elements of the game that Kerbalism provides.  But that's just me.

Peace.

1 minute ago, theJesuit said:

I don't know about 1 and 3 as I don't use those mods. 

As for 2), yea, undock or turn off habitation in unshielded modules as this will force you to cancel warp, move your kerbals to the intended shelter for the duration of the CME.  I guess kerbalism can't or won't read your mind in terms of where you think your kerbals might be hiding and the intention behind a particular part being your storm shelter.

IMHO radiation and CME is one of the must have elements of the game that Kerbalism provides.  But that's just me.

Peace.

It shouldn't need to read minds since you can move the kerbals into the shielded sections when needed.  I'm sure there a reason why it works the way it does.

46 minutes ago, AG5BPilot said:

It shouldn't need to read minds since you can move the kerbals into the shielded sections when needed.  I'm sure there a reason why it works the way it does.

Coding.

And it stops the kerbals returning to their stations too early. And forces you to taken into account stress for being cramed in a hitchhiker for a couple of days because that the design team didn't make the centrifuge and cupola the storm shelter... :)

Hi, how can I turn off the survival part of kerbalism, and keep the awesome science hard drive and transmission portion? And/or is there another mod that only does that sort of thing (storing experiments and letting you transmit them over time)?

6 hours ago, eberkain said:

@Crimeo There is a config file where you can toggle off the features.  Check out the github wiki, it has details. 

I know, I am looking at the config, it does not seem to have any option for toggling the survival features, like use of oxygen, etc. I'm more so wondering if there's another way like "delete X folder(s)" that would work, due to lack of a config. 

(I know I could also just set everything to "zero oxygen needed, 100,000 degree comfortable range of temp, 100% radiation proof, etc. But that would still cause the unnecessary UI, and still possibly cause conflicts with whatever other survival mod, it would be time consuming and error-prone to redo it every new version, blah blah)

So I did a bit of testing in the VAB to check out this mod. I put out a hitchhiker container. I checked the modules, which was a scrubber and pressurisation (using nitrogen). But when I checked the kerbalism menu, it said that no nitrogen was being used and that there was no pressurisation. I added food/water supplies, and those said they were being used. Is this to do with the 'default profile' (this is something I do not yet understand)? How do I fix it.

Hi everybody

I'm having issues with the waste compressor: it seems not working at all.

I've al old space station (I mean created with Kerbalism 1.2.3) with light shielding and a lot of waste. Now I just added an ISRU configured with waste compressor and a custom process I defined editing the config file.

The ISRU is attached to my space station with a couple of stock 2.5m docking ports (both have crossfeed enabled). The custom process is working correctly, but the waste compressor doesn't have any effect.

Have I missed something?

1 hour ago, Crimeo said:

I know, I am looking at the config, it does not seem to have any option for toggling the survival features, like use of oxygen, etc. I'm more so wondering if there's another way like "delete X folder(s)" that would work, due to lack of a config. 

In settings.cfg, change "Profile = default" to "Profile = none", this will remove all "life support" related features, parts, ui etc. Also change the next group to your liking, if really only want science and use stock CommNet and not kerbalism signal system :

Spoiler

// user-defined features
  Reliability = false                  // component malfunctions and critical failures
  Signal = false                       // communications using low-gain and high-gain antennas
  Science = true                      // science data storage, transmission and analysis
  SpaceWeather = false                 // coronal mass ejections
  Automation = false                   // control vessel components using scripts

But if you are only looking for something to make science easier to manage and less tedious to collect, I suggest trying specialized plugins :

21 hours ago, Skylon said:

Does this remove the built-in antennas for command pods and probe cores (it seems to)? If so, how do we have a aerodynamic antenna that can be deployed while launching?

No built-in antennas, you have to use the small fixed antenna.

21 hours ago, Skylon said:

I can't find the default profile settings window if there is one

1 hour ago, Skylon said:

Is this to do with the 'default profile' (this is something I do not yet understand)?

There are no in-game settings. The default profile is just the set of configs, rules, resources and parts that is used by Kerbalism. If you are discovering the mod, I suggest not trying to modify the profile as this require a good understanding of the plugin inner workings. Refer to the github wiki for documentation on the default profile.

25 minutes ago, Andrea Galimberti said:

Now I just added an ISRU configured with waste compressor and a custom process I defined editing the config file.

My guess is that you screwed up something while editing the profile. Attach your modified file so we can troubleshoot this.

@Andrea Galimberti I can't see anything wrong in you profile.

Do you have CRP (Community Resource Pack) installed, by chance ? Kerbalism RESOURCE_DEFINITION for Waste is not exactly the same as the one in CRP (CRP define a custom "hsp"), I've heard that this could lead to two different incompatible resources with the same name to coexist :

CRP definition :

Spoiler
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Waste
density = 0.00075
hsp = 600 // specific heat capacity (kJ/tonne-K as units) // FIXME total guess
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
isVisible = true
unitCost = 0